4k HE/Dwarfs vs 5k Orcs/VC

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

CrazyIvan

4k HE/Dwarfs vs 5k Orcs/VC

#1 Post by CrazyIvan »

Evening all!
On friday me and my short beardy friend is going to face 5k VC and Orcs, this with only 4k at our disposal, so were in for one helluva fight!
The trick is that we arent allowed to have any Special Characters, while our opponents (cowards 8) ) will field Vlad and Grimgor... I arent even allowed to have a tiny StarDragon... So this is the list that I have so far, its 120 p short so Im thinking about adding some more PGs to beef them up or maybe a RBT. What do you think?

2000 p alliance with Dwarves

General:

# Lvl 4 Archmage
Equipment:
* Vortex Shard
* Scroll

Characters:

# Lvl 2 Mage
Equipment:
* Ring of Fury

# Lvl 2 Mage
Equipment:
* Scrolls x2

Core:

# Spearmen x10

# Spearmen x10

Special:

# White Lions of Chrace x15 with Full Com
Equipment:
* Lion Standard

# Phoenix Guards x15 with Full Com
Equipment:
* Standard of Balance
* Amulet of Light

# Swordmasters of Hoeth x7

# Swordmasters of Hoeth x7

# Lion Chariot of Chrace

Rare:

# Great Eagle

/CrazyIvan
dabber
Tactician

#2 Post by dabber »

You each field a legal 2000 pt army and they each field a legal 2500 pt army? Sure the O&G are weak, but having VC as allies should make up for that without giving them extra points. How are you handling magic dice in an allied game?

I would say their using those special characters helps you, not hurts you. Grimgor is a beast ... if he ever sees close combat. He should never see close combat against you. Or send in a properly equiped Dwarf Lord to kick his butt. Vlad is unkillable, but he isn't particularly good otherwise.

Allied with Dwarfs, you cannot really mount enough offense magic to be effective, because they don't have any. The combined dispel power of two armies will be countering your one army and those enemy armies have points to spare. Just play defense instead. Archmage, level 3, Annulian Crystal, 3 scrolls. Dwarfs take an Anvil with +1 to dispel and their version of Annulian Crystal. Depending upon what magic rules you use, that gives you 10-13 dispel dice and +2 to dispel, plus 3 scrolls. With them not taking a big caster, you can potentially stop their entire magic phase all game.
That means you reduce their serious units with shooting before you engage and finish them off in close combat.
Mabbz

Re: 4k HE/Dwarfs vs 5k Orcs/VC

#3 Post by Mabbz »

Bolt throwers are usefull against both VC and O&G. Vlad isnt un killable and make sure you save enough dice to cast Drain magic at the end of your magic phase as a safety.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Mabbz.png[/img][/url]