Display freebie kit of monopose Elf Archers of Ancient Times

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Karak Norn Clansman

Display freebie kit of monopose Elf Archers of Ancient Times

#1 Post by Karak Norn Clansman »

I am searching for a good painter (and Elf collector?) which would be willing to help me out with displaying the below bowman kit:

It is an Elf archer sculpt, to be master-cast cloned and enter production as a monopose kit. The kit/deal containing the lowest amount of archers will have 3-5 in it. (Sculpting thread.​)

Now, my problem here is that I on the one hand am a slow painter when it comes to detailed Elf and Dwarf miniatures, and on the other hand am busying myself with other sculpting projects and a little tournament preparations. I would very much like to showcase a fully painted kit of 3-5 monopose Elf Archers of Ancient Times upon releasing the miniatures, because that's the professional thing to do. Well-painted display figures sell kits better than bare metal or resin/plastic grey. But it'd be too much waiting time if I was to paint it myself, and painting is way down my priority list in any case. And expenses will already be high for this investment, so actually commissioning someone to paint for cash would be out of the question.

So, do you fancy yourself a good painter? Want a handful of Elves for your collection for free? Won't be shy of finishing 3-5 detailed miniatures to a good standard (as good as you can make it, likely) in a matter of weeks? Can stand to not convert the freebies and not to put them on anything else than 20mm square bases? (No gorgeously sculpted/cast bases please.) Can provide me with a load of decent pictures of your finished Elf archers against a white/neutral background?

Colour scheme as such won't truly matter, and neither will it matter if you wish to use these archers for Highborn Elves, Dread Elves or Sylvan Elves. So long as the painting is good all is fine.

If you wish to apply for this freebie, please share some pictures of your better paintjobs here, preferrably on Elves if possible, but other races are welcome as well. Only one can get picked (which one might be down to random chance, or living in the UK thus being closer to the caster), and that one will of course get due credit as the painter of the display sample. I am not impatient, yet would like to have pictures of your completed Elf archer paintjobs not too many weeks after the painter received his package.

Please note that it will take at least a couple of months before the sculpt has gone through various moulds and the very first production casts turn up. I want to stay well ahead of the curve to have everything planned out. The plan is to have the caster send this premier casting to the volunteer painter right away while the rest of the first batch is cast up. Also note that because of this, I cannot guarantee that any 20mm bases will be included in the freebie, so the painter might have to provide them himself.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Display freebie kit of monopose Elf Archers of Ancient T

#2 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I'd be interested. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm decent enough to paint some nice looking minis. I need to do a better job of taking pictures, but when I arrive home in a couple weeks a new phototent is waiting. That should take care of my issues.

Myth

Re: Display freebie kit of monopose Elf Archers of Ancient T

#3 Post by Myth »

WOW, that is one heck of a good archer dude! :shock:
I would gladly want to have some, so if you will sell those or have some funding campaign, please let me know.

I'm not professional painter, neither consider myself an expert, but I can do some decent painting and I'm an elf collector :D .
I'll upload some of my work tonight, hope you will like it.

Edit:
here is some of my work, I can send more if needed.