Rally the banners! Yvresse stands resolute!

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Oberon

Rally the banners! Yvresse stands resolute!

#1 Post by Oberon »

I've recently started paying attention to a couple of threads here. They belong to Yvresse generals and it has encouraged me to post here. I want to know who else here hails from Tor Yvresse. If you do, what is the story behind your army, where do they come from, what is their chief city and how do they tie into the noble hierarchy of Yvresse? I'd like to build some intersecting histories based on our epic imagination. I know at least code13 is a good author! And Tiralya has done a great work with southern Yvresse.
[b]True to the End.[/b]
[color=#80BF40]Prince Oberon, Hand of Tor Yvresse, Lord Admiral, Lord of Tor Lir[/color]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Rally the banners! Yvresse stands resolute!

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I represent!
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Code13

#3 Post by Code13 »

Damn right!

Yvresse bears the brunt of the invasions of Ulthuan, and that makes its people hard and resolute. None of these pampered Etaine or pompous Caledorians.
Oberon

#4 Post by Oberon »

I agree about those Caledorians, but we had been relatively untouched since the sundering until the assault of Grom. Cothique, Chrace and the Shadowlands have all born the brunt of past invasions.
[b]True to the End.[/b]
[color=#80BF40]Prince Oberon, Hand of Tor Yvresse, Lord Admiral, Lord of Tor Lir[/color]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#5 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Grom was devastating, our already small population shrank even further...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Oberon

#6 Post by Oberon »

No doubt!
[b]True to the End.[/b]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#7 Post by Elithmar »

Code13 wrote:None of these pampered Etaine or
Hey! :x

;)
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Sturen

#8 Post by Sturen »

Prince Saltheus of Yvresse, reporting for duty!

I'll admit I picked Yvresse as a blank slate, because I knew it had no specific regional units, but I've become more attached to its background with time.

What would we say Yvresse's "signature" unit would be?
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Code13

#9 Post by Code13 »

Spearmen, surely.
Sturen

#10 Post by Sturen »

Spearmen of course, but I'm wondering if we have Yvresse mist rangers... not in game but within the background.

Code13

#11 Post by Code13 »

They'd definitely have a good supply of ships companies (Sea Guard like) I would think, but I can also think they would have something very similar to the Shadow Warriors and Reavers who patrolled the shores in guard of invasion fleets.
Oberon

#12 Post by Oberon »

Agreed; I would say they're regional unique unit would be similar to a Shadow Warrior. The recent invasions would have certainly created many orphans. In my own fluff, this is the leads to the creation of orphan units who operate in clandestine and commando roles because they no longer have a family. The Avengers? :) The Forlorn Hope? Twilight Rangers? Twilight Watchmen?

If it were a real unit in-game, maybe skirmishers/scouts, 2 attacks each, stubborn, unbreakable against greenskins, immune to psych; 5+ save...

Tiralya also has a great unit that represents Paladins of Mathlann on the field. I could see this as well because of Yvresse's deep connection to the sea and mists of the Annulli and Islands.

Agreed about Seaguard/Spears; rank upon rank of steadfast units.

@Sturen

Any personal fluff to add to the histories of the great library of Tor Yvresse? After the invasion, much was lost in the burning library! Time to fill it again. Saltheus has been transcribed.
[b]True to the End.[/b]
Sturen

#13 Post by Sturen »

Saltheus as a young prince was sent, as his rite of passage as a silver helm, to Lustria. There he earned a reputation as reckless. While he was away on that voyage, Grom invaded. The expedition was called back as quickly as possible. However their return was too late, he returned to find his home burned and ravaged, and his father died dead. He was chosen over his brother to ascend to princehood (the high elves love politicking even at times such as these), which lead to some resentment between them. Since then Saltheus has been vengeful to say the least, and his reckless nature has become even more dangerous.

That's the basics anyway.

Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#14 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Hullo.
Oberon

#15 Post by Oberon »

@Bob

I'm assuming you are one of the grim few. Any more to add to your salutation?
[b]True to the End.[/b]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#16 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Check out the 'Where does you army come from' thread in the warhammer section, more Yvressii princes and mates might be found.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#17 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

My character was Thoronthol, Grand Master of the Armis Kormalin Academy in Yvresse. Descended from a line of Princes that dates back to the age of Aenarion, yet no longer Princes.

(Also I used to be Bob of Yvresse.)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#18 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Bob of Yvresse, I've read some of your posts in the old Alliance of Wisdom and Arts area. Inspiring.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#19 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Tiralya wrote:Bob of Yvresse, I've read some of your posts in the old Alliance of Wisdom and Arts area. Inspiring.
Hm?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#20 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

My love of the fluff has seen me dig through the archives ^_^
Oberon

#21 Post by Oberon »

@Bob

Is the Kormalin Academy in Tor Yvresse?
[b]True to the End.[/b]
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#22 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

No, its south of Tor Yvresse. I also had the concept of a Yvressan order of 'Gryphon Lancers'; namely elite Yvressan warriors mounted atop Gryphons (I pseudo claim pre-Swordmaster Eltharion was a Gryphon Lancer).
Tiralya wrote:My love of the fluff has seen me dig through the archives ^_^
I don't remember much from back then, do I have much posted there?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#23 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

You represented Yvresse pretty hard, in the Alliance of Wisdom and Arts, in the campaigns, and normal Warhammer forum as well as in the role playing section.
In the Brainstorming - The armies of Yvresse you mentioned work you'd done on Yvresse with other members. You tell of this Armis Kormalin, but not a lot of details come out. If any of your old work still exists care to share?
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#24 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Oh! Okay, I'm afraid I lost most of those notes on a hard drive failure a while back, so what remains is in mah noggin. At least some of that probably relates to the Provincial lists we were knocking about back then. If you look at the old Citizen Levy's the first half a dozen or so have some of the released ones. I'll see if I can dig up the unreleased Yvressan ones.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#25 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It was years ago, I was being pretty hopeful ^_^
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#26 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

From memory; there were the standard levy with a minor bonus. Then there were more professional levy soldiers, skirmishers and the other standard fare. The Griffon Lancers had an integrated profile rather than monstrous mounts, I think.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#27 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I have a fluffy Prince on a Griffon...
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#28 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

You're more than welcome to use any of it if you so desire. :)
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#29 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

BOOM! My bsb is part of the Mage-Knight guild and Prince Elessehta is part of the legendary Yveresii Griffon Lancers!
Code13

#30 Post by Code13 »

Have a more filled in map...