1000 pts, DM and non-friendly

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shandiar

1000 pts, DM and non-friendly

#1 Post by Shandiar »

My army looks like this:

Dragon Mage level 2 with silverwand

10 archers + musician

5 Dragon Princes

1 White Lion Chariot

6 White Lions

1 RBT

A Caledor/Chrace theme which worked very well. You got the shooting, magic and impact that you need for most things.
High Priest of ASS
Bel-Hathe

Re: 1000 pts, DM and non-friendly

#2 Post by Bel-Hathe »

I want to try this when I have finished converting my dragon.

Two ideas which are more a question of style:

1. You could drop the archers to spears, change the muso to a standard bearer and have points for a scroll in case the opponent gets a nasty spell off.

2. You could upgrade the archers to LSG without shields (I make that 1000 points on the nose).
Blothgar

Re: 1000 pts, DM and non-friendly

#3 Post by Blothgar »

I would say you have too few models in your army, and you will need skill and luck vs. armies that has a good shooting or magic phase. You can't really afford any casualties at all save maybe the archers.

Also you have no protection for your dragon mage, I recommend keeping the silver wand, but give him the GCoA or GP for the last 40/25 points.

--

Go for spears as Bel-Hathe recommends. It is the only way you will get enough bodies with a dragon mage @ 1000 p.

I think I would drop the WLC down to a tiranoc too, and switch out the 6 man white lion unit with swordsmasters. SM's works better as a small flanking unit, the WL's don't have enough attacks.