Campaign of the end of times Rumors & Leaks

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

Re: Campaign of the end of times Rumors & Leaks

#691 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Quote of the day:
Only the purest of heart will escape the web of fate.
So, only Everqueen survives?

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

High Elves MSU - Observations
Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#692 Post by Prince of Spires »

aurynn wrote:Well I know that I previously doubted that we won't get any miniature release, but having few days of thinking about it - what new minis we can actually expect? All the major players already have miniatures (even though old ones).
Which is why you (being GW in this context) simply invent new major players. No-one had ever heard of Mortarchs, Maggoth lords or Morgasts before. And they still all got models. I can think of half a dozen elf or elf related models I would buy in a heartbeat if GW would have made them and released them. Without even trying.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
aurynn
Location: Looking for a lost Asur expedition somewhere in the Old World

#693 Post by aurynn »

Why do ppl consider Everqueen pure and not Teclis? She is just as "guilty" of sacrificing her daughter and standing against Tyrion and supporting Malekith as Teclis is. And if Teclis works with Lileath's blessing, how would he be not pure of heart. :-) I think a very different perspective than the standard good/evil distinction is required to really comprehend what is happening.

@Rod: True. Thats why I am still hopeful.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44814&p=804131#p804131]My personal PLOG[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45715]Lost Asur Expedition - army blog[/url]
[quote]"Well, hey, I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage."
- X-files, ep. Jose Chung's From Outer Space, Faulkner[/quote]
Count

#694 Post by Count »

Swordmaster of Hoeth wrote:Quote of the day:
For how long, until next book or forever?
Also Allarielle not so pure because she are "combat everqueen"
Iluvatar

#695 Post by Iluvatar »

Oh, I just realized...
Anyone has already played DoC in a Storm of Magic game? I have, and the Reign of Chaos table was quite brutal. Remember that you take the highest 2 dice from the winds of magic - so the chances of having a 'bad result' for DoC are significantly reduced, while the chances of a 4+ ward save, Ld test for a wizard and Daemons unit spawning are much greater.

Add to this that the fun/fluffy/balancing part of results 5-6-7-8-9 has disappeared, and that Chaos Legions don't actually need Daemons to benefit from this table, and I'm not sure I like the result...

Bah, as aurynn says, let's just wait and see! :roll:
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#696 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Why does "combat" automatically excludes pureness of heart? Everqueen is the avatar of Isha, the purest of Elven gods. Lileath guides Teclis (but not only) but that is not a sign of being pure either.

I cannot say why Everqueen decided to (or maybe she is forced to?) join Malekith. However:
The Ultimate Betrayal

The Everqueen stood silhouetted against the shoreline, her
silken robes billowing in the breeze. She was alone, after a fashion.
The maiden guard sensed their mistress' need for solitude,
and withdrawn to a respectful distance. However, Teclis knew
that at least a dozen hidden arrows were trained on his heart.
The Sisters of Avelorn took their duties seriously.

Alarielle turned at Teclis' approach. The mage bowed deeply,
but abandoned formality at her gesture.

"There is no need for such protocol between us", Allariele said softly.
"We are family, you and I - or as near as makes no difference."

"My brother was here" said Teclis. It was not a question. He already knew the answer.

"Is that all you have to say?" asked the Everqueen. "You were always cold,
but I never before realised that reserve extended to your own brother.
Do you shed no tears for what he has become?"

- Warhammer: Khaine

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?
Lord Allatheen

#697 Post by Lord Allatheen »

aurynn wrote:Why do ppl consider Everqueen pure and not Teclis? She is just as "guilty" of sacrificing her daughter and standing against Tyrion and supporting Malekith as Teclis is. And if Teclis works with Lileath's blessing, how would he be not pure of heart. :-) I think a very different perspective than the standard good/evil distinction is required to really comprehend what is happening.

@Rod: True. Thats why I am still hopeful.
What!!! She didn't sacrifice her daughter, she went to the hippy elves and asked for there help to save her and ended up inside a tree but the point is she did try. if she does stand against tyrion it will be after hes drawn the sword and is now pure evil.

Could alarielle not lead the third nation?
aurynn

#698 Post by aurynn »

Well she is not exactly mad at Teclis for sacrificing her... Cant blame her for trying to save her, but I guess that as powerful as she is she could have done more. Perhaps even the "I'll go and ask the hippies for help" stuff was part of a bigger plan as it seems that she is now leading the Asrai... :-)
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44814&p=804131#p804131]My personal PLOG[/url]
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45715]Lost Asur Expedition - army blog[/url]
[quote]"Well, hey, I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage."
Rabidnid

#699 Post by Rabidnid »

Malekith is the only pure of heart
"Luck is the residue of design"
Swordmaster of Hoeth
Southern Sentinel

#700 Post by Swordmaster of Hoeth »

Rabidnid wrote:
Malekith is the only pure of heart
:lol:

Twitter @SwordOfHoeth

Lord Soulfern

#701 Post by Lord Soulfern »

Seems like that wood elf lord is headed to the Nurgle gardens to try to rescue Isha, just a wild guess ;)
aurynn

#702 Post by aurynn »

Lord Soulfern wrote:Seems like that wood elf lord is headed to the Nurgle gardens to try to rescue Isha, just a wild guess ;)
That is a W40K fluff. Isha in WFB is perfectly fine. :-)
KelliStClaire

#703 Post by KelliStClaire »

It depends on one definition of pure heart

If Teclis can sacrifice his brother, dozens of Elves only for greater good (we know all this manipulating plan is his and Lileath to save Elves) and without any gain for himself he is ruly pure of heart.

I have a feeling that out of : Malekith,Morathi,Tyrion and Teclis, Teclis is more likely to survive.

I can see Pheonix(Eternity) King and Everqueen dead - as they represent old tradition and that is gone in end times.
Tyrion is very likely to be gone.

I wouldn't be suprised if Araloth,Alith Anar (but he is also very likely to be gone) Teclis, Imrik are only characters left, maybe Malus.
Francis

#704 Post by Francis »

aurynn wrote:
Lord Soulfern wrote:Seems like that wood elf lord is headed to the Nurgle gardens to try to rescue Isha, just a wild guess ;)
That is a W40K fluff. Isha in WFB is perfectly fine. :-)
I think she is fine now, after Glottkin. However, I do think she used to be captured by Nurgle. I base this upon the fact that Shallaya was exiting a cage when she rushed to save Taal, and on the fact that the Lady of the lake is an elven godess.

It seems to me that GW is implying that the elven and old human gods are the same, which would make Shallaya Isha and Taal Kurnous. Mathlann is Manann, Loec is Ranald, Verena is Hoeth and Morai-heg is Mors ? The last four are a bit shaky since it would mean the gods take on different genders but it might be something in it. I just can't figure out who Ulric is, but Khaine is worshipped as Khaine in the old world too.

All that aside, I think Isha used to be captured but that Araloth saved her and that She, the Lady and Ulric together saved Taal/Kurnous and defeated Nurgle. Remember that Nurgle is in an absolute horrible mood after Glottkin, it might be that not only did his armies get defeated but he lost his price test subject and favourite plaything. A day like that would make everybody a bit grumpy.
henrypmiller

#705 Post by henrypmiller »

Would make sense with each army book having a pantheon page.
John Rainbow

#706 Post by John Rainbow »

Araloth just annoys me for some reason. Maybe he'll bite the dust? I imagine not though as GW seems to like his character.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#707 Post by SpellArcher »

He should have had a better model, better rules and better fluff.

Apart from that he's great.

:)
CaledorRises

#708 Post by CaledorRises »

I think Araloth's mission is what Fateweaver was referring to. I think he's trying to rescue something from Tzeentch, not Nurgle. I'm betting Nurgle is done for the End Times. He played his hand, sent in all his armies, and he lost. Next up are Tzeentch and Slannesh. Khorne already destroyed Naggaroth.

Teclis is most certainly not pure of heart. The things this guy has done, and is willing to do. Also, he said that he would feel guilty for Aliathra's death for the rest of his life, meaning he knows that what he did is at least partially wrong.

For who might survive? Well, sounds like every High Elf and Dark Elf is going to die, because the evil of the Dark Elves and arrogance of the High Elves doesn't leave much room for pure hearts. Other than the Everqueen.

BTW, who killed Finubar? If Teclis or Malekith did it, I don't care who they are, I doubt any High Elves would follow them. Tyrion most certainly wouldn't. So who could Arkhan have gotten into the single most heavily guarded place probably in all the world? It's not easy to get past 10,000 Phoenix Guard and a bunch of White Lions.
aurynn

#709 Post by aurynn »

I would very much like to hear what is a "pure heart" in your book, Caledor. :-) Even in fairy tales, the allegedly pure-hearted do horrific and violent things. It does not matter to whom they do it. They are capable of them and thats enough. Also a perspective of one person or one deed does not apply here IMHO. And the "goodness" is always a matter of perspective. The gods are trying to save the race as a whole and really do not care about a single life or even thousands, no matter how tragic the sacrifice might seem to individuals. What needs to be done, needs to be done! From that perspective, Teclis' willingness to do the things he did and is going to do might just be the sign of purest of hearts. He plots with the mother-goddess, the consort of Asuryan himself and she is what? Evil? Even Malekith, if he can overstep his own shadow could be a brilliant and great leader to the Elves in general. On the other hand, selfish Tyrion with his vengeful motives is not one I would ever follow. He is a broken shadow of what he could have been and even his lover, one of the wisest beings in the whole world, is aware of it. We are talking "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one" thing here.
John Rainbow

#710 Post by John Rainbow »

New magic leaks:
http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com.es/2 ... times.html

via the Workshop Yila (translated by google)
Lore of Life: Storm of the Renaissance. 15+. Vortex. Any flown unit gains 2d6 + 1H.
Lore of Beasts: Murder of Crows. 15+. Vortex. Any flown model suffers an impact of F3.
Lore of Fire: Debilitating heat. 20+. Damn. All battlefield units roll a dice and discard the highest over loading, chase or flee. They also have the special rule Flammable.
Lore of Light: Lighting. 20+. Curse on the enemy and empowerment for friend. As a curse, all units of the Forces of Destruction to throw 4D6 12um check in L. For every point they fail, they suffer a wound without TSA. As empowerment, all units of the security forces to gain 12um Unbreakable special rule.
Lore of Metal: Meteoric Breastplate. 15+. Empowerment. Select a friend to 24UM or less drive. Make a save of 2+.
John Rainbow

#711 Post by John Rainbow »

Reading the linked WD excerpt page (which is difficult):

Lore of Metal spell is a ward save of 2+
Lore of Life spell is like regrowth

Arcane Fulcrums are mentioned.

Spells are known in addition to other spells the wizard knows in a lore. They also cannot be dispelled if successfully cast.
John Rainbow

#712 Post by John Rainbow »

Confirmed by second source:
http://kiwihammer.co.nz/new-end-times-m ... -revealed/
Lore of Metal

Meteoric Ironclad – Lore of Metal 15+ to cast augment target unit has a 2+ ward until start of the next magic phase.. The End Times

Lore of Light

Enlightenment – Lore of Light hex or augment unbreakable all units within 12″ order or 4D6 spirt leech v destruction units within 12″.

Lore of Fire

Lore Fire Withering Heat 20+ to cast hex all enemy units gain flammable and roll an extra dice all charge/flee etc discards highest.

Lore of Beasts

Lore of Beasts: Murder of crows 15+vortex – large template all models passes over S3 hit meh

Lore of Life

Life – storm of renewal vortex 15+ any unit moved over regains 2D6 plus 1 W’s worth of models
Ielthan

#713 Post by Ielthan »

I don't actually think the lore of light spell says no armor saves allowed, i think it's just wounds, which is a little bit meh. The lore of metal one is just ridiculous tbh, everyone who can take lore of metal is just going to have 2+ ward deathstars the whole game. With a lvl 3 even if you roll 4 1's for the winds of magic, getting a 12 on 4 dice isn't hard. I wouldn't mind this so much if you could dispel it. Points denial becomes incredibly easy.
J4far

#714 Post by J4far »

Drain magic is looking pretty good right about now...
John Rainbow

#715 Post by John Rainbow »

J4far wrote:Drain magic is looking pretty good right about now...
QFT

Don't much fancy facing a 2++ deathstar without Drain! High magic for the win! I also wonder if all the armybook lores will get end times spells?
RogueSun

#716 Post by RogueSun »

John Rainbow wrote:
J4far wrote:Drain magic is looking pretty good right about now...
QFT

Don't much fancy facing a 2++ deathstar without Drain! High magic for the win! I also wonder if all the armybook lores will get end times spells?
Doubt it. Thus far all they're doing is copying Storm of Magic spells and High Magic's big thing (summoning Arcane Fulcrums) are already in there for all Level 3's and 4's.
Dartanelo

#717 Post by Dartanelo »

I have no idea what a high magic end times spell would be but i am curious if it will happen
John Rainbow

#718 Post by John Rainbow »

RogueSun wrote:Doubt it. Thus far all they're doing is copying Storm of Magic spells and High Magic's big thing (summoning Arcane Fulcrums) are already in there for all Level 3's and 4's.
Yeah but everyone gets it this time.
RogueSun

#719 Post by RogueSun »

John Rainbow wrote:
RogueSun wrote:Doubt it. Thus far all they're doing is copying Storm of Magic spells and High Magic's big thing (summoning Arcane Fulcrums) are already in there for all Level 3's and 4's.
That's what I'm saying. I doubt high magic gets anything since they've already use the SoM thing for everyone. GW is sorta phoning this one in it would seem, so the idea that they'll come up with a new spell for elves is not likely.
Ielthan

#720 Post by Ielthan »

RogueSun wrote:
John Rainbow wrote:
That's what I'm saying. I doubt high magic gets anything since they've already use the SoM thing for everyone. GW is sorta phoning this one in it would seem, so the idea that they'll come up with a new spell for elves is not likely.
Are we sure everyone gets the summon fulcrum spell and not the magical duel spell like storm of magic, where you could displace an enemy wizard from a fulcrum and then teleport to it? If indeed everyone does get the summon fulcrum spell I'm pretty confident high magic would get something new.

Very curious to see the avatar stats, I really hope it's better than it's 40k equivalent (not too optimistic tbh) as that thing won't last long in fantasy. Does anyone think that Tyrion with widowmaker will have a different profile to the tyrion the avatar? The rumours are saying that on drawing it he turns into the Avatar, but in the teaser vid you can see him in his normal form fighting Malekith with what appears to be the widowmaker (it isn't sunfang). Unless he kills Malekith and then draws the sword (kill him good Tyrrers!).

Does anyone know if the cards will be available to preorder or whether they'll only be available in store?