Adapting to THE END

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Headshot
Ultimate End Times Chronicler

Adapting to THE END

#1 Post by Headshot »

Hello fellow Asur Aficionados:

First a confession - I have not followed warhammer for a couple of years now, so my knowledge of current world events is very limited. (On par with- vortex goes wonky, and Ulthuan pulls an Atlantis on us.) But I have made so many friends at ulthuan.net over the years, and have grown fond of so many characters, I thought I'd come here to see how people were adjusting to the new state of affairs.

So in short: what do you see your characters doing about all this 'end of times' misadventures? Where will they pack up and move? Are they still a part of the Empire (in exile)? A new kingdom? Anyone making the ultimate sacrifice and giving up their seat on the boat for that doe eyed elven child?

Just curious for those who want to share (old timers and new blood alike!). If you want you can think of this as a 'support group' helping us all get through these troubling times! (Hugs from Malossar for all who come in! :D )

Headshot

PS I have some thoughts about the Nagarathi....
[quote="Seredain"]Headshot, you are wise like Yoda[/quote]
Red Geist

Re: Adapting to THE END

#2 Post by Red Geist »

The Asur and the Druchii will fight over the very much abandoned Bretonnia.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

*Gasp!* Headshot, what's this?? You're in another subforum... Careful. Before you know it you start spending too much time on U.net. You know what they say, once you join, you can never leave. ;)

As mentioned before, Spires is breaking free of the Ever Empire. We're not following Malekith, there is too much hurt there. But Spires is also to calculating to follow someone who draws the Sword of Khaine, which is what Tyrion does in the End Times, in case you missed that part (spoiler, Tyrion dies somewhere along the way). Spires will probably extend a hand of freedom towards the new Empire in Athel Loren. They're more or less on the same side after all. But he will consider himself and the City as the last true remnant of Ulthuan and the Asur.

Fluff is in progress...

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#4 Post by Makiwara »

The idea behind my army was always a Cult of Loec with ties to all three elven races, so whilst I might ostensibly be using a Wood Elf list, the individual elves themselves might come from anywhere, for instance my Eternal Guard wear Shadow Warrior helms in the tradition of ancient Nagarythe and are led by a descendant of Yeasir, Malekith's Standard Bearer from the Sundering trilogy, my Wild Riders were once Ellyrian children taken as tribute by Orion after the Allisara incident and raised to be loyal to Loec. The image in my head is part Bregan D'aerthe from R.A. Salvatore, part ninja clan, part agent of Reunification.

I haven't strongly formed up what the army will be doing throughout all the End Times stuff, but the leader will be gathering up three magical heirlooms of Loec; the Talisman of Loec, the Blades of Loec and the Mantle of the Laughing God, I'm currently writing something up for T.D.'s writing challenge that takes place during the final battle and deals with the moments of the battle and immediately after. I'll probably wait to get as much of the official fluff as possible but I imagine them working in the shadows on behalf of the elven people as a whole and confronting Slaanesh's grab for elven souls. I'd like to write a piece or two about Vali confronting different people and offering paths forward, forging alliances with Druchii and Asur alike and doing whatever possible to snatch victory out of the maw of Slaanesh.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#5 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Yvresse has a long history of trading, maybe some smuggling(shoosh). There is room in our holds for a lot, the rest will be aided with magical gateways. First port of call will be Marienburg, that's where the gates will lead, so we'll regroup there, gather news and then see what's next.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#6 Post by Aicanor »

I have no small ambition here. Aicanor's going to take off with Tower of Hoeth.
It was built to endure the destruction of the world, but it is not much use at the bottom of the sea. As of course Bel Korhadris knew and prepared for. So I plan to preserve a sliver of what was Saphery. As for allegiances, Hoeth is neutral, which suits me well. And if there are some doe eyed elven children along the way, just let them get on board. :wink:
I must write the story as soon as possible before someone at GW realizes what I am planning to do. :mrgreen:
Makiwara
Chronicler

#7 Post by Makiwara »

The White Ark, I like it!
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Red Geist

#8 Post by Red Geist »

I have just finished a high elf army that had many conversion ideas in mind, but all fluff to me was lost when it made too many changes to be playable at a GT. This is my attempt to start over, and while the End Times have taken away glorious Ulthuan, I still have plenty of ideas.

Not much of Lothern has ever been explored in my opinion. I wanted my army general to perhaps be the mayor or governor of that great city. Sea Lord Aislinn may command the Lothern Sea Guard and hold all territories of the seas within and without Ulthuan as his jurisdiction, but not the governance of the city proper. That is left to my own character, who has yet to be named properly but they were considered responsible for maintaining order within the city, monitoring the non-elf quarters where dwarves and men traded elven goods for their own, and seeing to its defense alongside Aislinn.

Imagine such an elf would have to be accustomed to other races and cultures, for Lothern is one of the greatest trade hubs in the world, or at least it was. This person would perhaps be looked upon with slight disdain, as their tolerance for other cultures, and perhaps concessions made in trade deals to allow more wealth to flow into Lothern's coppers, such a person may not be looked upon as fully Asur by some hard liners on cultural matters.

Regardless, during the days of the final battles, the governor of Lothern saw to it that many ships were stocked with as much wealth and other items as possible, fitting the last of Lothern's civilian class vessels with chests of gold, artefacts of great worth, and perhaps rare furnishings. The worst came to past, and the city sank into the sea, but not before many merchants made it out with their lives and a sizable portion of their belongings and treasures.

Now in Athel Loren and a handful of safe ports left largely untouched by Nagash's hordes and the wrath of Archaon, a tremendous percentage of the remaining wealth of the High Elves, and all elvenkind in general, is maintained by the league of merchants from the city of Lothern, loyal to its keeper who saved their families and allowed them to hold on to much of their prized treasures, pieces of their family history, heirlooms, etc.

With all of this saved knowledge also came with it grand histories and ledgers listing the merchant families that existed in the city since before the sundering. The governor of Lothern tracked down a handful of Dark Elf clans or families that kept the same names as were within the mighty tome, and struck deals with them to gain loyalty and service. Some were in it merely for profit, but a handful wished for there to be no more enmity in these apocalyptic times, and joined in the hopes that a true alliance would form in time. These were not always the best friends to have, for many of the families had evolved into hedonistic witch elf covens. Working alongside the fair and controlled Asur would be an odd sight indeed.

So now, with Bretonnia unprotected after the great march north by many knights, this guild of Old Lothern sees to the defense of a portion of Bretonnia's fiefdoms, winning the hearts of the peasants and protecting them selflessly, hoping one day they may see a return of the elven empire. One day white spires may be built in those green fields, new ports made, so that the Asur may become a world power once more, led by the merchants and politicians of Lothern.
Headshot

#9 Post by Headshot »

Hmmmm....

A couple of 'real world' questions before I commence:

What happens to ulthuan.net now that Ulthuan is coral bedrock? And what happens to the army book? Will there be a new release (along the likes of 'ravening hordes')? Or will you be switching to the Wood or Dark Elf books?

It seems if nothing else, now significant sections of it are either null and void, or need to be updated. The bestiary for one. While I can see every elf lord eagerly packing up his favorite frost phoenix for the exodus, what happens to all the rest of the flora and fauna? All those lions of chrace that get recycled into beasts of burden and fashion accessaries - you'll need a pretty significant population for that. And thats no small thing. I mean in our world we have enough trouble keeping viable cheetah populations around. And I like to think, given our long and distinguished history of extinction events, that we are something of an expert in the subject! Most species don't handle the widespread destruction of their native habitat very well (cockroaches, rats and pigs, etc, not withstanding!). So whereto the white lions?

Still, Headshot, magic. Right!! Magic! Maybe Teclis will pull a moses and part the sea and the lions can walk to lustria? (And not die of diseases there. Hmmmm....)

Will there be refunds for all your sea guard models? (Though come to think of it, that might cripple the british economy. :D )

And one last question, are you certain that they aren't going to pull a Dallas on you? (How's that for an old folks, pre internet world reference. :twisted: ). Everyone will wake up, and Ulthuan will be in the shower, same as always.....

Ahem. Now, on to the real purpose of this thread, which is talking stories! :) I was going to write something speculative about the Nagarathi, but in light of what I read here, I think this is more important:

THE CASE AGAINST THE PRINCE OF SPIRES

Spires did it. Somehow. Oh he might not have actually flipped the switch on the Vortex (though I'm not saying that he didn't!), but he is culpable. I am certain of it.

Let's look at some of the facts. Who stands to gain the most from the dissolution of Ulthuan? Well, Malekith of course. But, who else? Lets think about this.

Isn't it curious that the Prince of Spires was building an alternative Tower of Hoeth some time ago, recruiting and cultivating mages in the colonies, just to have an 'alternative'. And the Prince of Spires leveraged his advantages in ithilmar and a near monopoly on Black Spice trade to get appointed a Loremaster at Hoeth. For what purpose? I feel pretty certain that when Aicanor does and inventory check on her new white ark, she is going to find that certain archives and collections have gone missing. Mysteriously. And I bet they will turn up in the Blue Tower of Spires!

Turning to the bestiary problem, as those Caledonians are trying to save their dragons and hatcheries.... Isn't it funny that a certain colonial prince now sits atop the largest remaining producer of dragons in the known world - the dragon isles. A now near new monopoly. Again.

And spires went pretty far to make sure that his city was both independent militarily and economically. Investing in dragon ships, creating his own magical academy, finding a source of ithilmar, etc. Its almost as if he had an inside source at Games Workshop feeding him information in advance, so that he could get ready! :shock:

Sure Malekith is doing the happy dance now. But Spires.... I'm telling you, the Shadow Warriors long suspected Spires of being in cahoots with the Dark Elves. Working on something together. Shadow Prince Spite was even investigating it, when he tragically died under mysterious circumstances.

I'm just saying something doesn't smell right in Denmark (errr Netherlands!) on this. And, I think, the Empire in Exile needs to look into it. Maybe hold a war crimes tribunal. You may not have the military might any more to force the issue (spires cackles). But you could try him in absentia at the very least.

Just saying that the City of Spires looks to be sitting pretty well militarily, financially, culturally. And the plans were in place some time ago.

Funny how the Prince of Spires, otherwise known as the City of Cats, always lands on his feet! :-k

headshot

PS @rod. No. No. I'm just passing through. I'll be gone and out of everyone's hair soon enough!
Red Geist

#10 Post by Red Geist »

The End Times oddly coincides with me starting over on a new project. I posted the general jist of it above.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#11 Post by Prince of Spires »

@Headshot: wasn't that what you said last time as well? Those Nagarathi just keep dragging you back here...

As for the other questions, Ulthuan.net just remains unchanged. We'll preserve the memory of the beautiful nation that once was. Educating those doe eyed kids about what was loved and lost. We'll also see about inventing submarines to get all the stuff that sank off the ocean floor...

I do see a decent chance of GW just pretending the whole thing never happened when 9th edition comes around. Keep The End Times as a separate add on (it gives twice the number of books you could sell after all). I'm not too worried just yet.
Headshot wrote: THE CASE AGAINST THE PRINCE OF SPIRES
All circumstantial evidence.

Just because Spires was prepared and had dreams of glory doesn't mean he betrayed the Ever Empire. He just sees an opportunity and he takes it. But he won't deal with DE, which is one of the reasons he's breaking off from the Elves in Exile. We're not following someone who tried to murder us for the past 6000 years, just because he sank our island.

You Nagarathi are just too mistrusting and have a too big aversion of anything new. You're stuck in your caves in Nagarythe to notice the changing world out there.

In the end you need to ask yourself, why sink an island when you can trade with it and sell it everything they need? And, with the shrine of Asuryan sunk, Spires' dreams of one day becoming Phoenix King sank with it.

Of course, the City of Spires does have a chance now of emerging as a world power. He needs to convince some of the fleeing elves and the other colonies to join him and then he can become the dominant power in the east.

You did provide me with a few new insights into Spires' mind (even if you're wrong of course). So thanks for that. The fluff I had in my head needs a bit of reworking. Not completely certain of the direction it is heading. So there is a bit of a delay there.

Also, thanks for the laugh you gave me. :)

Rod

Check out my plog

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Red Geist

#12 Post by Red Geist »

Prince of Spires wrote:@Headshot: wasn't that what you said last time as well? Those Nagarathi just keep dragging you back here...

As for the other questions, Ulthuan.net just remains unchanged. We'll preserve the memory of the beautiful nation that once was. Educating those doe eyed kids about what was loved and lost. We'll also see about inventing submarines to get all the stuff that sank off the ocean floor...

I do see a decent chance of GW just pretending the whole thing never happened when 9th edition comes around. Keep The End Times as a separate add on (it gives twice the number of books you could sell after all). I'm not too worried just yet.
What about the possible construction of an Imladris? Creating a bastion across the plains of Bretonnia, or in the mountains, or in Athel Loren? There are many empty ports where last elven ships can dock, and the construction of new ones made. I can imagine this is the opportunity for a fresh start for an otherwise dying race. Maybe this will be the coming of a new age for the elves. One of strength, built upon the bones of a human empire, made to rival all the powers of darkness in the world.
Headshot

#13 Post by Headshot »

@Spires

Nice try. But you are not fooling anyone! :evil:
Spires wrote:why sink an island when you can trade with it and sell it everything they need?
In a word - monopolies. In another two words - greed and revenge!!

Oh yes, Spires loves to trade. He loves to win and he loves to control outcomes as well! And now he has a series of monopolies on the most critical of elements to Asur life with which to trade with the diaspora: ithilmar and dragons.

Yes, whats going to happen when all the fleeing Asur suddenly realize that they no longer have a steady access to ithilmar? As far as I know neither the Druchii or Asrai use it; it was uniquely Asur. And according to Ailana, it was considered integral to their way of life (however much Tim disagreed with her! Her view seemed to be widespread.). And now, when the Asur want new ithilmar - which is rarer than snow at noon in the lustria swamps! - they will need to come to Spires. To barter away what little they have!

And dragons! Now you control the only known dragon birthing grounds. That not only gives you a massive economic advantage but a military one. You had to fear Caledor before, now no longer! You control the majority of the remaining Asur dragons.

So why do it? Why destroy Ulthuan? Because you see an alternative future for the Asur. A new Ever Empire, one reborn in the East (under new management...that happens to be looking back at you in the mirror!). The City of Spires is to be the Byzantium to Ulthuan's Rome! A more perfect union made by your will! Gone is the petty conflicts of the Conclave and their antiquated notions of nobility. The precepts and traditions that kept you down. Now, you can claim a new phoenix throne. A new vision. And a new world....

Two thousand years of resentment for the loss of your home and titles, finally paid back. What your mother was forced to become in Eataine...paid back.

And the Nagarathi that had threatened you....gone. I almost have to hand it to you. It was the one sure way to defeat them. Take away Nagarythe. *shakes head* And now, with the Sword gone there will be no more Shadow Princes.... =D>

:wink:

BTW, I am no Nagarathi. Just a feeble chronicler. I was barely able to keep up with that lot! (More like the camp's waterboy). Man, you should have seen the faces Palin'Tanith used to make in camp when I was asked to do the most basic of things. Like climb a tree. He said that the men of Kalifornya must be the most pathetic creature. (And he was right!) Sigh.

@Red

I wouldn't be too quick to leap to talking about resurgence and renaissance just yet. We just received refugee status! And that isn't something that we can - or should - gloss over!

Its hard to begin to number the ways that this should effect the Asur. But just off the top of my head, it means that now the Druchii are the de facto military superpower of the elven world (and maybe the entire warhammer world??). If all the might of Ulthuan could just fight them to a standstill, now that we have been diminished by the loss of life, treasure, resources and land, we can no longer even hope to compete on the world stage with Malek'Kith's legions! The Asur once patrolled the seas to keep the shipping lanes free. Now, no longer. Even if we join up with the Wood Elves, they were always a regional, defensive power, not a global player. So does that mean the Dark Elves - a society based on slavery, ritual sacrifice, torture and terror - will be the legacy of the elves in the Warhammer world???

Also, I hope that there is reflection on what a union between the Asur refugees and the Asrai will be like. Not just hugs and shouts of 'brothers all'. We have two very distinctive cultures coming into place, and (at least as a Chronicler!) I am more excited by the tensions and conflicts that such a union may create. Even something as seemingly benign as introducing ithilmar to the wood elves could have far reaching consequences. (As any first year anthro student can relate the tale of how metal destabalized and transformed traditional cultures in Australia when it was first introduced).

I think the Asur will have to come to terms with being diminished. Somehow. That their power is now more localized and limited. They will have to play the defense game even harder now. And curiously enough, I wonder if that will be reflected in a new game book? The Asur played the 'hoplite elves' before - shield walls and mass archery. But that was assuming that they had the numbers to form the wall. Now with so many dead at the bottom of the sea, perhaps they should adapt a more 'death aversive' form of asymmetrical warfare (like the woodelves)? They don't have the massive conscripts of the Levy to call upon anymore to make those shield walls after all.

Hmmmm....

Still, all that being said Red, I salute your attitude! I think that is just the kind of thinking that will carry the Asur into a new tomorrow!! :D

headshot
Red Geist

#14 Post by Red Geist »

I do not believe that the Dark Elves are in such a better position than the Asur. All of Naggaroth was lost in the sacking by Khorne. Even more was lost in the last months of the civil war that took place in End Times 3. There is no more slave economy, and unlike the Asur, they lack trade partners as well as far flung outposts. Do not be so quick to hold them above anyone else. The King is one so beleaguered by hatred, grief, and physical pain as to be unaligned. He is the ruler of all elves, and embodies the traits of each. I do believe that the elf tribes will work together as one new power, or not at all.
Headshot

#15 Post by Headshot »

@Red

Interesting! Still, I'll stand by my earlier assessment. Being sacked by an invading army is not the same as having your entire continent sink to the bottom of the ocean! The former is much easier for a population to bounce back from! And I think that unless the fellows at GW are just going to write 'finis; Chaos conquers all' at the end of this campaign, that the dark elves will be the preeminent elven power afterwards.

As to the slavery issue. Hmmm I find that hard to believe that a slave economy built over five thousand years just 'stops'. There may be a disruption of services but cultural norms are quite powerful things. If there is ever a new status quo, I'm sure the Dark Elves will go back to slave raiding. (Cause thats what they do!) :wink:

As far as everyone coming together - strange bedfellows in front of a common enemy - I see it as temporary at best. And then highly unlikely.

Still if the fellows at GW say it happens, then it happens! :D

(And I won't grumble about the storytelling chops. Not at all. Well maybe only a little :wink: )

headshot
Larose
Chronicler

#16 Post by Larose »

Headshot wrote:@Spires

So why do it? Why destroy Ulthuan? Because you see an alternative future for the Asur. A new Ever Empire, one reborn in the East (under new management...that happens to be looking back at you in the mirror!). The City of Spires is to be the Byzantium to Ulthuan's Rome! A more perfect union made by your will! Gone is the petty conflicts of the Conclave and their antiquated notions of nobility. The precepts and traditions that kept you down. Now, you can claim a new phoenix throne. A new vision. And a new world..
=D> =D> the conspiracy theory is no longer a theory ! :lol:

I have lost track of all the updates as well, and the guys I used to play with are still on the 7th edition I believe... or a slow transition to 8th. But regardless my story has become legend in this new end times fluff... or perhaps the villains in keeping a visionary prince of Tiranoc from uniting the Asur and Druchii with a dark power... which could have avoided this situation . Or provided a united front :?
If I do write anything else it will be in the past, the times of old... at least until I catch up with all the crazy changes .
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#17 Post by Makiwara »

The Prince of Spires had best hope that headshot doesn't share his theory too widely; I can see agents of the Eternity King being very interested in talking to Nagarythe's chronicler and a certain Prince in the very near future. And we all know what druchii 'talks' involve!
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Red Geist

#18 Post by Red Geist »

Vali Loecson wrote:The Prince of Spires had best hope that headshot doesn't share his theory too widely; I can see agents of the Eternity King being very interested in talking to Nagarythe's chronicler and a certain Prince in the very near future. And we all know what druchii 'talks' involve!
I might be behind, or unaware of in-house lore, but what exactly is this Prince of Spires?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#19 Post by Prince of Spires »

Red Geist wrote:
Vali Loecson wrote:The Prince of Spires had best hope that headshot doesn't share his theory too widely; I can see agents of the Eternity King being very interested in talking to Nagarythe's chronicler and a certain Prince in the very near future. And we all know what druchii 'talks' involve!
I might be behind, or unaware of in-house lore, but what exactly is this Prince of Spires?
What? You mean to say you have never heard of the Prince of Spires? (it's a who by the way, not a what...). He is the greatest and most well known of all colonial lords. Ruler of the east, Protector of the Dragon isles, Sovereign of the city of Spires and servant of the Ever Empire.

In effect, the Prince of Spires is the ruler of my High Elf army. He first appeared in 2012 and has slowly developed over the past years. The Prince of Spires rules the City of Spires, which you can find of a map of the warhammer world, to the north west of the kingdom of Ind, as well as the Dragon Isles, which are located nearby, and which are the only known breading ground for dragons outside of Caledor.

Spires is not actually a true prince in the traditional sense. He was given the title of Sovereign Prince by Bel-Hathor together when he got the grant to found the city of Spires. From there he became an ambitious merchant prince and colonial lord.

Over the past years, the Nagarathi Headshot reports on have had a few run-ins with the Prince of Spires. They are opposites which is why they have a bit of friction here and there. The Nagarathi are traditional, honest, straight-lined and no-nonsense. They represent the old Ulthuan. Spires is more pragmatic and inventive. He grabs opportunities and values personal ambition. He stands for the new Ulthuan and looks to the future and not the past.

So, come join the colonies. You're more then welcome to carve out a kingdom of your own under the guidance, support and rule of Spires.

(hm, sorry for writing too much. As Spires' official chronicler, I get carried away a bit sometimes)

@Headshot: I'm not denying Spires is set to benefit immensely from Ulthuans demise. But it does not mean that he also is responsible. Malekith acted without help from Spires (instead he had help from Teclis and a bunch of Caledorians, traiters all of them). But now that the Ever Empire is no more and the Asur are living together with the Druchii in Athel Loren, old allegiances no longer count. And Spires is certainly not going to serve under a king who tried to murder Spires' people, destroy his country and steal the dragon eggs from the Isles (you really do get quite attached to the buggers, once they hatch) for the past 6000 years.

Not going to happen. Which means there is only 1 other alternative left, and that is independence. And if that happens to create one of the dominant powers in the east at the same time, then that's just called seeing an opportunity and taking it.

Btw, fluff is still in progress. It will appear somewhere in the near future. So far, I've seen plotting and planning, war-councils, planning-meetings and sub-committees. There might even be some drinking of tea at some point...
Headshot wrote: BTW, I am no Nagarathi. Just a feeble chronicler.
I know. I get my you meaning headshot and you meaning those bloody Nagarathi mixed up here and there. I'll try to keep the distinction better. The middle part of that post was aimed at that rabble you chronicle for. And not you directly.

Could you pass on a message to the host that Spires could use a bunch of scouts and an expedition strike force? Now that their swamp has sunk, leaving them nothing to defend and their king has ended up being the very person they have hated and fought against for the past few thousand years, perhaps it's time to consider moving to a more tropical beach. Spires pays very well. And the benefits...

Rod

Check out my plog

Malossar
Something Cool

#20 Post by Malossar »

Malossar's position is most likely precarious. In fact I'm sure Headshot knows better than I whether Malossar even survived until the End Times. It's likely but Mal seems to dance to the chronicler's puppet strings more than any other ;)

Imrik leading Caledor along with Malekith is an interesting turn. If the Shadow Prince were still living I know where Mal would follow without question. But with the Shadow Prince having fallen prior to the final days of Ulthuan I'm just not sure haha.

Maybe we need a bit of a retcon for having the Shadow Prince alive in the End Times! Ulthuan needs its darkest hero to survive her darkest days.
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Makiwara
Chronicler

#21 Post by Makiwara »

@Spires. In breaking news from Athel Loren; Shadowblade has disappeared and efforts to find him have failed. General consencous is that he is prosecuting business on behalf of the Eternity King. We will be covering this story as more details, or rather bodies, surface.

:lol:
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Headshot

#22 Post by Headshot »

@Cal

Retcon?? What??!! NO!!! :shock:

Retconning is for the weak and feeble-minded!! I ain't gonna do it!! I've known since I first started with the host (what some five years ago now... :shock: :shock: ) how, when, where and why Spite dies, and there is no way that I am changing that just because GW blew up the planet! Pshaw!! ](*,)

Besides, as Rod pointed out the Nagarathi are a bit change averse. They don't abandon their oaths just because the sky is falling. If Spite were still around - with all this teaming up with Malek'Kith - he would either have an aneurysm, or go on a killing spree! ( And do we really want a scene of the Shadow Prince crushing the Everqueen's skull while shedding big manly tears (ala Rutger Hauer) ???? No. Better to leave that crazy bastard dead and buried.)

And whats with all this 'dancing on the chronicler's strings'? (Is this about the hugs?) Grrrr. Mal is doing fine in Ortis.... Grumble.

:wink:

@Rod

Sorry Rod. I don't know whats happening with the clans at this point. Partly because all that I know of the End Times is what you lot tell me here. :) And partly because Tim doesn't pm me anymore. The last I heard was following Spite's death and his appointment as Shadow Prince. So what the Rathi are up to now...your guess is as good as mine.

(I wouldn't believe that Gav fellow however. What he knows of the Nagarathi could be put in a thimble. A very small thimble! One that has been poured out. :evil: )

Though I will have to say that the final chapter in Spite's tales does dovetail nicely with all this end of the world stuff. Hmmm. Sadly though I won't be able to get around to scribing it for a year or two from now (I've got a research book I really need to get to after the holidays. And after that I think I might return to Ortis, or another world of my invention...with less British interference :D ). However if you want the inside scoop on Spires part in that story for the purposes of fluff-building now, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to spill the beans. (All scripted before this end times stuff, but still I think you can work with it).

@Vali

Contingency plans are in place!! If anything happens to me my lawyer and three unnamed sources have instructions to forward my findings both to Marienburg and the Hague!

@Red

Spires is a no-good, dirty, conniving, sneaky, son-of-a.....with a fetish for cats. :-s

headshot
Loremaster Avarael

#23 Post by Loremaster Avarael »

I think my fluff will reflect the huge battles and changes that have swept the elven peoples. Some of my heroes will die defending their people or fall to the Song of Khaine. As the forces of Tyrion and Malekith withdraw from Yvresse to leave the Kingdom of Mists to it's fate I'm sure Asrai and Druchii both became lost and are in need of succor. Desperate times call for drastic measures and any who stand against the Dark Four are welcome in Tor Koruali.
Red Geist

#24 Post by Red Geist »

Prince of Spires wrote:
Red Geist wrote:
What? You mean to say you have never heard of the Prince of Spires? (it's a who by the way, not a what...). He is the greatest and most well known of all colonial lords. Ruler of the east, Protector of the Dragon isles, Sovereign of the city of Spires and servant of the Ever Empire.

In effect, the Prince of Spires is the ruler of my High Elf army. He first appeared in 2012 and has slowly developed over the past years. The Prince of Spires rules the City of Spires, which you can find of a map of the warhammer world, to the north west of the kingdom of Ind, as well as the Dragon Isles, which are located nearby, and which are the only known breading ground for dragons outside of Caledor.

Spires is not actually a true prince in the traditional sense. He was given the title of Sovereign Prince by Bel-Hathor together when he got the grant to found the city of Spires. From there he became an ambitious merchant prince and colonial lord.

So, come join the colonies. You're more then welcome to carve out a kingdom of your own under the guidance, support and rule of Spires.
I would like to see to the protection of the unguarded Bretonnia. Though the Prince of Spires' offer is most generous. We of the Great Guilds of Lothern will attempt to curry favor in human lands. Keep the peasants safe, maybe take over an abandoned castle of two, keep the Druchii on their toes. Should you need us, we will aid with what we can.
Makiwara
Chronicler

#25 Post by Makiwara »

Headshot wrote:
@Vali

Contingency plans are in place!! If anything happens to me my lawyer and three unnamed sources have instructions to forward my findings both to Marienburg and the Hague!

headshot
I have been authorised to say that Shadowblade has been recalled, I mean found. He was availing himself of some hot springs in Fyr Darric. The whole matter has been handed over to a council of Loremasters for review.

:^o
Headshot wrote:
Duct tape counts!!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#26 Post by Aicanor »

I read through the book. Now what can I say about it? Maybe you are also sometimes thinking about what would happen if everything went wrong in the story. This is it. :lol:
Headshot

#27 Post by Headshot »

@aicanor

sorry. you lost me. :?

headshot
Aicanor
Rainbows

#28 Post by Aicanor »

@ Headshot, sorry. I am at loss for words. Maybe I should call it 'narrative nightmare'. The End Times: Khaine book, I mean.
Headshot

#29 Post by Headshot »

Oops. Than that is my fault. I didn't even know there were some 'end times' books! I thought it was a campaign, like storm of chaos or something. :)

I take it things don't go well.

headshot
Aicanor
Rainbows

#30 Post by Aicanor »

They didn't risk a campaign to determine outcome this time. It is preset. :twisted: Even "many of the surviving high elves" in the book itself commited suicide rather than live with it.