Regiment of Renown: Mordrek's Night Clubbers

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Regiment of Renown: Mordrek's Night Clubbers

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Mordrek's Night Clubbers

The Story of the Night Clubbers

The goat-legged Chaos Dwarf champion Mordrek Wightsbane had long been known for his demented antics. Nomads in the Chaos Wastes still speak of how he fifty years ago knocked the twain-headed Ogre Manrok unconscious, only to bind him fast to stakes driven into the ground, and have his men shovel eight anthills filled with furious Skinripper ants over the waking Ogre. Other fireside tales revolve around the crazed Chaos Dwarf's deadly take on puns.

One such saga revolves around Mordrek interrogating a Human captive while roasting him over coals. The tortured screams revealed that the Manling had been the owner of a den of ill repute in a northerly Empire town, which Mordrek's interpreter managed to translate to a 'night club' in the Chaos Dwarf tongue. Upon hearing this, a red gleam appeared in Mordrek's eyes, and ever since has he led his mirthful band of Chaos Dwarfs on nightly raids, all equipped with maces and clubs to make the pun work.

Armaments - Clubs, maces and morning stars, and other blunt weapons bedecked with spikes.

Dress - A chaotic assortment of armour, hides and strange garb.

Shields - A wild mix, often bearing a lying crescent as an emblem.

Battlecry - "We're going out night clubbing!"

Leader - Mordrek Wightsbane, a Dwarf mutant gifted with goat legs and an insane intellect by the Dark Gods of Chaos.

Deeds - Bludgeoning the Giant Galk to death with sadistic relish after a Whirlwind pushed by a Boar Centaur had crushed its legs and laid the Giant flat on the ground. Smashing a wagonful of Halflings to a bloody pulp, only to then collect the remains, smear them out on a large plate and fry a large fleshy pancake out of them.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Regiment of Renown: Mordrek's Night Clubbers

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

This is awesome! Love Regiments of Renown and love the drawing!

=D>

Any chance of seeing these bad boys in the flesh (or metal, resin etc)? Some rules?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

They really should be wielding guitars and microphone stands as weapons. ;)
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Karak Norn Clansman

#4 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

@SpellArcher: Thank you kindly! Not impossible over the long run. I might sculpt some. As to rules, yes, I might write something up, but I'm also terrible with rules, so balance might be off, or special rules might become bloated. We'll see. :)

@Prince of Spires: Haha, right on!