2250pt Tournament List - Archmage on a Moon Dragon

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Kiwi

2250pt Tournament List - Archmage on a Moon Dragon

#1 Post by Kiwi »

Ignore this one sorry - (quote is in 2nd post) - new list I would like some help with and feedback on is further down
Last edited by Kiwi on Tue May 19, 2009 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flame of the Asuryan

Re: 2250pt Tournament List - focusing on the light stuff

#2 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Kiwi wrote:After playing in my 1st WHFB tournament last weekend I did some thinking about the list I used, and decided to make some modifications to include those units that worked well for me during the weekend. New list has a stronger core element and much weaker special unit choices. Gone are 2 units of 5 x DP, my Lvl 2 Mage, 10xArchers and 10xSwordmasters.

Any feedback would be welcome, have two months before this list needs to be submitted so lots of time to play test and repaint everything.

Archmage Lvl 4
- Folraiths Robe, Dispel Scrollx2, Jewel of Dusk

If you like to play with this, that's okay. Maybe exchange something in the list to purchase Sorc banner for the phoenixes?

Still gives me 7PD and 4DD which is pretty reasonable. Put him with PGuard or Bolt-Throwers. Expensive Scroll Caddie I know but I want the option of using offensive magic if I can

Noble
- Dragon Armour, Enchanted Shield, Helm of Fortune, GW

Illegal, E. Shield cannot be combined with HoF anymore...too bad...exchange him for Dragon Princes, since you need more flanker units.

Consider the GW to be optional depending upon opponent would opt to use HW. Will go with Lion Bannered Spears

Noble
- Armour of Caledor, GW, Amulet of Light, BSB

Great character, I use it alot, he is the man in inf lists!
Standard set up - going with 2nd Spear unit

Spearmen x24
- FC, Lion Banner

Spearmen x24
- FC

I like spearmen too, but you already have a great unit. Buff your Phoenix Guards and buy a flanker unit, then some 12ish Seaguard with musician.

Want to use both of these units 6 wide and 4 Deep with PG in the middle of them. S3 attacks arent much to right home about, but you get enough of them and your OK

Phoenix Guard x19
- FC, War Banner, Gem of Courage

Like these with sorc banner. Its an option. Consider Dragon Horn for gem of courage(you already have a BSB nearby, dont you?

No charge here except +1 PGuard model - wish they could fight in ranks

Swordmasters x15
- Champion

2X7!!!!! Or 12-14 with Banner of Balance.
Dropped 1 unit of 10 and added 5 models to this one, really need Sacred Incense but dont know how to fit it in - Noble?

Ellyrian Reavers x5
- Bows

Dragon Princes did OK but fast cavalry would be more helpful

Shadow Warriors x6
- Champion

Shadow Warriors x6
- Champion

Would exchange one unit of these with 2 eagles. Combined with one unit of shadow warriors, you can cover one flank :D

12 Archers = 132 pts for 10 S3 shots hitting on 3's. 12 Shadow Warriors = 216 pts for 14 S3 Shots hitting on 2's with hatred in close combat. Its a big point cost increase but these guys were simply invaluable in every round I played over the weekend.

Bolt-Thrower

Bolt-Thrower

TOTAL 2,249 pts
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Kiwi

Re: 2250pt Tournament List - something different?

#3 Post by Kiwi »

Oops my mistake, kind of worked that out in my head last night without checking book. Did some more revising just now and re-considered sticking my Dragon Mage back in but in a different way.

Archmage Lvl 4
- Vambraces of Defence, Seerstaff, Sword of Might, Moon Dragon

Noble
- Helm of Fortune, Dragon Armour, Shield, Gem of Courage, GW

Noble
- Armour of Caledor, Amulet of Light, GW, BSB

Archers x10

Spears x24
- FC, Lion Banner

Phoenix Guard x17
- FC, Banner of Sorcery

Swordmasters x7