New Dua... Dwarf Fyreslayers

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

New Dua... Dwarf Fyreslayers

#1 Post by Aicanor »

New releases:
Fyreslayers Hearthguard (5 miniatures) - 33€ 25£ 40$
Slayers with shorter beards with what looks like shooting weapons, greataxes or some sort of flail halberd.

Fyreslayer Vulkite Berserkers (10 miniatures) - 45€ 35£ 60$
Slayers with dual axes, or a bladed shield coupled with an axe or pickaxe.

Fyreslayer Auric Runemaster (1 model) 23€ 18£ 30$
This is not the one we saw on the sprue, that one carries some sort of brazero staff and he... he... he has no mustache!
Pics to be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/mexork/photos_ ... e_internal

I say dwarfs should never go naked. :lol: I expected Elves (Ae...) to return into the game with Slaanesh in tow, but these... #-o :oops: :lol:

And some more info:
via Archibald_TK on Warseer
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... ost7587548

A few more nuggets of info from the WD:
- Fyreslayers are born from the fight between Grimnir and Vulcatrix.
- Fyreslayers believe that in Ur-Gold resides the essence of Grimnir, their shattered God.
- Ur-Gold is magical. There is a funny rule when you play a Runemaster where your opponent chooses one of his units as carrying some gold, and thanks to it said unit can reroll all 1 to wound. But better not let the Runemaster get close enough and realize you are carrying the gold or the Fyreslayers will go all chop chop on you.
- When they insert Ur-Gold runes in their flesh, their God's energy starts flowing through their vein. This lead to things like being surrounded by flames, striking harder, more resilient skin (I suppose that's why they have 5+ save).

This is how each of their chapters is organized:
- Chapter mast.. no wait what am I saying? I mean Auric Runefather.
- Below that is the Auric Runemaster (the one in the WD)
- Auric Runesmiters
- Grimwrath Berzerkers
- Auric Runesons
- Hearthguard Berzerkers and Auric Hearthguard (the ones in the WD)
- Battlesmiths
- Vulkite Berzerkers (the ones in the WD)

PS- They're not actually called Chapters as you already guessed, but I don't know how to translate the real name in English.

Sorry but there are quite frankly too many things in the WD for me to read everything.

The huge salamander looking monster are 100% new models and are featured heavily in the next WD. They're not simple cavalry, they're large monsters in the same category as a Carnosaur.

Thought they are not actually slayers at all, they have their traditional look. Normal flesh, orange hair (but they show other models with dark hairs). Flames only appear on a few specific items. One recurring item they carry is the key. In fact one of the weapons carried by a lizard rider looks like what would happen if you were to turn a Keyblade into a halberd.

PS-
Thought I constantly called them salamanders, I have actually no idea what the big monsters will be called. If it's in the WD I've yet to read it.

They all are helmeted. Usually the part at the top of the helmet where the hairs "burst out" is shaped like a dragon head. Between the helmet and how much they are naked they kind of give a small "300" vibe.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

Re: New Dua... Dwarf Fyreslayers

#2 Post by SpellArcher »

Thanks for this Aicanor.

I find the pictures interesting but I seriously doubt I'll ever buy the models.
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#3 Post by Galharen »

Oh you poor Gotrek, look what happened to your kin... :( :lol: :lol:
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#4 Post by Prince of Spires »

Wait, we now have dwarves riding lizardmen monsters? I probably missed something along the way...

I'm not a big fan of the models. They feel a bit old in a way. They lack the detail / finesse of more recent models and are a bit bulky (though I realize they are dwarfs and are prone to bulkiness). And the mounted models (bad idea anyway) look like the riders were placed on top by someone of my skill level (which is not very high. Not a compliment this). Simply stick a static model on top which looks as if it was developed completely separately from the mount. There is little flow between the rider and mount, which makes it look unnatural in a way.

Of course, they could be better when seen in person. For a modelling company, GW is surprisingly bad at painting their models decently and taking nice photographs of them. But at the moment my feeling is 'GW, you can do better then this.'

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#5 Post by Aicanor »

I kind of like the ones looking like a death metal band (those with flame throwers). They eould make a fun diorama.
John Rainbow

#6 Post by John Rainbow »

A little part of me died inside when I saw the one with only the neck-beard and no moustache :(

... and dwarfs riding giant lizards? I'm glad Grimnir is dead and didn't live to see this!
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#7 Post by Galharen »

Now I'm really scared how GW is going to release Elv...Ae...how high elves are called now? #-o
BTW, is it a new race? or just an update to old dwarves?
Davariel
Chronicler

#8 Post by Davariel »

They're among the more interesting models released for AoS so far, but... yikes, those are some really awkward poses. Feels to me like after the amount of cutting and greenstuffing it would take to make them look good they wouldn't be worth buying.

Of course I've never liked GW dwarfs anyway so what do I know... :wink:
John Rainbow

#9 Post by John Rainbow »

Davariel wrote:They're among the more interesting models released for AoS so far, but... yikes, those are some really awkward poses. Feels to me like after the amount of cutting and greenstuffing it would take to make them look good they wouldn't be worth buying.
I thought the same. They seem really simple in terms of posing and options. I hope to be proven wrong with this but I am really unimpressed.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#10 Post by Aicanor »

Some more (and better) pics to be found here: http://imgur.com/a/as5gv
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#11 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Aicanor wrote:Some more (and better) pics to be found here: http://imgur.com/a/as5gv
They kind of remind me of a box of plastic 5e Black Orcs
Aicanor
Rainbows

#12 Post by Aicanor »

So the first batch is up on GW site. Am I mistaken, or does this Auric Runemaster wear... the Cloak of Beards? :shock:
Giladis
The Merlord

#13 Post by Giladis »

Nope those are some kind of scales like on the helmet.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#14 Post by Aicanor »

He has something similar at the ends of his braids as well. It doesn't look like scales to me. Perhaps some kind of ur-beard. :D
Duranthalis

#15 Post by Duranthalis »

I apologize in advance for this, as once you see it, it can't be unseen ...

In the picture of the Hearthguard Berzerkers? The one in the foremost position? Look at the legs. Look at the feet and the angle they're at. Is it just me, or does he look like he's got an overfull bladder?
PLOG here!
High Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 12/150/1
Wood Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 18/2/43
Space Orks, done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.
WH40K Imperials (BT/SoB/SW), done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.

Prepare for a surprise attack!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#16 Post by Aicanor »

New pictures can be found here - http://thedeathjungle.blogspot.co.at/20 ... f-103.html. You will find one happy rune-family there with Magmadroth lizards. Plus Runeson (is it?) gets a bonus if the player can throw suitably impressive insult at a chosen enemy unit. So no, it is not only legacy armies that get these rules.

EDIT: It is also hinted at a connection to Chaos Dwarves.

Duranthalis wrote:I apologize in advance for this, as once you see it, it can't be unseen ...
In the picture of the Hearthguard Berzerkers? The one in the foremost position? Look at the legs. Look at the feet and the angle they're at. Is it just me, or does he look like he's got an overfull bladder?
Not quite sure in which picture. The close up? :lol:
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#17 Post by Galharen »

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#18 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Nothing here to draw me back into GW stuff.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#19 Post by Prince of Spires »

The monster, and especially the legs, reminds me a bit off 1980's transformer robots. But it's not a bad monster. The guy on top, I'm not a fan. Not of the model and not of the idea.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Doctor

#20 Post by Doctor »

Slayer-like dwarfs riding monsters, I can't say I like it. Shame that GW decided to kill Warhammer Fantasy.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#21 Post by Aicanor »

I am not a fan of 'segmented' look of almost everything since Nagash... But at least it doesn't stand on its tail. Acceptable (and better without the rider, I agree).