List with battle banner against dwarfs, 2000pts

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Sinsigel

List with battle banner against dwarfs, 2000pts

#1 Post by Sinsigel »

Archmage(Lv4, Book of Hoeth) - High Magic
Noble(BSB, Battle Banner, DP Kit)
Noble(Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix)

10 Archers
10 Archers

16 White Lions(Guardian, Standar Bearer with Banner of Sorcery)
5 Dragon Princes of Caledor(Drakemaster with Helm of Fortune, Standard Bearer with Banner of Ellyrion)
5 Ellyrian Reavers
5 Shadow Warriors

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle

2,000pts

Three light units(eagle, reavers, shadow warriors) will be thrown against warmachines, while WL and DP advance under the woods. I chose book of hoeth to make sure the archmage breaks through dwarf dispel attempts all by himself.(And I wanted to use battle banner instead of 2nd mage) Archers will shoot dwarf missile troops, but if archmage gets 2nd spell from high magic, they might shoot organ guns to pick out some crew. The reason why I chose high magic is because I considered it to be the most safe choice when there are no silver wand nor seerstaff. Even if I don't roll 5 or 6, spell #1~4 are still very useful. The only thing I worry about is that there are only few 'light' units. Any advice are welcome.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: List with battle banner against dwarfs, 2000pts

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

The Book looks a good choice as you don't have to invest in the scroll caddy against Dwarves and their normal defence is so strong. A bit unsure about High Magic, Vaul's Unmaking could be useful but will the damage spells do enough? If you go for Shadow you are very likely to roll either Pit or Lurker which could be good or Metal's worth a look.

Again it's a neat touch putting Sorcery on the White Lions as they don't have to worry much about Fear here. You've got enough light stuff with the eagle and cavalry I think.
Maxl Rose

Re: List with battle banner against dwarfs, 2000pts

#3 Post by Maxl Rose »

Hello Sinsigel

I have played dwarf for a few years now so ill give you what i see, as a dwarf player, when i look at your list. Dragon princes and only 5 of them. Does your friend play the anvil? if so it will be a hard to win when he will have 7dd stock. Revers arnt much of a thret to WMcrews with engineers in them especial if they lose one or two guys on the way in. Maybe switch one BT for another eagle it will take 2 if you plan on killing WM in a timely mannor

What dwarfs hate to see is multiple units that charge on the second turne, like chariots, 2 tiranoc chariots in this list would be sacrey that way he has to think about what he is going to shoot. As your list is now there is only one must kill and thats the DP

hope this helps

Maxl