Whom do you serve? The End Times: Khaine (SPOILER ALERT)

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

D-4QP

Whom do you serve? The End Times: Khaine (SPOILER ALERT)

#1 Post by D-4QP »

***For those of who who have not read The End Times: Khaine, or haven't heard the good/bad news from another source, this post contains SPOILERS. It is recommend that you immediately avert your eyes and postpone reading this post until you have read Khaine. You have been warned...***

After scrolling through the Druchii forum, I discovered a post where our Dark Elf cousins were talking about where their loyalties fell in regards to the recent conflict between Tyrion and Malekith.

As you are likely all aware, Asuryan had apparently always intended for Malekith to be the Phoenix King, but our extra-crispy king had thrown himself out of the flames too quickly. As a result, Asuryan had to throw a series of tests at him (The Sundering, The Civil War, etc.) to make sure that he was worthy. Tyrion, unwilling to accept Malekith as king, and feeling betrayed by Alarielle and Teclis for having sided with Malekith, drew the Widowmaker and lead a host of like-minded High Elves and Khainite Dark Elves against Malekith.

As was expected, the Dark Elves were divided in their loyalties.

And now, I present the same question to you. Will you side with the Eternity King Malekith, the son of Aenarion and the ruler of all Elves by divine right? Or will you serve the Avatar of Khaine, Tyrion, the bearer of the Widowmaker and one of the greatest warriors in the history of the Asur?

Or, instead, will you chose to believe that the events from The End Times: Khaine never happened? :wink:

My fellow Asur, whom do you serve?
Truthiness

Re: Whom do you serve? The End Times: Khaine (SPOILER ALERT)

#2 Post by Truthiness »

I'm going to with option C) The Everqueen. Yeah, that tentatively puts me on Malekith's side, but I'm still hoping for a nice gruesome death for Mally.
[url=http://warhammertruthiness.blogspot.com/]You Can't Handle the Truthiness[/url]:
The demented ramblings of a US Army officer
T.D.

#3 Post by T.D. »

I'm going neutral :mrgreen:

When the smoke clears, overthrow the battle-weakened victor :twisted:
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#4 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Malekith all the way.

For the king Eternal..

In all seriousness, everyone saying they'd never side with Malekith are clearly in the Khainite Tyrion boat, remembering that you really only have 2 options of choice whereas chaos is the other, or you vs the world.

I guess I've always kinda been pro-Maley, from his Time of Legend stories, and from the first Phoenix King Debate on here. I've always thought he could redeem himself and that he would be the best leader for the elves of Ulthuan (didn't know at the time that included all elves).
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
RogueSun

#5 Post by RogueSun »

I follow the Crown Prince Imrik. If he believes it is the best course of action for the survival of the Elves to follow Malekith the cursed son, then so be it. For the glory of Ulthuan and the pride of Caledor!
Aicanor
Rainbows

#6 Post by Aicanor »

Hoeth.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#7 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

None. Never did, never will.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#8 Post by Domine Nox »

None of the above. I have spent up until this past week as a huge fan and supporter of Tyrion and the Everqueen, but this latest book has me appalled at both of their choices. So I guess I'll go with Teclis, who hopefully has a plan up his sleeve still since I refuse to live in a world where Malekith is a 'good guy.' I can think of countless characters that have done less to hurt the elven people, Archaon among them, than Malekith.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
IgnobleElf

#9 Post by IgnobleElf »

None of the above. I have no problem with shaking up the status quo/advancing the storylines, as the end times is doing. I wish the narrative had been truer to the back stories of the High and Dark Elves. A previous entry in the end times alluded to "the Dragon resisting", I was hoping this referred to something like Malekith's final invasion of Ulthuan, with Caledor the last bastion of defense. I wouldn't even care who wins really, but at least it would have been more consistent with the established background of the factions. I could still be a proud high elf general. As it stands, I look at my little plastic high elves in my curio cabinet, and I hate them for being traitors. I then realize that my life is pathetic, cry, and go drink liquor.
-Brian McMillen
Chicago, IL USA
Cetis

#10 Post by Cetis »

Under 8 Ed Asur all the way. When 9 Ed comes, if they in fact joined the elves, I still go with the elves. End of times I side with the Eternity King, but in my army will be more Helves and Welves than Delves. But I'm not closing my eyes. Try to get the pick of the litter. One thing you will not see is witch elves, or the cauldron of blood or the gorgon chariot.every thing else be a possibilty.
wamphyri101

#11 Post by wamphyri101 »

None also

I'd rather tread my own path then work for anyone else
Twitter: @chumphammer
Old WFB coming to give AoS a real try for a while.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#12 Post by Prince of Spires »

You're all welcome in the colonies.

Spires has put his feet on the path towards independence. He's not becoming a treehugger following the enemy of the last 6000 years. With Ulthuan gone, so are old allegiances.

So come join Ulthuan-in-Exile and the City of Spires.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#13 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Why should we trust another prince when so many betrayed claiming it was necessary? Or that it was for a greater good? Imrik's betrayal stings more than the fact Melekith mounted yet another invasion.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#14 Post by Ferny »

All of the above, depending on list construction. Looking forward to having Caledor forces following Teclis' ineffable plan, Everqueen forces following possibly the only God who cares about elves, Malekith the PK/EK forces who are following their age-old leader (or who are following their newly appointed leader/puppet), 'neutral' Anar forces providing a non-Khainite zombie/Malekith traitor option, Khainite forces with Tyrion and 'true' high elves following their Defender and avatar of war against their hated enemy...so many options!
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Imrik Gwindorian

#15 Post by Imrik Gwindorian »

I trust in my prince, and will follow Imrik where-ever he may lead me. If that means following Malekith, then so be it.
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#16 Post by Curu Olannon »

I follow Teclis ;)
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Big Brother

#17 Post by Big Brother »

Curu Olannon wrote:I follow Teclis ;)
This is where am, but doesn't mean I like where it appears to be going.
Big Brother is Watching.

[url=http://www.ehergert.net/drop_folder/Repository/index.bsi]Big Brother's 8th Edition High Elf Battlescribe Repository[/url]
[url=http://battlescribe.net]Battlescribe[/url]
Honourblade

#18 Post by Honourblade »

My army of Highborn Guard split from the High Elves and now protect there battle brothers of Bretonnia, the Dwarfs, and the Empire, as well as a few Vampires that remained loyal to Prince Highborns Champion Jester (He is a human turned Vampire who protects Highborn). I have had 2 games already agaisnt Maliekieth's forces so I could determine my fluff, I lost 3 3rds of my army retreating from Ulthuan, and Jester won out against a Vampire army sent to pick him up and bring him to Nagash, it was 500 Points against 1500 Points.. Was so much fun, and my Escape game was 5000 Points on 3000, haha! So that is my fluff now
Makiwara
Chronicler

#19 Post by Makiwara »

The Great Enemy comes for the souls of all elvenkind, our People squander thier heritage, homes and glory in petty squabbles against each other and our Gods have made pawns of us. Neither Eternal King nor Everqueen nor petty dragon riding prince commands me.

I serve The People and their salvation.
I serve Loec.
Only in the Dreaming Woods are Mortals truly free, t'was always thus and always thus will be.
Headshot wrote:
Makiwara wrote:Smiths in Nagarythe that can repair the holiest piece of armour worn by the Shadow Prince himself... 0 apparently.
Duct tape counts!!
Cetis

#20 Post by Cetis »

I will follow Lord Teclis to Hell and Back.
Count

#21 Post by Count »

Alith Anar
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#22 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

I'll follow the will of the Council of Saphery (so probably Hoeth like Aicanor).
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Francis

#23 Post by Francis »

I am really wondering what happened to Finreir and the Tower by now, I think he played the role of Hoeth in the whole story.

Also, there really is no reason to go to Athel Loren and rub shoulder with those tree hugging Asrai and backstabbing Druchii. As has been said, the colonies are more than willing to take in anyone. There are in fact eight major cities in the south all looking to increase their populations in these troubled times :D .
Iluvatar

#24 Post by Iluvatar »

Francis wrote:Also, there really is no reason to go to Athel Loren and rub shoulder with those tree hugging Asrai and backstabbing Druchii. As has been said, the colonies are more than willing to take in anyone. There are in fact eight major cities in the south all looking to increase their populations in these troubled times :D .
And that's pretty much the reason for not going massively into these cities: they're in the south. Far from where the Chaos needs to be fought.

We, High Elves, have to defend the world against the Chaos Gods. But we can't do this alone, we need support from mortals - humans, dwarves, possibly Lizardmen - and even undead. And we must fight together, at the same time, or the Chaos will crush each faction one after the other.

Thus, we need to be where the action is - and that is currently the Old World.
And thus, we must swallow our lesser pride and accept to unite (temporarily?) with other Elves. Our greater pride of defenders of the world requires it.

:D
Francis

#25 Post by Francis »

Iluvatar wrote:
Francis wrote:
Thus, we need to be where the action is - and that is currently the Old World.
And thus, we must swallow our lesser pride and accept to unite (temporarily?) with other Elves. Our greater pride of defenders of the world requires it.
Good luck with that, and do give Mally my best. Erthror is Sailing south as fast as the Swooping Griffon can carry him :wink: .
Iluvatar

#26 Post by Iluvatar »

Bah! You have goblin blood in your veins, you do not deserve to be an Elf! :evil:
Daeron
Scotty? Laforge? Kaylee? Engy? Evil Wrench?

#27 Post by Daeron »

D-4QP wrote: As you are likely all aware, Asuryan had apparently always intended for Malekith to be the Phoenix King, but our extra-crispy king had thrown himself out of the flames too quickly. As a result, Asuryan had to throw a series of tests at him (The Sundering, The Civil War, etc.) to make sure that he was worthy. Tyrion, unwilling to accept Malekith as king, and feeling betrayed by Alarielle and Teclis for having sided with Malekith, drew the Widowmaker and lead a host of like-minded High Elves and Khainite Dark Elves against Malekith.
As I understood... Teclis originally wanted Malekith to draw the Widowmaker. Either because he assumed that Malekith could temper the Widowmaker with Asuryan's blessing or perhaps he preferred Malekith to become the Avatar of Khaine... Maybe that would have left Tyrion as the best candidate for Asuryan.
But it was Tyrion who thwarted that attempt and took the Widowmaker for himself, upon which Teclis prodded Malekith through the flames of Asuryan.
According to Teclis, Malekith was indeed destined to be successor to Aenarion. He did not say Tyrion wasn't a candidate, AFAIK, or couldn't be a successor to Malekith. It was Tyrion who removed himself from that path.

Of course, I'll follow Malekith because there is little else to follow.
Oops
Spartoi

#28 Post by Spartoi »

Nah he originally wanted Tyrion to wield it alongside Malekith as King. Imrik even takes him on about how reckless that is. Doesn't really matter since he reveals at the end Tyrion has to die and stay dead. For some reason some Gods can die, Isha and Asuryan, without their mortal Avatars dying but Khaine's different because of 'plot device' I suppose.

Malekith was always Asuryan's candidate now so there was no option for Tyrion there. All the Phoenix Guard bowing to him was maybe like Asuryan's idea of a practical joke on Khaine.

Also Tyrion only draws Widowmaker because, to his knowledge, Teclis just killed Aliathra, Eldyra, Belannar and Finubar. Teclis then joins Malekith, the only explanation he gives Tyrion is; 'it was necessary', helps Malekith's army as it kills people and tries to kill Tyrion too. So yeah It's hardly 'Tyrion did it to himself absolve all others' if you ask me.

Personally I'd just have, if I must choose a side, warped Alarielle to talk to Tyrion before he draws Widowmaker instead of, ya know, trying to burn him with dragon fire and then when that fails go all 'dude, dude don't do it I care, dragon fire was total accident, totes'.
Shadeseraph

#29 Post by Shadeseraph »

The gods are liars. Their servants are but another shadow of chaos itself, and have betrayed us and our people. As such, me and my army turn our backs to our roots. We will fend chaos on our own terms. We will fight under our own conditions. We will die, if that's our fate, not because someone else decided our destiny for us, but because we decided to face it on our own accord.

Our sword won't fail in the eternal battle against chaos, no matter who wields his by our side. But no one will, ever again, use us as unwitting pawns on his own selfish schemes.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=48662]My standard gaming lists - 2500 pts.[/url]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#30 Post by Aicanor »

ALL HAIL OUR NEW KING!