HE V's Chaos Warriors - 2250pts

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elven Lord

HE V's Chaos Warriors - 2250pts

#1 Post by Elven Lord »

Got a battle at the weekend against Chaos Warriors.

Don't really know what we'll be fielding, but I'm thinking of going for the following

Prince, star dragon, radiant gem, armor of calador,

Mage, lvl 2

Hero, bsb, battle banner
19 x Phoenix guard

20 x Spears

10 x archers

6 x Dragon Princes

5 x Silver Helms

5 x Silver Helms

2 x RBT

Not really sure on what magic items to go for on the prince and mage.
Last edited by Elven Lord on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
PapaElf

#2 Post by PapaElf »

Hi,
The list exactly as written, i.e. no equipment, no items, no command, is 2145 points. The first drop should be the illegal 5th character, remember the Dragon counts as two. After that, consideration should be given the Phoenix Guard and the Spear block, they are too slow, IMO, for a Dragon list. I'm assumming that the SilverHelms are there, because your model collection will not support additional Dragon Princes. Do you have chariots?
PapaElf
Elven Lord

#3 Post by Elven Lord »

PapaElf wrote:Hi,
The list exactly as written, i.e. no equipment, no items, no command, is 2145 points. The first drop should be the illegal 5th character, remember the Dragon counts as two. After that, consideration should be given the Phoenix Guard and the Spear block, they are too slow, IMO, for a Dragon list. I'm assumming that the SilverHelms are there, because your model collection will not support additional Dragon Princes. Do you have chariots?
Yes only got 7 Dragon Princes, but would only field one unit anyway. Was thinking that the silver helms could start on the outer edges and flank to eneny for 3 / 4th turn rear charges to support the Phoenix guard or help out the spear blocks.

Thanks for reminding me about the Charactor slots, will drop a mage.

Re chariots got one lion and one tiranoic .
Kiwi

#4 Post by Kiwi »

Interesting list particularly as Chaos has no real shooting outside of the Marauder horsemen. Just need to be careful as those units are cheap count as fast cavalry and he can effectively use them to march block and pin down your Silver Helms etc. This will effectively stop you from getting that first charge and leave you open for the Warriors to come in.

Can you get Swordmasters by any chance? You will definately need them as the typical Chaos Knight has a 2+ or sometimes 1+ AS, and the typical Chaos Warrior 2+ so the GW attacks of the Swordmasters will be a big benefit.