Warhammer Total War 2

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Luna Guardian
Pendragon

Warhammer Total War 2

#1 Post by Luna Guardian »

So the map was revealed, and right off the bat I have several "WTF" reactions:
1) Why is half of Eataine, including Lothern by the looks of it, under the control of the Cult of Excess? I mean I understand the gameplay reasons (Tyrion needs to have someone to fight, since it would be unfair to slap around the dragon boys to the west), but having such a large and important swathe of land controlled by Slaaneshi cultits seems very...off.
2) Where is the Dragon Gate?
3) What are DWARVES doing in Lustria?
4) How soon will you all reclaim the old Elven Empire and usher forth a golden age under the benevolent rulership of the Asur?
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Warhammer Total War 2

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I kind of like it. Or at least get exited by the prospect of the game.

Some thoughts.
1. The cult of excess is a very Ulthuan thing originally. With strong ties to the courts of ulthuan. So, you could use that as an excuse for why it's there. And more likely there's gameplay reasons. Though, look on the positive side. Given their location, they aren't likely to last long.

2. Dragon gate? Who needs gates? No idea. It could of course be hidden underneath the "Lothern" flag. Or they just felt the dragon boys didn't need one, given their aerial transportation methods.

3. A better question is, what is the order of the loremasters doing in Lustria? Seems a bit out of place to me.

4. Take a couple of turns. 3 or maybe 4... ;)

Looking forward to the game. I'd love to give the colonial HE factions a try. They look fairly challenging starting position wise and should be fun.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.