Few space marines

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Dunx

Few space marines

#1 Post by Dunx »

I started playing 40k few weeks ago and started with assault on black reach. Here are few of my finished marines. I haven't decided my chapter's name yet so if you have suggestions feel free to tell me. I have been thinking something like Blue Ravens or such. I would also like to know what you think about my colour scheme. Sorry about my bad english again.

-Sir we are completely surrounded!
-Excellent, that means we can attack in every
direction!!
Dunx

#2 Post by Dunx »

Comments anyone?
direction!!
Loki17

#3 Post by Loki17 »

I like it. Nothing too complicated. Executed fairly well. The color scheme should be easy to do for the whole army. You probably won't win any Golden Demons with it, but your army will look very nice on the table.
[quote="Prince_Asuryan"]What if I want someone with the body of a ten year old boy[/quote]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31971&hilit]DING DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAAAAD![/url]
lothernbouy

#4 Post by lothernbouy »

Excellent contrast between the colours. I prefer the marine to the Predator though, just think the white looks more solid. Really good stuff.
Si'anelle of Avelorn
Dreamer of Worlds

#5 Post by Si'anelle of Avelorn »

Blue and white makes for a good colour scheme. I like it. :D
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/Sianelleofavelorn/Warhammer/webbanner.jpg[/img]
Rhawtir

#6 Post by Rhawtir »

Looks great :) And like someone above me said, I to like the marine better than the predator, even though the predator is still sweet =)
Look and see the sky turn red.
Like blood, it covers over me.
And soon the sea shall give up her dead.
We'll raise an empire from the bottom of the sea.
Skybreaker

#7 Post by Skybreaker »

The marine is nice - different and with a nice punchy colour scheme that will look great on the tabletop.

To take him to the next level I would consider a white symbol of some kind on the shoulder pad or knee, to balance up that part of the model (it's hard to see the back, so I won't comment except to say it looks like it might need a little more white).

The predator I think is more problematic. Maybe it needs some white on the turret to unweight that part of the model, as at the moment there is no white at all on the top of the hull or turret?

Good job anyway!
Dunx

#8 Post by Dunx »

I will paint something to shoulder pads as soon as I get whole squad painted.
direction!!
Jimmy
Centurion

#9 Post by Jimmy »

Nice work indeed, the blue and white really do look clean and precise.
Nec Sorte Nec Fato - Neither By Chance Nor Fate

X-wing Blog
srpelicano

#10 Post by srpelicano »

I really like the Marine. Looks very slick and a squad of them would be great to see. I'm not liking the tank as much. It looks too solid of a color. Maybe you could add some battle damage to it to break up the blue a little or something along those lines. I think it's a great start though.