Oathmark 28mm Plastic Elves

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Farren Elandor

Oathmark 28mm Plastic Elves

#1 Post by Farren Elandor »

Northstar and Frostgrave's team are releasing a fantasy series called Oathmark. Currently on Northstar they're selling Dwarves and Goblins yet it's been leaked that they're going to release Elves!

If you've played Frostgrave or have seen the sprues you'll have a general idea of what these models will look like. Personally I'm excited since now we can finally have updated models for elves! Totally going to use these with some of my old bits to make a 9th age army with more modern higher-quality models!

I'm excited!
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Oathmark 28mm Plastic Elves

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Kind of a realistic look. Detail appears solid.
Farren Elandor

#3 Post by Farren Elandor »

SpellArcher wrote:Kind of a realistic look. Detail appears solid.
Yeah, now that you mention it they kinda have sparse difference between Celtic/Arthurian men-at-arms once you remove the head. I really want to see a middle ground between Mantic Games' elves and these, or simply newer official Asur models from GW.
Karak Norn Clansman

#4 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

Good models, especially if one was to add a few extra ornamental details such as gems. I like the style.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#5 Post by Luna Guardian »

I actually quite like the realistic approach, but the chainmail and open faced helmet seem a little out of place IMHO. I would personally prefer the kind of helmets from the Skycutter, they're streamlined enough to be distinctly elvish but not so ridiculously tall as to be...well, ridiculous :D

Glad to see that there are going to be alternatives though, we're sorely needing those :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians