1Ê HE on mini tournament

This forum is for 7th edition WHFB Army lists.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Muzykant

1Ê HE on mini tournament

#1 Post by Muzykant »

Hi all! I`m new hear and new with HEs (playing Beasts for years). So, hope you`ll accept me in your community :) .
I preparing to our local mini touney which will be on sunday. I played only 3 time with my new elves and never 1000pts. game.
There will the next armys:
2 Chaos W, Deamons, WC, Goblins, TKings (newer played), DElves.
So, I decided to choose AList like I see it with my poor experience in HE. When I had finished, I saw we are terribly too less!!
Here is two. Without magic and with:

Noble (151pts)
-BSteed, Sh, HvA, Lance
-Reaver Bow

Mage (140)
-lvl1
-2 x Scrl.

16 Spearelves (169)
-FC

5 Dragon Pr (150)
(maybee swap to 2 x 5 WLions/Smasters for guarding RBT and support spears?)

Lion Chariot (140)

2 x RBT (200)

GEagle (50)

1000pts, 3PD, 3DD, 2 x Scrl.

and magic:

Noble (151)
-BSteed, Sh, HvA, Lance
-Ring of Fury

Mage (185)
-lvl2
-2 x Scrl.
-Silver Vand

17 Spearelves (173)
-Ch, Std

5 Dr Princes (150)

Lion Chariot (140)

2 x RBT

999pts., 4 PD (and bound spell), 3DD, 2 x Scrl.

Usually, playing Beasts, I`ve got around 50 models, but with elves less than 30!
This is confusing a little :?

Thanks for your comments! :)
dabber
Tactician

#2 Post by dabber »

Two characters at 1000 pts is often a bad idea. They cost too much and don't do a whole lot individually.

Drop the spear block for archers. Saves a few points and is likely more effective. The only job of spears is rank bonus and you cannot afford enough for full rank bonus. If you want infantry at 1000 pts (and utility wise you perhaps don't), take Swordmasters or White Lions because they are effective in small units.

The chariot eats up a lot of points yet is easy to kill. Without more things in the army, you are probably better replacing it with Dragon Princes. At the moment, it is the only serious target for enemy shooting, which means it should die really fast.
Marinero

#3 Post by Marinero »

Greetings and welcome to the forum and the High Elves.

Dabber has given you some good advice.

I fully agree that you should be looking for 1 character for 1000 point games, as otherwise your army would be way too small.

There are 2 approaches that I would recommend:

I. Fast army:

* Noble, barded steed, lance, shield, dragon horn, helm of fortune - 156

* 10 Archers - 100

* 5 Dragon Princes, sb, Banner of Ellyrion - 185
* 5 Dragon Princes - 150
* White lion Chariot - 140
* 2xTyranoc Chariots - 170

* 2xGreat Eagles - 100

total: 1001

II. Magic:

* Mage, lvl 2, silver wand, ring of fury - 185

* 20 Spears, FC - 205

* 12 SM, fc, Banner of Sorcery - 260
* 5 Dragon Princes - 150

* 2xRBTs - 200

Total: 1000
garythewargamer

question

#4 Post by garythewargamer »

Can the noble take the ring of fury.
Marinero

#5 Post by Marinero »

Yes, as it is an enchanted item - thus a mage is allowed to take the silver wand the ring - an arcane+enchanted item combo
Muzykant

#6 Post by Muzykant »

Thanks for replys. I thought about heroes cutting, but in this case it will be lack of magic defence. Isn`t it?

About chariot. I just like it wery much in the way how it looking :oops: . And it seems to me it will be very fearsome in close combat. I hoped to downgreed enemy fire by my artillery, and maybe if i put in list more targets it will survive untill close comb? :roll: How do you think?
wynforth

#7 Post by wynforth »

i believe your first list is also illegal :( you have 3 rare choices, the two RBTS and a great eagle. We don't get to double up the bolt throwers like other armies since we get more Rare slots.

I'd agree with dropping to one hero for 1000pts. there are a couple combos that i find pretty fun to play. i don't remebmer the point costs off hand and i don't have my book on me :/

noble: dragon armor, bow of 3 S5 shots, lance, great eagle...10pts for somethign else
this guy gets around and can lay down some precise hurt where needed. He can actually take out some warmachines on turn one, pretty devastating when an empire army loses it's cannon before it gets to fire a shot :)

mage lvl 2 jewel of the dusk, dispel scroll, barded steed if you have the points.
this guy is for magic defense, unless facing dwarfs take high magic and just focus on getting drain magic off.

mage lvl 2, silver wand, ring of fury, barded steed if possible.
for one mage you can put out an amazing ammount of offense when one of your units brings the banner of sorcery, i recommend white lions or pheonix guard as the carriers. you'll have 3 spells, and 5-7 dice per phase + a pretty dangerous bound spell.

the steeds on the mages are if you can afford them, and just to provide them some kind of armor if things get dirty. you should still be keeping them protected in a block of troops.
Muzykant

#8 Post by Muzykant »

Hi again! That a little old theme, but I post any way. May be somebody get interest and read or even post something :wink: :) .
Using your suggestions I rebuild my roster in something other:

Mage (185)
-lvl2; Ring of F; Silver Vand

15 Spearelves (175)
-Std; Mu; Lion Std

Lion Chariot (140)

2 x 5 Dragon Pr (300)

2 x RBT (200)

General thought was simple: shoot as meny as you can and counter attack!
I won 2 and lost 1 games. Not bad actually. My only lost was against 170 goblins with full artillery and fanatics. Hate this army since playing Beasts :evil: . I thought that with RBT and magic I`ll get bloody revenge, but sadly... I was not lucky with scenario rulles. In first turn he got 450VP by catching randomely moveing alchemic and wiping out my DrPrs (I sould hide them) :cry: . Very lucky shooting for him. So, I have sitting on my hill and shooting on him untill the end of the game. That was not so bad, I almost got draw, but goblins had pass all their important panic tests. So - massacra for me.

What do you guys think about such build in general? Maybe drop magic for scrolls and get more spears (they just can`t hold in number of 15)?