Lake Town Houses

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

RE.Lee

Lake Town Houses

#1 Post by RE.Lee »

Great kit, no wonder it sold out already. Really shows there's a big demand for fairly generic terrain pieces. Hope its back soon, I'd like to get some for my campaign. What do you think?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... e-is-here/
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Lake Town Houses

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I do like that one. It's nice to see them put out something that isn't over the top.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

But there's not skulls on it!

I like it. As far as I can see it's in stock (at least in the Netherlands and the UK), both the single house and the 3 house multi-pack. I think it's a good addition for a terrain collection. Nothing over the top but beautifully made and very characterful. It might be a bit on the small side for WH, since LoTR models tend to be slightly smaller. I must say I'm tempted to get it. Especially for a Mordheim game it will be a great addition to a battlefield (even though no models fit inside). First I have to finish my Secret Santa for this year (last year actually) and then I think I can convince myself that I need more terrain :)

I do think they should put out more terrain pieces like this.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
RE.Lee

#4 Post by RE.Lee »

Are Hobbit models actually smaller or just not heroic scale?

I have a lot of bits from the Fortified Manor set so I'd probable pimp it out a bit, to make it more in line with what I have. I also have a lot of skulls :D

Good to see its becoming available again! Its back in the Poland store as well :D
cheers, Lee

Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#5 Post by Prince of Spires »

Originally, I think it was just being real scale instead of heroic scale. But with the size creep in more recent models the size difference has become bigger. Just put the old SM next to the new ones to see the effect. LoTR models have not changed in size (and in many cases I actually prefer the LoTR model scale to the current WH scale).

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#6 Post by SpellArcher »

I have a few LOTR models for my army and they are even smaller than my 80's Warhammer figures. Plus they are more realistically proportioned, which stands out.
RE.Lee

#7 Post by RE.Lee »

Do you know how the terrain compares? I was thinking about ruins of Osgiliath in the past, but was worried about scale. These houses are so tempting, though!
cheers, Lee

Chracian

#8 Post by Chracian »

Ruins of osgiliath is a lovely set. I've just measured the loremaster against it and he just fits through the big arch, but that includes his big sword. Archers sit nicely on the top and look OK. I'd definitely get it, looking forward to the lake town houses as well.
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
— Terry Pratchett