2000pt Magic Show

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

WarpPhoenix

2000pt Magic Show

#1 Post by WarpPhoenix »

I name this; Protection of Hoeth

Teclis: 475
Dragon Mage: 435 (Silver wand, 2 power stones, level 2)
Mage: 185 (Seerstaff, Scroll, level 2)

10 Spears: 90
10 Spears: 90

14 Swords: 300 (FC, Amu of light(may drop for magic res(1)), standard of balance)
5 D Princes: 150
14 Lions: 272 (standard, banner of sorc)

I know its a really small list but this is all the models of I have so far, more stuff is in the mail but wont be here til next week. Im going to try this list throughout the week, tommorow being its first game.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding placement of units and magical items then let me know, keeping in mind this is a magic heavy army and weighs strongly toward it. I know its fickle and all but for the models I have its what I want to do. Just anything to make the units a little less soft or a little more threatening.

Thanks for any answers given! (btw I have about 15 more spearmen if anyone thinks more spears will do any good)
Hey, does this cloth smell like chloroform?
PGP

Re: 2000pt Magic Show

#2 Post by PGP »

Take ring of fury to DM instead of powerstone DM can already cast with four dice. Take the powerstone to mage instead of scroll. Mage can't cast with four dice and you really don't need an extra scroll (dispel:6+d3+superscroll).

I'd divide the swords to 2x7 without command, teclis ld10 helps to keep them in control. You also need march blockers (reavers, eagles, shadow warriors)

Lions really need the FC, balance/lion banner and champ (take challenges away from teclis). Take the sorcery banner to princes. You might find the points for LSG:s, the arrows can make difference with heavy magic. I'd probably drop the dragon mage for spears/lsg and ring of fury+wand lvl2 mage (proxy from spear/archer/DM sprue). I'd take something like:

T
lvl2+RoF+wand
lvl2+seer+stone
2x10 Lsg+shields
2x7 SM
2-3x5 SW (proxy from spears, cut spear hands and put bow and sword to back)
14xlions with FC and balance+gem of courage
5xDP and sorcery banner