Campaign of the end of times Rumors & Leaks

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Nopuiiidorl

Campaign of the end of times Rumors & Leaks

#1 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Hi there, my beloved elven kind friends.

-For what I've grasped in several forums, there will be different books coming out with this forthcoming campaign "The end of Times".

A guy in warseer states that Nagash and his Undead Legions is one of the book for this series. Short version of Nagash Undead Legions book will be 39€, available in all languages, big book only to be seen in french, german and english (not in spanish nor italian). He also claims that there will be books for Chaos, Skaven and elves.

Guess what, apparently the elves book (yes, elves) is the next in the pipeline, not to many weeks after this very first book.

As a personal statement, remember those old rumors for the book where we would see Imrik in his mighty dragon, or a special monstruous cavalry? Apparently, background goes forward: any HE leader ready to sacrifice himself for the sake of all elves?

Have a nice one.
Optimistic

Re: Campaign of the end of times Rumors (only rumors)

#2 Post by Optimistic »

I'm intrigued where you got Elves next? Supposedly it's Chaos next up in the "End Times" series, fitting nicely into those "new nurgle" rumors that came out awhile ago. After that however we're left to speculation, Warseer has claims of "End Times" Elves and Skaven books making an appearance, which we all know Nagash loves fell blades so that makes sense, but no one knows when. You'll note however that there are also rumors of new DE stuff in the works, not HE, which leaves me to believe the HE's are going to be shoehorned into some kind of alliance with the DE's, in a joint effort agaisnt the overwhelming Chaos onslaught facing them.
Nopuiiidorl

#3 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Apparently that's the point: elves joining forces to face up Chaos.

According to what I've heard, it is almost assumed HE and DE will ally (probably WE too), it is more than possible that a hero will sacrifice himself to get a cursed blade (the Sword of Khaine?), and here the rumors point to Imrik, Malekith or Tyrion.

Will DE betray this alliance (apparently the faction of the Slaaneshi?). Will we have a new elven army in the future? (daemonic elves?).

I've also read a rumor that states: "The million years old Kingdom will end, the Great Exile begins".
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#4 Post by Curu Olannon »

High Elves and Dark Elves ally? Despite how much the fluff thus far goes against this, I somehow still don`t doubt that GW is capable of this.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Giladis
The Merlord

#5 Post by Giladis »

Any still remember all the Morathi stuff from the latest DE book? After all if the daughter of the Everqeen had to die to bring back Nagash what is death of Tyrion in comparison to bringing back Aenarion :mrgreen:
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#6 Post by Galharen »

I don't believe it too.
But IF they are going to give us EVENTUALLY drakes as MC then I don't care - I could even ally with slaaneshi :wink:
Nopuiiidorl

#7 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

At this rate it seems High Elves will flee Ulthuan in Craftworlds and Warhammer 9th ed. will merge with the first ed. of 40K.

LOL
Malossar
Something Cool

#8 Post by Malossar »

I actually like the idea of the elves forming one last great alliance.
"I hate you so much but only I deserve the right to end you."
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#9 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

The question is if the End of Times series is going to overwrite the army books or is it something you can run in parallel but the core rules (rule book + army books) are not affected and one can play Warhammer as usual?

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#10 Post by Galharen »

More detailed info we are getting for sure tomorrow :)
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#11 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

You can have some review here:

http://grotorderly.blogspot.com.au/

Not all the details of course but still a little.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Trains_Get_Robbed

#12 Post by Trains_Get_Robbed »

I already stated there what I know/can say. My understanding is kind of blurred right now as I'm waiting in a question/hint to answered as to whether the books are alternate timelines or all off of Nagashs conquest.

I very highly doubt MC Riders haven't heard it from my source. However, 50% Loord didn't stopping us from taking both a Archmage and a Double Sun Dragon or Star Dragon list. :wink:
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#13 Post by Galharen »

New WD should be sooner available in AU than here in europe, so Swordmaster - go get it! :lol: 8)
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#14 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

This is what you can read in WD about the upcoming events:
For years now Warhammer army books and stories hinted at the End TImes and calamitous events to come. Now, everything that was threatened is coming to pass. In the openinc chapter of Warhammer:Nagash we glimpsed how these ripples are felt across the globe. The Ogres, all of them, are on the march, the Lizardmen scry the future for a path to victory, while Naggaroth and Ulthuan both face vast Daemonic invasion.

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

John Rainbow

#15 Post by John Rainbow »

...while Naggaroth and Ulthuan both face vast Daemonic invasion.
This bit excites me! I wonder what will be in the Elven supplement in terms of cool new stuff or models that might get released?

Anyone fancy taking bets on whether Tyrion will pull out Widowmaker, the Sword of Khaine?
Cealyne

#16 Post by Cealyne »

John Rainbow wrote:
...while Naggaroth and Ulthuan both face vast Daemonic invasion.
This bit excites me! I wonder what will be in the Elven supplement in terms of cool new stuff or models that might get released?

Anyone fancy taking bets on whether Tyrion will pull out Widowmaker, the Sword of Khaine?
Haha! I don't honestly think it's an "alliance". It states that they are both facing the threat. The DE are incredibly close to that area, and daemons love attacking the HEs.
But! If it is an alliance I would bet it's Malekith that pulls the sword. In a sorta I will rule or destroys home not you. Or a last final act I redemption to save the Asur and the Naggorothi like his father before him. But that's my guess.
"So do all who see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time we are given!"
Duranthalis

#17 Post by Duranthalis »

Warhammer: Nagash- This set contains 2 books presented in a slip case. Book 1 is a 296 page narrative book detailing the cataclysmic events that are affecting every race in the Warhammer world and the return of Nagash as he attempts to unify the undead, stem the tide of Chaos, and turn the world into a realm of the dead. It also contains a summary of how the End Times are affecting every Warhammer race, a description of events surrounding the return of Nagash including Mannfred von Carstein and Arkhan the Black’s journey and ritual to resurrect their master.

Book 2 is 96 pages containing new rules that change every game of Warhammer from now on including: Armies of the End Times- new ways of selecting your army (50% Lords), new Lore of Undeath- a new lore of magic available to every caster and wizard in the Warhammer world allowing them to summon hordes of undead to the battle field, and rules for fighting underground and on haunted battlefields. 19 new scenarios giving the ability to re-fight all the key battles within the book. It also contains all information and rules for Nagash, key characters from the story, and other upcoming new miniatures!
Sounds fun!
PLOG here!
High Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 12/150/1
Wood Elf, done/in progress/unassembled: 18/2/43
Space Orks, done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.
WH40K Imperials (BT/SoB/SW), done/in progress/unassembled: Oi.

Prepare for a surprise attack!
Giladis
The Merlord

#18 Post by Giladis »

The Spanish blog has photos.

tozudosadieces.blogspot

Those stats are insane. I can only imagine those are combined profiles of the riders and the mounts.
Giladis
The Merlord

#19 Post by Giladis »

And Eltharion is dead :?
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#20 Post by Galharen »

Giladis wrote:And Eltharion is dead :?
Am I missing something?

Well I don't know spanish, so can't say anything about the rules and spells, but those stats - WTF?? :shock: :shock:
Curu Olannon
Vindicated Strategist

#21 Post by Curu Olannon »

Eltharion dead by the hands of Arkhan. In the blog.
Retired from Warhammer. Playing Warmachine & Hordes (Cygnar).

Follow me on Courage of Caspia, my blog.

Warhammer blogs from 2011-2015:

:: Path to Glory - High Elves Army Blog ::
:: Curu Olannon's Vindicators - 2500 points Army Blog (Old book, outdated) ::
Brother Dimetrius

#22 Post by Brother Dimetrius »

Malossar Dragonborne wrote:I actually like the idea of the elves forming one last great alliance.
"I hate you so much but only I deserve the right to end you."
I like this. After all, Elves are still Elves, and the major (not only) thing keeping the HE & DE apart of the centuries has been Malekith's (*spits*) insane ego.
Twitter : @BDimetrius
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#23 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Oh boy, lots of changes.

Eltharion dead, Thorek dead, Morgana dead. Karl Franz missing, Baltasar Gelt turned into necromancer. If that is just the beginning, I wonder what is going to happen next?

As to the rules, these new fliers seem to be like Nurgle flies unit in a way. My understanding from google translator (yay!) is that the army list is in the book, that it combines VC and TK and from that list, Legion of Undead, you can pick your army.

Combined stats and points of new models indeed suggest that it is one combined profile. Scary, as Neferata has ASF and 8A for example. I wonder if they are going to do so for other mounted characters, like how to combine stats for the rider and monster. It may also help out such models to survive cannon sniping as they have 6+ wounds on their profile.

Dragon Mage anyone? :)

Can't translate the spells though but I know from the WD that Nagash was able to summon 30 Ghouls or 16 Black Knights with a single spell.

50% lords allowance is definitely a turn back towards hero hammer.

Also, from warhamster at warhammer.org.uk for whatever it is worth:
I had our local store owner call his rep at GW and ask some questions about this. He was told this is a supplement for VC and Tomb Kings, just like the 40k ones, and would normally be allowed in a tournament unless banned by the organizers. I have no experience with 40k. Are 40k supplements normally allowed on the Indy tournament scene?

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

Francis

#24 Post by Francis »

Still some doubt about What Gelt actually did, but Tilea and Estalia is being kicked by the skaven atm and Athel Loren's oldest trees are splitting up as maggots crawl out....
the shalafi

#25 Post by the shalafi »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:This is what you can read in WD about the upcoming events:
For years now Warhammer army books and stories hinted at the End TImes and calamitous events to come. Now, everything that was threatened is coming to pass. In the openinc chapter of Warhammer:Nagash we glimpsed how these ripples are felt across the globe. The Ogres, all of them, are on the march, the Lizardmen scry the future for a path to victory, while Naggaroth and Ulthuan both face vast Daemonic invasion.

"the warhammer world will never be the same... Until 9th edition and nothing of this happend"
by High elves plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/high-elves-of-caledor.29197/
my Vampire Counts plog: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/what-is-dead-many-never-die-but-rises-again-shalafis-plog.29205/
Giladis
The Merlord

#26 Post by Giladis »

I am so happy at the moment. For the past week I have lived with a sort of light anxiety fearfull Undead Legion might replace Tomb Kings. To play Undead Legion one must own both Tomb King and Vampire Count book along with Warhammer: Nagash.

Oh the possibilities :mrgreen:

Finally I will be able to field a proper Barrow Kings army \:D/
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#27 Post by SpellArcher »

First the maggots and now everyone hates us!

What did the Wood Elves do to deserve this?

:lol:
RogueSun

#28 Post by RogueSun »

Just...want...Imrik...
Truthiness

#29 Post by Truthiness »

Have a closer look at those Spanish pictures of the Mortarch rules. They all ride Dread Abyssals, but the benefits are merged into their profile. Mannfred is T6 with 10 freaking wounds and has 9 attacks. Possibly a sign of things to come?
[url=http://warhammertruthiness.blogspot.com/]You Can't Handle the Truthiness[/url]:
The demented ramblings of a US Army officer
Galharen
Master of Brushes

#30 Post by Galharen »

undead legion

lets not bring GW legal on our backs :D

Giladis

source:

http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/08/u ... .html#more