1k need a little help vs mainly LM and DE

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Atty1988

1k need a little help vs mainly LM and DE

#1 Post by Atty1988 »

Hi all,
at the local its pretty much LM and DE all the time, very few fantasy players sadly but it wont deter me :)
one of my other mates has LM and we play weekly and i hate skinks lol theyre so cheap and really make all the difference

so without futher ado my list:
l2 mage, seerstaff
l2 mage, RoF, wand
10 archers
14 WL, champ, std, banner of balance
7 SM, std, banner of sorcery
RBT
= 991

the store LM player normally has something like:
EoTG(plaque, scroll), priest foot(scroll, blood statute), cheif foot(3xshot bow), 3x 10 skink skirmishers, 5 chameleons...im pretty sure that was all

DE player:
sorcerer, combat char(Ring), spear block, 10 xbows, 5 cold ones, 2 RBT/hydra...or something along those lines, i havnt been down in a couple weeks

so any thoughts?

(EDIT)at my disposal i have...3 mages foot, 20 archers, 30 spears, 15 WL, 18 SM, 2 RBT, 2 eagles
Last edited by Atty1988 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PGP

Re: 1k need a little help vs mainly LM and DE

#2 Post by PGP »

Why you do not take musician to lions as you have the points.

You could test just for fun swords and lions otherway around something like:
9 Lions+sb+sorcery banner
13 SM+sb+balance banner

My 1k list is similar I just use dragon princes and eagle instead of rbt and SM

You could also test shadow warriors (5 is enough). Small table just little reduces their usages. Convert shadow warriors from spear and archers (take e.g. sword arms, helms and archer bodies with lsg bow holsters). Tell the shopkeeper that the SWs are not a proxy they are conversions. Now you have a march blocker

Also you might use silverhelms as a march blocking unit. Drop the rbt and one lion for 5 naked helms. Do not buy them, if you do not own them (Usually everybody just does). You could also configure reavers from archers, spears and helms. They can be useful, but against LM and DE they just die to shooting.