Tales from way back when

Here you can discuss High Elf culture in all its aspects, be it their society, language, arts or philosophies. The results of your discussions will eventually be used to enlarge the amount of general information about the High elves on this site.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Tales from way back when

#1 Post by Luna Guardian »

Back in the glory days when our forum was filled to the brim with members from all factions, there used to be a ton of expertly written stuff, probably most notably by Si'anelle. I was wondering if any of that survived, and if it did if it could be stickied and circulated so that it wouldn't be lost. If it's lost to time, then that's a major bummer.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Tales from way back when

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Hi Luna, your fluff was always good, the story section is still there I believe, and of course this culture area.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#3 Post by Luna Guardian »

Thank you for your kind, if entirely untrue, words :D . On my best day though I wouldn't even come close to Si'anelle's writings about the Great War. After all these years (13?) I still remember a lot about what she wrote, and that is my headcanon for the Great War events on Ulthuan.
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

There is indeed a lot still here on the forum in the HE Culture sub forum. But the oldest thread here is from 2008. So probably not what you're after. So, I offer you the solution you're looking for, which is here: http://talismancy.com/Ulthuan/map.html

What you seek is in there.

At least, I hope, cause if it's not then I don't know where it is...

As a side note, the url belongs to Ricold, who was kind enough to rescue the old library. And since he had to host it somewhere, this was the best location he could think of.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#5 Post by Luna Guardian »

Prince of Spires wrote:There is indeed a lot still here on the forum in the HE Culture sub forum. But the oldest thread here is from 2008. So probably not what you're after. So, I offer you the solution you're looking for, which is here: http://talismancy.com/Ulthuan/map.html

What you seek is in there.

At least, I hope, cause if it's not then I don't know where it is...

As a side note, the url belongs to Ricold, who was kind enough to rescue the old library. And since he had to host it somewhere, this was the best location he could think of.

Rod
That is precisely it, thanks Rod! Off to copy/paste the Great War Against Chaos (great job Cal, if you ever read this) and Tales of Si'anelle (may her spirit rest in peace)

EDIT: Good god there are a lot of names there that bring back memories!

Farren Elandor

#6 Post by Farren Elandor »

I came here late, when i was younger I always wanted to play HE but I stuck to Bretonnia, never really used fourms outside of imageboards. But darn! This place sounded awesome! I really want to do the deep dive into the archives now to get a glimpse of what was lost :'(