Hello to all

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Tyrion2018

Hello to all

#1 Post by Tyrion2018 »

Hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum as your latest member. Im more commonly known as Ghengiskickbuttalot however for some reason that name has already been taken on this forum.

I play 8th edition Fantasy and have many armies, my first and favourite army of all being High Elves.

I organise and run 8th Ed events in the UK and also run a league and player rankings for this gaming system.

Look forward to fun times ahead!

Best wishes for 2018
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Hello to all

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Welcome Mark!

:)

Good to have you on board.
RE.Lee

#3 Post by RE.Lee »

Hello there! 8th ed for life - glad to see the UK still doing things the proper way ;) Have a great stay!
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#4 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

RE.Lee wrote:Hello there! 8th ed for life - glad to see the UK still doing things the proper way ;) Have a great stay!
You misspelled 3rd.

But, yes have a great stay. It's not what it used to be, but it's still a nice board.
elendor_f

#5 Post by elendor_f »

I am also pretty new here but welcome from the resident 6th edition player! :D
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/
Tyrion2018

#6 Post by Tyrion2018 »

elendor_f wrote:I am also pretty new here but welcome from the resident 6th edition player! :D

6th Edition - I still have books for that in the attic. I quite enjoyed 6th.

Are there many people still playing 6th?
Tyrion2018

#7 Post by Tyrion2018 »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
elendor_f

#8 Post by elendor_f »

Tyrion2018 wrote:
elendor_f wrote:I am also pretty new here but welcome from the resident 6th edition player! :D
6th Edition - I still have books for that in the attic. I quite enjoyed 6th.

Are there many people still playing 6th?
In the UK I am not sure, in FB there is a Middlehammer (4th to 7th and 8th editions) group and a specific group for 6th where several British people dwell. Mostly I see posts from 5th and 6th edition games, some 8ed game pops up once in a while.

In Spain (the case I know) there is a community in Barcelona with about 50 people, and in Madrid some people are playing, about 20 that I know of.
In Barcelona there is currently a map campaign going on with 10 players, and tournaments with 12 participants (limited by the tables available in the shop) roughly every 2 months, and a big one with 24 participants in October organized by a local club.
The main reason for this love of 6ed is that the first edition that was released in Spain was 4th, and 6ed was the peak of popularity, so most nostalgic people return to 6th.
To avoid keeping models in the closet there is an adaptation to 6ed of units from 7ed and 8ed (if a unit had appeared already in 6th, it's kept the same). It is not clear whether all adaptations are balanced (not enough games to playtest everything) but so far nobody has raised serious complaints.
"The general has this to say about ensuring against defeat when outnumbered, out–weaponed and outpositioned. It is... Don't Have a Battle."
"Sounds like a clever man," said Jenkins.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo!

Avatar: https://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/