Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

SpellArcher
Green Istari

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

#1 Post by SpellArcher »

So coming soon, I picked this link because some of the pictures are interesting:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/05/ ... tower.html
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

Re: Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower

#2 Post by Prince of Spires »

I loved Heroquest as a kid. I think my parents still have the original lying around somewhere. Nice to see it getting some new life (perhaps). Let's see what they come up with.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#3 Post by SpellArcher »

I'm convinced the Pink Horror was inspired by this dude:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ey-kingley

:)

When you see the model you'll know what I mean.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#4 Post by Aicanor »

Here are pics of the heroes: https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/776
If you browse that site, there is a lot more on this release (unboxing, even sprue pictures).

The first mini (Mistweaver Saih) is noteworthy, because it is said to be an Aaaaaelf. There is also one (male?) Witch Elf...
RE.Lee

#5 Post by RE.Lee »

I was considering buying it, but come to think of it I only really like the Tzeentch wizard model and Minotaur. The heroes are all pretty mediocre (hate the new slayers...). The game itself I doubt will hold its own compared to whats available on the market these days, stuff like Descent.

Maybe its just that GW has completely lost the ability to generate hype in me...
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#6 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I still love warhammer quest. So I'll probably just stick with warhammer quest. More so since I have no interest in this new setting.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#7 Post by SpellArcher »

I'm just wondering if there's a way to get Kingsley the Pink Horror without buying the game.

:)

RE.Lee

#8 Post by RE.Lee »

I'm pretty sure people will be splitting up the game and selling individual miniatures on ebay the minute its released ;)
cheers, Lee

Elven Field Surgeon, Department of Intensive Care, Resuscitation and Necromancy
Peepster1976

#9 Post by Peepster1976 »

Think it a good move, board games/dungeon crawler games, like that are pretty popular.
Decent has good sales and reviews if I'm not mistaken. Mantis has a game just like this. Kickstarter has one in the end of 2016(sword&sorcery).... so there is a good amount of choice.
So now u can play in the GW world....So not for me.

Played the Mantic dungeon saga, and I really liked that, is the more classic version of the dungeon crawler. ..... and i really liked heroquest, still have a complete set. not a fan of the new GW mini's in this game....some are OK, the most are too much AoS .

Grtzz

From Florence.....it's raining here
The kickstarter link
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... escription
- The World is a Village -
My Plog : [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44351[/url]
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#10 Post by Ferny »

I played Decent once and really enjoyed it, although it might have been more than a little bit the crowd I was gaming with that night. But I've been itching to play it again since.

I was surprised how much I generally liked these models. The elf sorceror in particular could be a thing with a simple staff swap. Arguably fits HBE least, but it could work in say a Shadow Warrior/Grey Watcher bunker where you've got more space from the skirmishers.
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#11 Post by SpellArcher »

Ferny wrote:I was surprised how much I generally liked these models.
The Tzaangor look really great to me. Though I might find them too big in the flesh.
Knight of the Raven

#12 Post by Knight of the Raven »

I'm so used to seeing only white skin on humans, elves and dwarves in the Warhammer world that I'm actually surprised the excelsior warpriest is black. This is a pleasant surprise, mind you. :)

I'm getting space marine levels of overdose from the stormcast eternals though, which I guess is more than fitting. :lol:
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#13 Post by Ferny »

Knight of the Raven wrote:I'm so used to seeing only white skin on humans, elves and dwarves in the Warhammer world that I'm actually surprised the excelsior warpriest is black. This is a pleasant surprise, mind you. :)
Yeah, I thought the same - it looks really good in black, but it's a surprise to see, and it's sad that it is surprising. More generally, I've seen a few catachans painted black and that's about it...

Knight of the Raven

#14 Post by Knight of the Raven »

I'm certain I saw a black marauder model from GW themselves or one of their painters somewhere... and I have the vaguest memory that one of the three main marauder tribes of the Old World was dark-skinned.

At least GW were smarter than Shyamalan in The Last Airbender, where the good guys were pure aryan stock and all the bad guys non-white. :lol:
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#15 Post by Ferny »

I've not seen it, but I gather it was particularly noticeable given that it was expressly not like that in the original medium, so it had been actively changed to fit that model :roll:

Knight of the Raven

#16 Post by Knight of the Raven »

I read Shyamalan believed his casting choice was the very opposite of racist too. :lol:

But I've derailed this thread enough.

Am I the only one who liked the old metal horrors better? These were creepy and disturbing, those in Silver Tower just look comical in my eyes.
Doctor

#17 Post by Doctor »

I think the lack of black people in WFB was logical - all the human armies were from regions where you wouldn't normally expect to see them.