7th Ed PDF

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Ferny
9th Age Moderator

7th Ed PDF

#1 Post by Ferny »

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this is something I can ask - if not mods please delete - but I was wondering whether anyone has a PDF of the 7th ed book you could share? I tried google but my fu let me down.

I'm playing 9th mostly now, but was comparing some stuff across to 8th and I have memories of 7th but I've moved house twice twice in as many editions and I can't find my hard copy to compare how the army book is changing.

By the same measure if anyone has electronic access to other earlier iterations I'd be interested to see those, though I admit that these would be expanding my horizons beyond what I'd ever played with HE.

Thanks folks,

Ferny :)
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
John Rainbow

Re: 7th Ed PDF

#2 Post by John Rainbow »

I'm pretty sure this is against forum rules. My legal recommendation would be eBay. Old WFB stuff is going cheap right now!
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#3 Post by Prince of Spires »

I have no idea if it is against forum rules. Probably is. Let me check.

If you're interested in a hard copy 7th ed. then I have an extra one lying around which is in the "to be sold when I have time" pile. So if you're interested in that one I'm sure we can work something out :)

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#4 Post by Ricold »

There is nothing wrong with asking. If someone were to email you the result, we could prove nothing. However the posting of rules is both against rule 3, not to mention illegal, and from bitter experience GW does not take it lightly.

I encourage people to not post answers into pm either, as that causes issues (we then have something illegal on the server which is not obvious).
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Doctor

#5 Post by Doctor »

Would posting a google query string be also against the rules?

Not that I have one ready, just wondering :)
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#6 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I think he's probably already been provided with what he was asking for. And maybe a bunch of other HE related stuff as well.
Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#7 Post by Ricold »

Doctor wrote:Would posting a google query string be also against the rules?
... I have no idea. I'm torn between knowledge of how much Google changes and fear that GW may not care.

Shannar: I like comments like that.
Ricold, Not site owner any more, largely absent. PM me if you want me. PM Prince of Spires if you need the head Loremaster.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#8 Post by Prince of Spires »

Ricold wrote:
Doctor wrote:Would posting a google query string be also against the rules?
... I have no idea. I'm torn between knowledge of how much Google changes and fear that GW may not care.
It's an interesting legal question. And on to which legal experts don't have an answer either. It's actually under debate at the European court of justice at the moment (see Europe’s top court mulls legality of hyperlinks to copyrighted content). So, until they rule there is no answer to that question.

Complicating matters here would be that the question is for a link to material which is clearly violating copyright. I guess intent would play a role as well.

The problem in the whole discussion is of course that there is a difference between being right and actually getting that right. If we were to receive a cease and desist letter from GW we would simply comply, no matter how legal a post in question would be. Simple reason is that they are a big corporation with lawyers on their payroll and we're a small website run by volunteers with no budget. The world is not fair perhaps, but that's the way it works. Same goes for our hosting party probably. I think the general policy for many hosting providers is to simply comply to request to take down sites instead of going to court.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#9 Post by Ferny »

Is it still a no-no even if the item in question is OOP and no longer for sale outside of the re-sale market? I'd know better than to ask for the current book, should such a thing even still exist (for me the current book is now here: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/pdf/the-ni ... 0-11-0.pdf)

Anyway, thank you to the forum host/mods for humouring me. It's always been a very supportive community and I'm no longer looking for the book.

Ricold
Wise Old Dwarf

#10 Post by Ricold »

Ferny wrote:Is it still a no-no even if the item in question is OOP and no longer for sale outside of the re-sale market?
Depressingly yes. For this reason I had to go and obtain a copy of Windows 3.1, because despite being over 20 years old and severely deprecated, Microsoft still won't release it as freeware, and still occasionally provide sites that host it cease and desist letters.

Until the copyright expires on it (another 100+ years), or GW expressly release it to the public domain, then we cannot copy it.
Doctor

#11 Post by Doctor »

I actually tried to find the 6th edition book (someone here wrote that the graphics were different in that edition). I've seen the 8th (I'll buy that one probably), 4th, 7th one, I have the 5th but no luck with 6th. Well.
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#12 Post by Ferny »

I expect you'll soon come across 6 Doctor...