Alarielle and Sylvaneth

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Alarielle and Sylvaneth

#1 Post by Aicanor »

Looks like there will be elves this year after all. After the two in Silver Tower here we have art for Alarielle, elves with boughs growing out from their backs (these might have trouble closing doors behind them - provided they get through them first), and good old Alarielle revisited:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/797
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/796
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

Re: Alarielle and Sylvaneth

#2 Post by Ferny »

What were the first two in the Silver Tower? I clocked the mage which could be elven, what was the other?

Regarding these - the Alarielle model doesn't look anything special (or poor) - just a generic female mage from what I can see. Beetles are cool though ;).

However, the classic WE hero with two handed spear-sword emerging Alien gut-burster style from the tree is a cool option for dryads/tree spirits, and a classic interpretation of them which has never been available from GW range before. I'm interested to see more. (Also, reminds me of the super cool dragon conversion coming out of a tree...).
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Aicanor
Rainbows

#3 Post by Aicanor »

The second one in Silver Tower box is Tenebrael Shard, witch-elfy (or Wych_elfy?) looking assassin. You can look for a 3D pic on GW site now (the 'more pics' icon is a bit hidden in the page, but it is there).
The mage Mistwalker Saih is a she-elf. Or self, whatever. :)
I quite liked the mage mini, but after seeing it in 3D I am not so sure. Also not sure about Alarielle, not my style for sure. I agree the dryad elves are an interesting concept.
Ielthan

#4 Post by Ielthan »

They're straight rip offs of Confrontation's Daikinee elves. They had the whole elf beetle combo theme, including artwork of elves riding beetles, unfortunately the company went bust before they could get the model out. However the half/elf dryads are clearly Scarab Warriors, they even have similar weapons. Have seen the beetle type warriors in other pics, clearly ripping off the mandigorn warrior. It's totally pathetic, and hypocritical. They make this giant fuss over IP, destroy a giant amount of fluff and a game system, and replace it with generic, poorly named, ripped off ideas. I hope whoever owns the confrontation ip sues the crap out of them the cheap hacks.
Doctor

#5 Post by Doctor »

There's a new Alarielle miniature, or are you referring to the drawing?
Ielthan

#6 Post by Ielthan »

Was referring to the artwork and pics of models seen from warhammer fest of the other elf stuff, I haven't seen any pics of the new alarielle mini yet.
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#7 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Aicanor wrote:The second one in Silver Tower box is Tenebrael Shard, witch-elfy (or Wych_elfy?) looking assassin. You can look for a 3D pic on GW site now (the 'more pics' icon is a bit hidden in the page, but it is there).
The mage Mistwalker Saih is a she-elf. Or self, whatever. :)
I quite liked the mage mini, but after seeing it in 3D I am not so sure. Also not sure about Alarielle, not my style for sure. I agree the dryad elves are an interesting concept.
Just went and looked at the pictures. If I was looking for conversion fodder for an elder army then I'd see a lot of potential. As a warhammer mini not much.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ielthan wrote:They're straight rip offs of Confrontation's Daikinee elves. They had the whole elf beetle combo theme, including artwork of elves riding beetles, unfortunately the company went bust before they could get the model out. However the half/elf dryads are clearly Scarab Warriors, they even have similar weapons. Have seen the beetle type warriors in other pics, clearly ripping off the mandigorn warrior. It's totally pathetic, and hypocritical. They make this giant fuss over IP, destroy a giant amount of fluff and a game system, and replace it with generic, poorly named, ripped off ideas. I hope whoever owns the confrontation ip sues the crap out of them the cheap hacks.
So they are shamelessly copying never released miniatures? I don't really buy it. In my view there are a lot of miniatures out there and only so many ideas. Models are bound to start looking like other models if you look far enough. The designers surely got their inspiration from somewhere. But elves with wings, elves coming from trees and beetles aren't exactly new ideas.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.