2250 points no magic High Elf army list

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

2250 points no magic High Elf army list

#1 Post by Luna Guardian »

The other day I got totally fed up with having to field tons of mages to counter tons of shamans who are there to counter my tons of mages, so I thought up a list with absolutely no magic and that might still be good for friendly games

Prince @ 445 Pts
General
Longbow
Star Lance [40]
Armour of Caledor [25]
Amulet of Fire [20]
Griffon @ [200] Pts

Battle Standard Bearer @ 184 Pts
Great Weapon
Dragon Armour
Banner of the World Dragon

Noble @ 141 Pts
Dragon Armour
Talisman of Loec [10]
The White Sword [40]

Noble @ 193 Pts
Lance; Heavy Armour
Reaver Bow [40]
Enchanted Shield [10]
Great Eagle @ [50] Pts

Core

20 First SpearElves @ 230 Pts
Full Command
Banner of Arcane Protection [25]

10 Archers @ 110 Pts

Special

20 White Lions @ 330 Pts
Full Command

Lion Chariot @ 140 Pts

Lion Chariot @ 140 Pts

5 Swordmasters @ 87 Pts
Bladelord @ [12] Pts

Rare

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

1 Repeater Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

1 Great Eagles @ 50 Pts

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 2

Models in Army: 70

Total Army Cost: 2250
Last edited by Luna Guardian on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Gramkillsfafnir

Re: 2250 points no magic High Lef army list

#2 Post by Gramkillsfafnir »

I like it!
good concept, I might try a similar type of list myself one of these days.
geoguswrek

Re: 2250 points no magic High Lef army list

#3 Post by geoguswrek »

Only 1 unit of white lions luna? for shame!
DAMN THE VENOM SWORD
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=44127
Fwum

Re: 2250 points no magic High Elf army list

#4 Post by Fwum »

No Loremasters robe? Should be ace on the lord, as the amulet won't keep the nasty magic away from him. If you switch it for the star lance (yeah, he loses a lot of power, but better that than dead...) and drop his bow you should also have enough points for two more sword masters, bringing their unit up to the magic seven. Otherwise looks real cool list! Like you I'm somewhat fed up with all magic arms race, and we do have some good anti-magic items to pick from that doesn't require a caddy.
White_Phoenix

#5 Post by White_Phoenix »

@Fwum

The problem with Cloak is it that it may help against the magic missiles, but those are easily avoidable by going to combat or flying away. The REAL problem is beast cowers, which L'sC has no effect on...

@ Luna

I like the concept alot, but i have some comments on the list:

About the armor of Caledor, i would consider swapping it for Heavy armor (you already get fire protection from the Amulet), Shield and Helm of Fortune. I prefer a 3+ rerollable on a 2+, but that maybe just me. It also allows you tp swap for hand weapon in the second round of combat, turning it to a 2+ rerollable (Hope i got the rules straight on this one... can't remember if you are allowed not to use a magic item when you have it). It is also a good idea to grab a great weapon, will make this lord useful in combat even when his Gryph drops dead.

I would drop the standard off the Lions, already got the BSB in them, all it does is possibly giving 100 points to the enemy. Also, i like to give the Champ in the unit i put the BsB in the Armour of Caledor, to make him last longer in challenges in order to minimize danger to the BSB.

Other than that, its real awesome, i might make a similar list as well :D .

WP
Aderyn

#6 Post by Aderyn »

White_Phoenix wrote:@Fwum

The problem with Cloak is it that it may help against the magic missiles, but those are easily avoidable by going to combat or flying away. The REAL problem is beast cowers, which L'sC has no effect on...

@ Luna

I like the concept alot, but i have some comments on the list:

About the armor of Caledor, i would consider swapping it for Heavy armor (you already get fire protection from the Amulet), Shield and Helm of Fortune. I prefer a 3+ rerollable on a 2+, but that maybe just me. It also allows you tp swap for hand weapon in the second round of combat, turning it to a 2+ rerollable (Hope i got the rules straight on this one... can't remember if you are allowed not to use a magic item when you have it). It is also a good idea to grab a great weapon, will make this lord useful in combat even when his Gryph drops dead.

I would drop the standard off the Lions, already got the BSB in them, all it does is possibly giving 100 points to the enemy. Also, i like to give the Champ in the unit i put the BsB in the Armour of Caledor, to make him last longer in challenges in order to minimize danger to the BSB.

Other than that, its real awesome, i might make a similar list as well :D .

WP

first off, good point about the helm and amulet.

your not allowed to swap weapon in the next combat unless it's a fresh combat. ALSO your not allowed to take a mundane CC weapon(great wep) if you have a magical CC weapon. When mounted you do not get the handweapon + shield bonus thus being unable to get the 2+ you mentioned.
2250p army 2010 results
Massacres: 4
Solid victory: 2
minor losses: 1
Massacred: 1