2250 pts - Friendly list for (very) friendly games!

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Minsc

2250 pts - Friendly list for (very) friendly games!

#1 Post by Minsc »

Greetings everyone.

Right now, it's very popular at my gameclub to use - http://atlantis.sverok.net/WPS/RT_WPS_C ... 2_beta.pdf - when making armylists for friendly games, and most of us try to create and use lists that reach between 3600-4000 ACpoints (komp 18-20).

I've come up with a list that reaches 3965 ACpoints/19,83 komp, and I had a go with it yestetday against a komp 20 Beastmen army, and with some luck it turned into a massacre in my favour. (My opponent had 1 single Centigor left on the table :lol: )

Please feel free to comment on the list; (+AC points is written with (+XXX+) after units that give + or -.

-Lords & Heroes-

Noble - 143 pts
Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix.
General

Noble - 174 pts
BSB, Barded Elven Steed, Shield, Dragon Armour, Sword of Might, Helm of Fortune

Mage - 185 pts
Level 2, Silverwand, 2x Dispell Scrolls

-Core-

23x Spearmen - 232 pts (+464+)
Full Command
(General & Mage joins)

10x Archers - 110 pts (+110+)

-Special-

15x White Lions - 280 pts (+255+)
Full Command, Lion Standard
(BSB joins)

14x Swordmasters - 300 pts (+240+)
Full Command, Banner of Sorcery, Talisman of Loec

7x Dragon Princes - 290 pts
Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Amulet of Light

Lion Chariot - 140 pts

6x Shadow Warriors - 96 pts (+96+)

-Rare-

2x Great Eagles - 100 pts (-100-)

2x Repeater Bolt Throwers - 200 pts (-100-)

Pts: 2250 / 2250 pts
PD: 4+D3 (-100-)
DD: 3 + 2 Scrolls (-100-)
Entries: 10 + Scouts

ACpoints: 3965 (No lord gives +200+)

//Minsc
Last edited by Minsc on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marsyon

#2 Post by Marsyon »

Ok Minsc,

I got it!! :) .. I didn't know ofthe existence of such a PDF to use. Thank you for posting the link. I will print it and use it with my opponent.

to your list:

It looks very friendly and well organized to me :wink:
I see the world old
I see the world dead
Under a pale grey sky, We shall ARISE
Minsc

#3 Post by Minsc »

Thank you for posting the link. I will print it and use it with my opponent.
'

You should try it out, it makes games soo much more entertaining.

But your friend will probably weep when he sees it because it's more or less impossible to score over 3000 ACpoints if he brings any Greater Daemon. :lol:
Flame of the Asuryan

#4 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

I would like to see the Dragon Prince musician and 1 Spearman getting dropped to, together with your 1 point not used, to add a Warbanner to your Spears.

3 Ranks
1 outnumber
1 banner
1 warbanner
-----
6 Static Combat

That makes for a good main battle line unit
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Natio

#5 Post by Natio »

Wow, that pdf is just what I've been looking for.

It fills that little niche of friendly gaming that I wake up in the morning I find myself wanting but just could never work out how to get it.

Similar to when you wake up in the morning and want eggs but just don't have any.

On you list I think there are some oddities that might not be bad but I want to ask about:

Such oddities as the bsb acting more as a combat rather than support character. I am assuming that the bsb will be going with the DP's so the Sword of Might is there as a preventative measure against rubber lance syndrome. Being that Elves, even DP's should do combined charges and with the Ellyrion banner this unit will aim for a flank why would your hero need to be combat oriented?
[quote="Eldacar"]
It's more a "do unto others what needs to be done, and too bad for whoever gets in your way" sort of ideal.[/quote]
[quote="Aryel"]Yes, let's delete all Eldacar's post count. It makes my e-penis look tiny.[/quote]
Flame of the Asuryan

#6 Post by Flame of the Asuryan »

Natio wrote:Wow, that pdf is just what I've been looking for.

It fills that little niche of friendly gaming that I wake up in the morning I find myself wanting but just could never work out how to get it.

Similar to when you wake up in the morning and want eggs but just don't have any.

On you list I think there are some oddities that might not be bad but I want to ask about:

Such oddities as the bsb acting more as a combat rather than support character. I am assuming that the bsb will be going with the DP's so the Sword of Might is there as a preventative measure against rubber lance syndrome. Being that Elves, even DP's should do combined charges and with the Ellyrion banner this unit will aim for a flank why would your hero need to be combat oriented?Because his hero is fielded in the White Lion unit to secure his main battle line
Also, I would like to see Talisman of Loec be equipped on your Bladelord.
-"Humans are the cruelest of animals" Friedrich Nietzsche -
Minsc

#7 Post by Minsc »

I am assuming that the bsb will be going with the DP's so the Sword of Might is there as a preventative measure against rubber lance syndrome. Being that Elves, even DP's should do combined charges and with the Ellyrion banner this unit will aim for a flank why would your hero need to be combat oriented?
The BSB will go with the White Lions actually, the DP's as you said; Don't need him.
I would like to see the Dragon Prince musician and 1 Spearman getting dropped to, together with your 1 point not used, to add a Warbanner to your Spears.
Good idéa, except Warbanner gives -100-, wich will bump me down to 19 komp :( Otherwise I'd take it on the spears without hesitation.
Also, I would like to see Talisman of Loec be equipped on your Bladelord.
Dropping a Spear in favour for the Talisman? That could work!
Enginseer

#8 Post by Enginseer »

thanks for posting this, will probably give it a shot.
Additional Generic Comment...
Natio

#9 Post by Natio »

Minsc wrote: The BSB will go with the White Lions actually, the DP's as you said; Don't need him.
Then you are paying 16 points for something that only grants a better armour save. Are you going to use him as a surprise flanker like a fanatic or something?

I'm sorry I just can't see how you want this guy to work. With the dragon armour costing 300 of your AC points I'd drop that on him and the sword of might and give him the amulet of fire and a lance or halberd if you want him charging out. It would cost a bit more points but you'd have some better magic protection and the same effects.
[quote="Eldacar"]
It's more a "do unto others what needs to be done, and too bad for whoever gets in your way" sort of ideal.[/quote]
[quote="Aryel"]Yes, let's delete all Eldacar's post count. It makes my e-penis look tiny.[/quote]
Minsc

#10 Post by Minsc »

With the dragon armour costing 300 of your AC points
DA only gives -300 if you have it on a Dragonrider.

And I use the BSB as a...well, as a BSB. He gives the WLs some extra punch (not that they really need it, but I usually fail hitting stuff with them), and he can take on challenges with his 1+ rerollable armoursave.
Natio

#11 Post by Natio »

Minsc wrote:
With the dragon armour costing 300 of your AC points
DA only gives -300 if you have it on a Dragonrider.

And I use the BSB as a...well, as a BSB. He gives the WLs some extra punch (not that they really need it, but I usually fail hitting stuff with them), and he can take on challenges with his 1+ rerollable armoursave.
Well it does say the caledor armour is a -300 if on a dragon but I didn't think that included the dragon armour.

I always make mistakes like that.

Let me know how you do.
[quote="Eldacar"]