Silver helms help needed

Want tips? Have tips? Have pictures even? Well, post them here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Tzhow

Silver helms help needed

#1 Post by Tzhow »

Hey guys, just got my silver helms in the mail from the US, anyone have/know of a good guide for painting them? seems like the horses especially are gonna be a bit hard to pull off
Nyeave

Re: Silver helms help needed

#2 Post by Nyeave »

You can have a look at the horses in my plog (link below) and if there is anything you like I can tell you what I did.
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
Tzhow

#3 Post by Tzhow »

i wanted to do all my horses white, cause i feel high elves and white horses go hand in hand :D, any chance you could just let me know what colours you used on your white horse? (prince i think), or any tips/hints for doing a white horse (my white always seems a bit dirty :( , gonna buy some vallejo see if it makes a difference haha)
Nyeave

#4 Post by Nyeave »

I did the white horse with a base of 1:1 mix of Fortress Grey and Ceramite White with a layer of Ceramite white.
The trick to do white (and I am by no means a pro but I my white did get a few compliments though) is patience and water. Most of my white is done with a something like a 70% paint to 30% water mix and then lots of layers. Most of my whites are done in 3-10 layers depending on the surface and how well I diluted the paint.
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
Tzhow

#5 Post by Tzhow »

Thanks man appreciate the help!
John Rainbow

#6 Post by John Rainbow »

Nyeave wrote:I did the white horse with a base of 1:1 mix of Fortress Grey and Ceramite White with a layer of Ceramite white.
The trick to do white (and I am by no means a pro but I my white did get a few compliments though) is patience and water. Most of my white is done with a something like a 70% paint to 30% water mix and then lots of layers. Most of my whites are done in 3-10 layers depending on the surface and how well I diluted the paint.
Good call. Paint white is a real PITA.
Paba

#7 Post by Paba »