Sooo... It looks like Asur in "MAY" 2013.

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Lecai

Re: Sooo... It looks like Asur in 2013.

#1951 Post by Lecai »

A new dragon's breath flamethrower war machine option :roll: ! This is one of the reasons why I think we're definitely getting some kind of Drake Riders MC in spite of the fact that this new rumour guy contacted by Maelström knew about this new warmachine and didn't know anything about DR MC: They're really milking that whole dragon theme dry!
- The Dragons have "awakened". More and mightier dragons, Imrik returns.
Gizmos wrote:Who says the phoenix riders arent our MC?
There's a pretty strong rumour from multiple sources about getting an MC unit (DP's riding Fire Drakes) described to be modeled after the old "Thaindon the Dragonlord" model. Also, a lot of people here think the phoenix-riders are a Stonehorn/Thundertusk kind of combined profile monster+riders kit due to its large size. Rare choice + char. mount option just like the Ogres have. I too can't see those things ranking up myself and the size of them is really too big to be MC considering the sizes of all the other MC's released before.

Edit: Attention - new rumours posted on page 65!
Gizmos

#1952 Post by Gizmos »

Lecai wrote:
There's a pretty strong rumour from multiple sources about getting an MC unit (DP's riding Fire Drakes) described to be modeled after the old "Thaindon the Dragonlord" model. Also, a lot of people here think the phoenix-riders are a Stonehorn/Thundertusk kind of combined profile monster+riders kit due to its large size. Rare choice + char. mount option just like the Ogres have. I too can't see those things ranking up myself and the size of them is really too big to be MC considering the sizes of all the other MC's released before.
Fair enough, looking agin at the pic, i guees they are quite large, i just thought they may do them like the pegasus knights.
HERO

#1953 Post by HERO »

Gizmos wrote:
Lecai wrote:I know a certain Mr. Flibbles who'll be very happy with the no-MC drakeriders rumour from this source! :D I'm not sure that's gonna happen though, if I know GW we're getting our new MC.
Who says the phoenix riders arent our MC?
This..
- To this add that a rumor in the wind told me that the High Elves will have a new war machine bolt thrower mixture and dragon breath / flamethrower. [I have said if you loose or mounted on the flying car. I tend to think that loose]. :hmm:
- Have commented that there will be no monstrous cavalry, so we might not see dragons granlloro: But other rumors are saying yes, and very explicit. [I'm hoping so, I find few things for renovation and two boxes doubt take out infantry. Flying car, Fenix, Guard / dark and nothing else .... :bat: ... We'll see when I have something I put insurance. k ]
- The following options disappear magical objects as we know them: Cavalry Lance Star, Dragon Horn and Caledor Armor. There is an item called "Book of the Phoenix"
- The Dragons have "awakened". More and mighty dragons, Imrik return.
- The Phoenix King goes into battle.

Then I put all the boxes that have the kits. Some we will see now, some in the future and some never. From high to low confirmation:

1. BOX / KIT Sky Claws flying car. It takes a special character above (Finubar / Eltharion) and option for new bolt thrower / machine war-dragon breath flamethrower.
2. BOX / KIT Phoenix / Phoenix Riders. Option to character (Caradryan?), Two / three types of Phoenix (ice / fire / loose)
3. BOX / KIT Infantry 10 Shadow / Maiden Guard. (Some say they are two boxes and not a multikit).
4. BOX / KIT Monstrous Cavalry Riders of Fire (Dragon).
5. BOX / KIT Great Dragon / Monster. Option to Imrik.
6. BOX / KIT New War Machine (like the flying car).
7. BOX / KIT Great Eagles.
8. BOX / KIT Altar two Elven Gods

Then I put all the blisters have said. Some we will see now, some in the future and some never. From high to low confirmation:

1. Magician BLISTER Guerrero (Some say that Belannear option)
2. BLISTER Alarielle
3. BLISTER Teclis
4. Random Hero

PS: I left out things that do not seem to see in years to Helms, Lancers, Sword Masters, new faucet and other ... Not to be heavy but I have several things but keep in mind that we will not see more than 4-5 and 3-4 boxes blisters more book and magic cards. There will be many surprises (more or less know almost everything xD) as to what you mean. Now, it is the 30th anniversary of Warhammer Fantasy, elves are an army that needs something flashy that we have not seen (as happened to the empire) and so we get a surprise.
Star Lance, Dragon Horn and Armor of Caledor going back to Imrik was a given, but the Book of Phoenix is very new.

Phoenix King going to battle is quite strange... but I can see why it would be consistent with warhammer fluff. The Dwarf and Empire King goes to battle, why not ours? However, this overlaps a bit with Tyrion's role on the battlefield and conflicts with the current standing fluff that even the Phoenix King bows to Tyrion's knowledge of battle.

Personally, I' not sure on the cavalry riders of fire, aka True Dragon Princes. What does that make our current Dragon Princes on steeds? Seems very odd.

Isn't 1. and 6. the same?
Last edited by HERO on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45884][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvidzNv.jpg[/img][/url]
[i]Click the banner to see my 8th Ed. High Elves Tactica![/i]
[url=http://lkhero.blogspot.com/][size=150]HERO's Gaming Blog[/size][/url]
Ptolemy

#1954 Post by Ptolemy »

Lecai wrote:Alright guys, it's RUMOUR TIME again, fresh off the oven! The Spanish rumour-monger Maelström seems to have heard new rumours from a different source, this time mostly about the releases. Paging Nopuiidorl to provide us the proper translation as always...
More and more I'm thinking no MC. No real reason. Just a hunch.

Thanks for porting this over, seems fairly easy to figure out from the Google Translate.
Lecai wrote:There's a pretty strong rumour from multiple sources about getting an MC unit (DP's riding Fire Drakes) described to be modeled after the old "Thaindon the Dragonlord" model.
There was one rumor of this, which has been recycled over and over by others. It could just as easily be a wishlist item. It doesn't take much to assume that HE MC might ride mini-dragons.

The closest thing to any real confirmation of MC is Harry mentioning that before our current book was written that he heard a rumor of someone sculpting Drake Cavalry. Thats as good as that rumor has gotten. Anything else barely qualifies as rumor.
Lecai wrote:- To this add that a rumor in the wind told me that the High Elves will have a new war machine bolt thrower mixture and dragon breath / flamethrower. [I have said if you loose or mounted on the flying car.
Meh...not so sure here. Mantic's HE army has this EXACT same kit. Its a dual Flamethrower/Bolt Thrower.
Lecai wrote:- The following options disappear magical objects as we know them: Cavalry Lance Star, Dragon Horn and Caledor Armor. There is an item called "Book of the Phoenix"
Expected. Those items are all Imrik's anyway.
Lecai wrote:- The Dragons have "awakened". More and mighty dragons, Imrik return.
Well, more would have to be Dragons ridden by heroes or Dragons in a rare slot. Not much else can be done to increase the number of dragons short of Dragon MC. I'm actually hoping Imrik doesn't return. Not because I dislike the character (I really like him a lot) but rather I feel that his presence lowers the chance of our stock Princes having special rules in regards to Dragons since Imrik would likely have those.
Lecai wrote:Then I put all the boxes that have the kits. Some we will see now, some in the future and some never. From high to low confirmation:
I'm not even sure what to make of this. Just sounds like someone's wishlist or a compilation of everything on the net that has been rumored/hoped/dreamed/wished for.
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]
Lecai

#1955 Post by Lecai »

HERO wrote:Star Lance, Dragon Horn and Armor of Caledor going back to Imrik was a given, but the Book of Phoenix is very new.
Actually, the Book of Phoenix is very old - it's a magical item carried by Belannaer from the 5th edition. It's rumoured that we're getting Belannaer in 8th so maybe it's his.
HERO

#1956 Post by HERO »

Lecai wrote:
HERO wrote:Star Lance, Dragon Horn and Armor of Caledor going back to Imrik was a given, but the Book of Phoenix is very new.
Actually, the Book of Phoenix is very old - it's a magical item carried by Belannaer from the 5th edition. It's rumoured that we're getting Belannaer in 8th so maybe it's his.
I meant this as in, it's the first time I've heard this rumor :D
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=45884][img]http://i.imgur.com/EvidzNv.jpg[/img][/url]
Nopuiiidorl

#1957 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Lecai wrote:Alright guys, it's RUMOUR TIME again, fresh off the oven! The Spanish rumour-monger Maelström seems to have heard new rumours from a different source, this time mostly about the releases. Paging Nopuiidorl to provide us the proper translation as always...
Let's go for it dude. I'm so lazy and you make me work so much :mrgreen:

NEW STUFF:
-HE are going to get a new war machine that mixes RBT and dragon breath/flamethrower. Nobody told Maeltröm if its something independent or part of one of the flying chariots. He thinks that maybe a new war machine.
-Some people now say there will be no MC, so maybe no dragons #-o Others, instead, keep saying there will be and they give very explicit details. Maelström is confident they can be one of the releases, since if they exist not there will be few new boxes and having two different infantry boxes is both unlikely and unnecessary. He will keep digging to see what he finds.
-Next magic items disappear as you know them nowadays: Star Lance, Dragon Horn, Armor of Caledor (=Imrik coming back?). There is a new magic item: Book of the Phoenix.
-Dragons have awaken. More and more powerful dragons. Imrik is coming back.
-Phoenix King is going to battle.

NEW MODELS (from MORE likely to LESS likely):
1. BOX/KIT: Flying Chariot Sky Talons. Special character on it (Finubar/Eltharion) an option for RBT/flamethrower-dragon breath war machine.
2. BOX/KIT: Phoenix/Phoenix Riders. Options for Special Character (Caradryan?), two/three types of Phoenix (Ice/Fire/Lone one).
3. BOX/KIT: Infantry: 10 Shadow Warriors/Maiden Guard (Some say they will be in two boxes and not in a multikit).
4. BOX/KIT: Monstruos Cavalry "Fire Riders" (dragons)
5. BOX/KIT: Huge Dragon/Monster. Option for Imrik.
6. BOX/KIT: New War Machine (as the one in the flying chariot option B)
7. BOX/KIT: Great Eagles.
8. BOX/KIT: Two elven gods shrines.

BLISTERS (some to be seen on may, others in the future, others never). From MORE likely to LESS likely:
1. BLISTER Warrior Mage (some say with option to build Belannaer)
2. BLISTER Alarielle
3. BLISTER Teclis
4. BLISTER Random hero

PS: Maelström's left apart some things that we are not likely to see in years such us SHs, Spears, SMs, New Griffon and the like. He insists on saying that new release will be: 4-5 boxes and 3-4 blisters, plus book and cards. No surprises (we already know almos everything about that very point). Anyway, it will be WHFB 30th anniversary, and elves are an army that needs something flashy that we haven't seen yet (as happened with Empire), and there may be a surprise.

Powered by: Maelström

Cheers.
Last edited by Nopuiiidorl on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Silly Dragon

#1958 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Lecai wrote: - Have commented that there will be no monstrous cavalry, so we might not see dragons granlloro:
So all those sacrifices have worked? mwahahahahahahahahahaha! :twisted:
*goes dancing naked in the woods*

Lecai wrote:4. BOX / KIT Monstrous Cavalry Riders of Fire (Dragon).
[-X
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
~Milliardo~

#1959 Post by ~Milliardo~ »

Wow, lots of new stuff... if thats true that's a hell of a lot more toys than we got with the last book and update. High Elves are becoming a bit less 'vanilla', even if I never agreed with that comment.

Thanks Nopuiiidorl for your translations. :3
Lecai

#1960 Post by Lecai »

Ptolemy wrote:There was one rumor of this, which has been recycled over and over by others. It could just as easily be a wishlist item. It doesn't take much to assume that HE MC might ride mini-dragons.

The closest thing to any real confirmation of MC is Harry mentioning that before our current book was written that he heard a rumor of someone sculpting Drake Cavalry. Thats as good as that rumor has gotten. Anything else barely qualifies as rumor.
I don't think it's that weak of a rumour.

Here's all the stuff about Dragon/Drake Riders:

Imrik making a return, his inclusion possibly acting like Skrag but for True Dragon Princes. (This ties in with the popularity of the Caledor novels depicting mass dragon combat, the Storm of Magic novella, AND the Graham McNeil 2 part novel.)(Actuality)
Dragon Princes riding some form of true dragon, (possibly limited to a sun dragon) Possibly in sets of three. (Actuality)
(This reminds me of a rumour from last time the book was done. There was a rumour of 'Drake riders' being sculpted by Alex Hedstrom. (Harry)
Monsterous Cavalry (Skeith over on BoLS)
Monstrous Cav will be in the book…but nothing on weather its giant lions or Drakes (Anonymous guy who posted rumours to Wamphyri's podcast - knew about the phoenix)
Dragon MC will be modelled taking Thaindon's dragon as inspiration (that elf dragon rider from the 3rd edition). Like current HE plastic dragon (which takes inspiration from a very old GW dragon). (From the Spanish rumours compiled by Maelström - the source is "Whiterabbit")

The sentence below (Google Translate) is from one of Maelström's sources, "Whiterabbit", who's probably one of the playtester dudes. This guy is at least partially vindicated as a rumour source because he described the Eagle Chariot down to the smallest detail like the bolt-thrower before that pic showed up.

Source: http://translate.google.com/translate?d ... comenteis/

- Plastic Box Dragon Knights (Dragon Monstrous Cavalry. From 3 by 3 or could vary only 2 have not seen the box) (Not sure who the sculptor, but take time to "mind" as stated, since Dragon became the 7th). Are said to be inspired by Lord of the Dragons Thaindon fire Caledor, mounted Kargs (Miniature few years ago ...) (WhiteRabbit)
Nopuiiidorl

#1961 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Nopuiiidorl wrote:
NEW MODELS (from MORE likely to LESS likely):
1. BOX/KIT: Flying Chariot Sky Talons. Special character on it (Finubar/Eltharion) an option for RBT/flamethrower-dragon breath war machine.
2. BOX/KIT: Phoenix/Phoenix Riders. Options for Special Character (Caradryan?), two/three types of Phoenix (Ice/Fire/Lone one).
3. BOX/KIT: Infantry: 10 Shadow Warriors/Maiden Guard (Some say they will be in two boxes and not in a multikit).
4. BOX/KIT: Monstruos Cavalry "Fire Riders" (dragons)
5. BOX/KIT: Huge Dragon/Monster. Option for Imrik.
6. BOX/KIT: New War Machine (as the one in the flying chariot option B)
7. BOX/KIT: Great Eagles.
8. BOX/KIT: Two elven gods shrines.
My bets:
-Flying chariots and Phoenixes are here, so points 1 and 2 are no questioning.
-Elven Shrines I think they do not exist (point 8!!), I mean, Phoenixes will be the buff givers, depending if consecrated to asuryan/other god. So 8 doesn't really exists.
-Eagles are not coming evidently.
-New war machine... I think it will be on the flying chariot (as tzeench chariot).
-Imrik will be coming in the near future

So, what we have? Not many options really. Two plastic boxes for sure, then the infantry, then the MC. Four boxes, so not thaaaaat much really.

It would be so weird (in my opinion) that HEs get no MC at all. So Empire has, WoC and DoC have, OK has, TK has, and elves (aka PURE fantasy!!) doesn't? I may agree that dragons are too "rare" to be MC, but... NO MC at all (lions? Squirrels)?

Anyway, I'm quite confident in the new book. And I think we will get a MC, whatever it be. Otherwise it makes no sense overloading us with character mounts (eagles/griffons/dragons/horses/chariots and now... phoenix?) and no rare options.
Gizmos

#1962 Post by Gizmos »

Are we "sure" (well as sure as can be without the book) that phoenixes are buff givers? Or that we are getting a buff cart of some description?

Also that picture with them had 3. So why cant they be a MC unit? True they werent ranked, but having only one rider, i dont see them being in the same vein as stonehorn/necrosphinx etc.
Dont get me wrong, but i cant see us getting Monstrous Cavalry dragons, a new big dragon model, phoenixes and a flying chariot. Not to mention handmaidens etc. I think one thing would have to give, and personally i think that phoenixes as MC, would be better than dragons in 3s.
Dont get me wrong, the more models the better, it gives more scope for conversions and painting.

Of course this is all speculation.
Lecai

#1963 Post by Lecai »

Someone should definitely read some of those new Black Library books released in April just to get a glimpse of some of the stuff we might be getting in the new book. I don't think I can stomach reading them but someone has to do it!
RUMOUR wrote:Google Translated: - When asked if the novels coming out in April for Black Library could sense something of the book (special characters / new units) the answer was yes, as with TAU. (Whiterabbit)
Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

#1964 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Phoenix King going to battle is quite strange... but I can see why it would be consistent with warhammer fluff. The Dwarf and Empire King goes to battle, why not ours? However, this overlaps a bit with Tyrion's role on the battlefield and conflicts with the current standing fluff that even the Phoenix King bows to Tyrion's knowledge of battle.
Not to mention the Brets (Louen AND Morgana), Wood Elves to a degree (Orion). You could argue that we're the only ones united under a single leader that don't have a SC for that leader.
Nopuiiidorl

#1965 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Gizmos wrote:Are we "sure" (well as sure as can be without the book) that phoenixes are buff givers? Or that we are getting a buff cart of some description?

Also that picture with them had 3. So why cant they be a MC unit? True they werent ranked, but having only one rider, i dont see them being in the same vein as stonehorn/necrosphinx etc.
Dont get me wrong, but i cant see us getting Monstrous Cavalry dragons, a new big dragon model, phoenixes and a flying chariot. Not to mention handmaidens etc. I think one thing would have to give, and personally i think that phoenixes as MC, would be better than dragons in 3s.
Dont get me wrong, the more models the better, it gives more scope for conversions and painting.

Not only they were not in ranks, but also notice phoenixes size and the wings size. To big to make a unit out of that, not even a minimum worry to put the wings in different positions to make some room. Definitely, they are hero mounts/lone rare monsters.

Nothing about the buff carts, but seems very unlikely to have different effect phoenixes (due to fire/ice) and then also a buffing chariot. We will be more similar in this aspect to OK rather than to Empire.
Nopuiiidorl

#1966 Post by Nopuiiidorl »

Shannar, Sealord wrote:
Not to mention the Brets (Louen AND Morgana), Wood Elves to a degree (Orion). You could argue that we're the only ones united under a single leader that don't have a SC for that leader.
I could see Tyrion more in the cream of the battle and Finubar buffing from behind (=more tactical use).
Lecai

#1967 Post by Lecai »

Gizmos wrote:Dont get me wrong, but i cant see us getting Monstrous Cavalry dragons, a new big dragon model, phoenixes and a flying chariot.
Monstrous Cavalry dragons(the rumour is "drakes") = Mournfang Cavalry
Phoenixes&riders = Stonehorn/Thundertusk

Hey, if the Ogres got it so can we! :D The High Elves are a flagship army getting revamped for the 8th/9th and as the rumour-compiling guy from the Spanish forum already mentioned - we're the army getting released on the 30th anniversary of WHFB so we can expect something special!

BTW, the gigantic dragon which is either the new Star Dragon or some other kind of ancient Caledorian monstrosity is rumoured to be released in a later wave.
RogueSun

#1968 Post by RogueSun »

Gizmos wrote:Are we "sure" (well as sure as can be without the book) that phoenixes are buff givers? Or that we are getting a buff cart of some description?

The Stonehorn only has one rider as well, so it's really not that absurd. I also think more effort would have gone into making sure the Phoenixes could rank up if they were our MC option. Trying to put those side by side would be nearly impossible.

It's also been said multiple times that IF we do get a large dragon kit, it wouldn't be an intial release and would come with a later wave, so right now we're looking at:

Flying Chariot
Phoenix
MAYBE Shadow Warriors/Maidens (I'm very skeptical about this)
Couple of blisters

This leaves a few slots for models such as a MC unit. I don't see why GW would pass up MC for High Elves anyway. They look cool, they are effective on the table and they're big enough kits to charge some serious cash for. It's a win-win for players and the company.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#1969 Post by SpellArcher »

Just not for our opponents.

:wink:
Gizmos

#1970 Post by Gizmos »

maybe im just the eternal pessimist. But as said, if we do get all this stuff I will be very happy. My bank account wont be, tau and high elves in consecutive months is gonna be very painful.
HERO

#1971 Post by HERO »

Gizmos wrote:maybe im just the eternal pessimist. But as said, if we do get all this stuff I will be very happy. My bank account wont be, tau and high elves in consecutive months is gonna be very painful.
You're telling me.. I have High Elves and then Eldar!
Gizmos

#1972 Post by Gizmos »

HERO wrote:
Gizmos wrote:maybe im just the eternal pessimist. But as said, if we do get all this stuff I will be very happy. My bank account wont be, tau and high elves in consecutive months is gonna be very painful.
You're telling me.. I have High Elves and then Eldar!
haha well at least im not the only one.
SpellArcher wrote:Just not for our opponents.

:wink:
I just showed my bro the latest rumours, hes as sick as a dog. :lol: I should have plenty of news toys to lead his skaven a merry dance.

I would be very interested to see the pics of these dragon MC. If they are winged, then that will be interesting making them rank well, unless they do them at different levels (height wise)
KelliStClaire

#1973 Post by KelliStClaire »

In fact I'm almost sure Maiden guard and Shadow Warriors are coming.

That guy at Bugman's forum(a long with another poster at Warseer) was the first one to give exact info how Flying Chariot look like and Ice/Fire Pheonixes both of them confirmed Maidenguards (or some other females with water bows whatever that means) and Shadow Warriors coming as a kit. What's more they given information about Battle Report against Ogres in WD and were focused more about minis than rules (which in my eyes is more credible)
I think we may be getting
- Shadow Warriors kit - possibly Core unit
- Maidenguard/Female archers kit - possibly Special Unit
- Flying Chariot - possibly Rare Unit
- Pheonixes - possibly Rare Unit
- Teclis, Bellanear in blister (also heavly rumoured)

so...it is not out of line to expect another kit - MC , but I am 50/50 on that.
draxynnic

#1974 Post by draxynnic »

Asur, Lizardmen, Eldar, and if my bank account wasn't going to be sore enough from that I'd probably be picking up Tau as well...
Nopuiiidorl wrote:
Shannar, Sealord wrote:
I could see Tyrion more in the cream of the battle and Finubar buffing from behind (=more tactical use).
Even then, Tyrion is the general rather than just the champion. Speaking of Tau, I'd expect it to be something similar to the relationship between a Shas'o and an Ethereal - Tyrion is still clearly the battle leader, but Finubar provides a benefit to the army purely by his presence, likely with an added benefit to White Lions and possibly Sea Guard.

One simple possibility could be for Finubar to have a rule that means he still provides a leadership aura (or, alternatively, acts as a BSB) even when another character is the army general - essentially reflecting that while Finubar often defers command, he's still shown respect by the troops on behalf of being the freakin' Phoenix King.

Either way, it certainly does make sense to make Finubar a special character, so that players who want to have the Phoenix King in their games isn't having to make up his rules from scratch. The distinction is that unlike other nations, the king of the Asur isn't necessarily the hardest character in the book.
Guilder

#1975 Post by Guilder »

They could make drakes like the daemon flies. Hover rather than fly. Wings pointed upward or downward to allow ranks.
KelliStClaire

#1976 Post by KelliStClaire »

Pheonix King He used to be a warrior...but Finubar is sailor and merchant not a hero/warrior, but Caledor or Tethlis were legendary fighters.Hoover MC ? #-o
Next brilliant idea please !
Griffon Prince

#1977 Post by Griffon Prince »

Alarielle? Hmm, I only read Defenders of Ulthuan and not the sequel but is it possible she could be around?

On another note, I am very, very sad for having parted with my large amount of Maiden Guard. Ouch.
Ptolemy

#1978 Post by Ptolemy »

Finubar fights rather well amongst his cadre of White Lion guards in Defenders of Ulthuan (or its sequel). True, he's got Tyrion and Korhil next to him, so its hard to really be in trouble, but he definitely is not stranger to the battlefield.

If I remember right, in the book he wears red armor. I also think Warhammer Online had some pretty nifty looking art for him.
[quote]Tethlis: "Most GW female sculpts tend to look like a surly transgender woman of the night, and it would be nice to avoid that if possible."[/quote]
HERO

#1979 Post by HERO »

Ptolemy wrote:Finubar fights rather well amongst his cadre of White Lion guards in Defenders of Ulthuan (or its sequel). True, he's got Tyrion and Korhil next to him, so its hard to really be in trouble, but he definitely is not stranger to the battlefield.

If I remember right, in the book he wears red armor. I also think Warhammer Online had some pretty nifty looking art for him.
Armilthuan

#1980 Post by Armilthuan »

I find it rather hard to believe a new chariot, a new phoenix, new maiden guard/shadow warriors and a new warmachine and eagles and shrines and drake riders in one release. (but then again, I'm used to atrocious releases like only a new white lion chariot kit, a dragon and some character sculpts as a grand new release)

Anyhoo, I don't mind finubar taking up to the field. But I always found it kinda charming that, compared to other races, we don't need/want our leader out on the battlefield.

We will find out in a week or two/three.