Ulthuan

Ulthuan, Home of the Asur
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 pm 
Very Helpful Elf

Quote:
Yeah. I never said I agreed with her ;) More models is always good. Though I have reigned in my inner collector and managed to buy very little in the past couple of years :)

I'd been doing very well at that myself. The last month or two has not been as good though. I have found a couple very good deals that I just couldn't pass on.

It's been a long time since I've played 8th ed. but that shooting list you mention is fairly effective. Really only fun to play once or twice though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:20 pm 
Green Istari

Prince of Spires wrote:
I think one of the nice things about Alith Anar is that he truly is a budget lord choice. He's cheap enough to easily fit an archmage next to him.

If they sit in that PG block you could easily crank the whole lot up to a 3+ Ward Rod. Alith also gives Swiftstride which is very interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=70001

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

And a -1 to hit for shooting at the unit. That would be one tough nut to crack from a distance.

The list then probably needs some offensive magic in it as well. Something like a lvl 2 with fire, metal or light magic. Perhaps metal has the most utility in this case. Give him the scroll and the ring of fury and he's a good backup caster.

Should be fun enough I think. But indeed a "use it once or twice" kind of list. That goes for most of my lists though. I like switching things up. Which is also fine since I don't train for competitive tournaments or anything like that. So no need to be overly familiar with my list.

Rod

For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm 
Green Istari

Prince of Spires wrote:
The list then probably needs some offensive magic in it as well. Something like a lvl 2 with fire, metal or light magic. Perhaps metal has the most utility in this case. Give him the scroll and the ring of fury and he's a good backup caster.

Convocation and boosted Soul Quench can be pretty tasty but I agree the Metal guy is interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:24 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

With the lvl 4 on high, chances are great to get those spells already. And the level 2 could easily end up with little to cast when also going high for this list. Yes, he would be great with Soul Quench and convocation. But I would rather have convocation on the lvl 4. And the lvl two could just as easily get Walk between worlds and unforging.

I think metal on the level 2 brings a lot of extra utility to this list. Searing doom is a great spell on a lower level caster and gives a tool to deal with certain types of units that some HE lists might struggle with. And it's a must dispel spell in some cases (you don't want the D6 hits that wound on 2+ when you have a smaller cavalry unit for instance). Which is always nice.

And the rest of the lore I think golden hounds is probably the most situational spell and final transmutation is can be a bit meh (though it's actually cheap and could be great vs hordes). But enchanted blades and transmutation are great for this list. Just imagine +1 to hit with armour piercing shooting for the handmaiden unit with sister and alith anar.

Rod

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:44 pm 
Green Istari

List please!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

Very small, slightly hobby related, update from me. I recently moved to a new house. Which, besides a lot of other nice features, has a spare room to be used for WH related stuff. Yay!

The downside is, as is to be expected I guess, that the room currently looks like this:

Since it's a non-core room it is currently used to store all boxes that still either need to move to their definitive location or need to be unpacked. There's also furniture stuff in there, including a book case which will house the different WH models. But that still needs to be put together. And of course, this actually requires having some floor space to work, which requires the stuff in the boxes to actually be in the book case still to be put together. So that will be interesting ;)

Still, progress :)

Rod

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am 
Pendragon

This is me being jelly. I want a mancave for my hobbies too!

Congrats on the new move, looking forwards to your progress hitting turbo

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:05 pm 

Thats indeed the biggest acomplishment in life a man can aspire to. Getting his own geek cave in his house :mrgreen:

Follow the dramatic battles and events occured in the ''island of gods'' 4 armies campaign!

Terrae Autocratorum. A space marines log..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:52 pm 

As my current painting station is a couple of old leather suitcases stacked on the floor, I'm very jealous of an entire room dedicated to models.
Congrats on the move, I know how hectic the first few weeks are!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:24 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

Thanks guys. My previous hobby spot was also just a couple of shelves for storing models and a tray to fit my paints and in progress models. But it was one of the items high on the wishlist for the new house, having some hobby space. I'm interested to see how it will turn out. It might be a bit cramped, but at least it's my own ;)

I'll keep you guys updated on the progress as I get the room sorted.

Rod

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:11 pm 

Good luck with the Hobby Room Prince of Spires! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:46 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

elendor_f wrote:
Good luck with the Hobby Room Prince of Spires! :D

Cheers. I have since create a bit of order in the chaos and have started moving boxes around and unpacking them in their final location. Slowly but surely it's starting to look like a room again (very slowly...).

Rod

Check out my plog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm 

The room certainly has potential to become a comfy workshop. Do keep us updated on the progress and the final result of the adaptation!

Luna Guardian wrote:
This is me being jelly. I want a mancave for my hobbies too!

Rednecks have caves. We, men of culture, deserve a study or an atelier ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm 
Pendragon

Lynve wrote:
Rednecks have caves. We, men of culture, deserve a study or an atelier ;)

Like I said, I want a mancave too :wink:

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:03 pm 

really cool minis mate. That phoenix is superb!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am 
Auctor Aeternitatum

:D thanks! It was lots of fun to make.

Check out my plog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9