Which name for pan-elve website and FB account? poll #1

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Which orientation should the future name of the pan-elf site have?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Tactics-oriented
23%
Models-oriented
18%
Politics-oriented
5%
Anything-Elf-oriented
32%
Specific game-oriented
23%

Total votes: 22

Calisson

Which name for pan-elve website and FB account? poll #1

#1 Post by Calisson »

Follwing the discussions in the thread Merging a bit more with Druchii and Asrai?, we have 37 proposals for the name to be given to both a common website resulting from merging Ulthuan, Druchii and Asrai, and the associated FaceBook account.

Rather than making a single poll with 37 entries, I will do two polls, on the 3 sites:
First poll to determine if we want a future pan-elf site to be more tactics-oriented, models-oriented, Elf politics-oriented, anything-Elf-oriented or specific game-oriented.
Hereafter are examples of names.
Tactics-oriented: elfwargames.net, elves_on_the_table.net, elfbattles.net, elvenstrategy.net, wargameselves.net,
Models-oriented: ElfMiniatures.net, pointy-ears.net, pointyears.net, swordandbow.net, bowandsword.net, spearandbow.net, spearandshield.net, bowandspear.net, swordandsorcery.net, Swordsorcery.net,
Politics-oriented: elvennations.net, elvennation.net, elfnation.net, elfkin.net, elfrealm.net, elveskingdom.net, elvendom.net, elflords.net, threekindreds.net, 3elvendoms.net, lastcoast.net
Anything-Elf-oriented: elvesforum.net, elves-online.net, elvescompendium.net, fantasyelves.net, alltheelventhings, allthingselven.net, eternalelves.net, elves.net
Specific game-oriented: Children-of-Ulthuan.net, Ulthuan.net, Aelves.net

After one week, I intend to set up a follow-up poll to determine, within the leading orientation chosen, which specific name the community wishes.

If you are a member of more than one site, you can vote more than once!
Polls on other sites: here and there
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: Which name for pan-elve website and FB account? poll #1

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

It should be noted there is no agreement to merge Ulthuan.net with other sites.

Suggestions are being considered and may be accepted or rejected.

SA
Calisson

#3 Post by Calisson »

SpellArcher wrote:It should be noted there is no agreement to merge Ulthuan.net with other sites.

Suggestions are being considered and may be accepted or rejected.

SA
Totally concur.
The reason for including Ulthuan in the poll nevertheless was that the intention is to make the future house of the Elves as acceptable as possible for Ulthuan members.
Making the new house without consulting potential inhabitants would not have been the best start, IMHO.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#4 Post by SpellArcher »

Calisson wrote:the future house of the Elves

I recognise this project is going ahead Calisson and I wish it well. It seems there are three possibilities:

1) The new site exists alongside Ulthuan.net.
2) The new site incorporates Ulthuan.net.
3) It is homed here, with substantial changes to reflect all elves equally.

Members may not be fully familiar (I recommend reading it before voting) with this discussion, which you have also linked above:

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69923
Calisson

#5 Post by Calisson »

It seems that the preferences go more towards:
- Tactics-oriented
- Models-oriented
- Anything-Elf-oriented

Can I have a couple more votes (or people may change their initial vote, too) in order to get a clearer majority (and not too many names to chose from)?
Vote until Friday.