Meet the members of Ulthuan

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Mireadur

Re: Meet the members of Ulthuan

#91 Post by Mireadur »

Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:I've played this game before.
G'day, my name is Greig, but most call me Greg. I live on the Sunshine Coast in sunny Queensland. I turn 31 in October and I'm a labourer in a steel shop. I'm a semi professional hermit, if I'm not at work then I'm probably sitting at the PC, either watching anime, or played games(just built my new gaming rig last night ^_^). I used to play Magic and other CCGs but always thought that miniature gaming was too expensive, I have to say my army so far has cost less than most of my MtG decks, I should have gotten into it earlier =P

this was Christmas last year, since then I've been challenged by my mate Aaron, he's Queensland's Strongest Man, he said he's going to crush me if I don't get huge like him. I've started up at the gym, no bulging muscles but I've lost weight, pretty sure I'm going to get crushed ^_^'
You know how funny is this nearly 6' 8'' dude playing mangina on the internet? =D>
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#92 Post by Elithmar »

Mireadur wrote:...6' 8'' dude...
Wow! :shock:
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Mireadur

#93 Post by Mireadur »

Well, door entrances are 2 meter high also in australia arent they? :mrgreen:
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#94 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The photographer is very short, I'm 181cm tall.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Shadow star

#95 Post by Shadow star »

(I'm the one on the left)

Hey, I'm David. I'm 15 and am relatively new to War Hammer (started playing last summer). I am from the UK, and love gaming in all it's form. I play tabletop RPG's, video and japanese RPG's, strategy games, war games, card games, TCG's (Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Duel Masters, Harry Potter and others) and am an ex Magic player. I like reading - especially fantasy and enjoy most creative persuits.

I like martial arts, and am currently learing Kenjutsu (a japanese sword style) - still only using a bokken at the moment ;)

I like hanging out with my friends and being a little crazy :P :lol:
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Seredain
The Cavalry Prince

#96 Post by Seredain »

Curu Olannon wrote:Great to see you participating Seredain. Have you got two words about what you do etc as well? ;)
Quite right! My OP has been edited accordingly: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 35#p794035
Elessehta of Yvresse wrote:That's a cool handbag Sir =P
Ahem, manbag, ahem.
Curu Olannon wrote:By the way, looking at the picture I can`t help but think:

Seredain: "That last game, I`m pretty sure my Lions could`ve wrapped around on the Western flank, that would`ve given me a 20-0. Gotta remember that!"
Woman: "What should I wear tonight? Red dress?"

</stereotypes>
Haha, actually, this picture captures my genuine confusion when told by the photographer to "look intelligent".
SpellArcher wrote:Actually I've met him several times and he's the one on the right...
~Milliardo~ wrote:Nah, that's impossible - if he were the one on the right I'd be hitting on him.
You wish guys!
The Cavalry Prince - List Design, Tactics, Battle Reports

http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33584
Teledor

#97 Post by Teledor »

Seredain wrote: Love them as I do, I find the scale-mailed bejeweled elves an absolute bastard to paint in any detail.
I feel you. I paint slowly for the same exact reason. I try to be too perfect.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#98 Post by SpellArcher »

Lovely as your companion is Seredain, I have no issues in that department.

:)
Nyeave

#99 Post by Nyeave »

Time for me to show myself aswell. Notoriously slow painter and hopefully upcoming Cavalry Prince trainee (if I ever get to finish painting my army before we get a new book...)

My name is Jakob, I am 31 years old and I live near Copenhagen in Denmark with my fiancee and our, soon to be, 1-year old son. I graduated as a Chemical Engineer and now I work as a Chemist in the pharmaceutical buisness.
I started the hobby not too long ago with the intention to just paint models for fun and let it stay with that, but after playing a few games I must admit I got hooked on the gaming part aswell. I plan on building a gaming table this summer with my cousin and then hopefully we can get a lot more game time than what we do at the moment.
Between work and family there isn't much time left over for other things, but what time I have, I tend to use on painting and a little PC gaming.

Oh and the mandatory picture (hint: It's me between the two beauties c",)
Visit my plog at [url]http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43542[/url]
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#100 Post by Prince of Spires »

Anyone else notice how the forum member is somehow always on the left of the picture (ok, for the last one I assumed a 1 year old and WH are not the best of combinations ;) )...

Lovely to see all the faces with the members. It's interesting how I at least identify people more with their alias then their real name, even if I know it.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#101 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

At the joust on the weekend, I called everyone by their forum names.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Malossar
Something Cool

#102 Post by Malossar »

BOOM! Shameless Threadromancy muahahaha.

This topic is just to good to die.... sticky?
Ptolemy wrote:Im not above whoring myself for a good cause. ;)
Hinge

#103 Post by Hinge »

I will bite.

My name is Michael, I am a Banker in real life. I am married with a 13 year old son and live in Oakland, CA. After reading the last couple of pages, well damn I am old for this hobby at 46. I think refusing to accept my age lets me keep playing with toy soldiers and participating in drunken shenanigans at tournaments. I also run the Quake City Rumble, which is the largest WFB tournament on the West Coast of the US.

My interests outside of warhammer is history, skiing (downhill), Forty Niner fan (my days of playing sports is over), and backpacking/camping. Even did a couple trips in Malossar's neck of the woods the last couple of years (Trinity Alps).

Michael aka Hinge
[size=150][url=http://hingehammer.blogspot.com]Hinge Hammer Blog[/url][/size]

[url=http://www.rqgpodcast.com/]Rage Quit Gaming[/url]
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#104 Post by SpellArcher »

Hinge wrote: After reading the last couple of pages, well damn I am old for this hobby at 46.
45 here, son of 12.

Hinge

#105 Post by Hinge »

SpellArcher wrote:
Hinge wrote: After reading the last couple of pages, well damn I am old for this hobby at 46.
45 here, son of 12.

Well glad I am not the only one :D
[size=150][url=http://hingehammer.blogspot.com]Hinge Hammer Blog[/url][/size]

[url=http://www.rqgpodcast.com/]Rage Quit Gaming[/url]
Casazzo

#106 Post by Casazzo »

I am a bit lazy, so i'll post pretty much the copy of my introduction form some time past:

My name is Carsten, and i am a 35 year old pharmacist from the very west end of germany. I am self employed and own my own pharmacy. (Yeah, in germany they are all owned by the pharmacists themselves. No evil big business companies involved.)

In my WHFB-free time (lots of it, there are not many players around here, but i happend to find a group some time ago, that plays at least around 2 times a month) i play with my son and i like competetive online-gaming. Just started Wildstar for the arena-gameplay.

My little family and me: (I am the ugly one to the right, before you ask, but i am proud of my little son :-) )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/886 ... family.jpg
sparkytrypod

#107 Post by sparkytrypod »

hi guys, I am mark. I'm from Ireland and im 26. been playing for about 3 years now, I exclusively high elves although I have a mantic dwarf army assembled and basecoated for about 6 months...but I just cant put my elves down! I work as a retail manager, a toy store actually!

death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain

do an rpg personality test, im from Ireland and I get...

[CENTER][url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg[/img][/url][/CENTER
HugoMac

#108 Post by HugoMac »

Hello everyone. My name is Hugo (yes!, hahaha!).

I´m from Oviedo, a small city from the northern spain, 33 with a 5 -almost 6- years old daughter (yes, i will try to make her like Warhammer in the future :mrgreen: ). I work for the public administration, and have played the game for almost 10 years. I own two armies: High Elves and Vampire Counts.

I play mostly ETC and hope that our club, the AsturBlacks, will some day be the spanish national team in the big final event... :oops:
Myth

#109 Post by Myth »

SpellArcher wrote:
45 here, son of 12.

40 this summer, son of 7 :wink:
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#110 Post by SpellArcher »

Myth wrote:40 this summer, son of 7
This is getting spooky...

Pavisel

#111 Post by Pavisel »

Hi Guys! here is my pic:

As usual, I am the one on the left, my name is Amber. I've been playing Warhammer for almost 14 years, I started during the 5th-6th transition. (can't tell you how funny it was that the redshirts in our old GW store were so excited to get an actual girl interested in the game, and not be able to sell me a rule book or army book ;-) )
Noble Korhedron

#112 Post by Noble Korhedron »

@Milliardo: Don't be so hard on yourself - you're just a white dude with long(perhaps too long?) black hair.

I'll post my own pic here later once I find a decent one to post.
Regards,

NK.

http://www.druchii.net/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php
ArcaneSnow

#113 Post by ArcaneSnow »

O wow... Really glad I found this post! This really should be pinned because... damn.. introductions to all the real people that share the same love for a hobby is just... crazy cool.

Once again. Hi everyone!
My name is Arthur. I'm 24 from Vancouver BC, Canada. I've only been playing WH since February of this year. High Elves is the only army I own and it has quickly grown into quite a sizable force since my first IoB box. Professionally, I used to be a swim coach for a private swim team but more recently I've taken a step back to other things in life. I graduated out of university just last year in the faculty of Communications. Since Vancouver is not the greatest place for marketing or PR.. I'm decently struggling to figure out what to do with my degree. Other than that, my family runs a local floral business so lately, that is where I'm putting most of my time and effort into.

Other than that, I'm a crazy hobbyist. Video games, board games, cars, guns, toys, comics, mixology... you name it. I have my phases where I'll get super interested in something and proceed to jump head first into it. Currently.. that hobby is vaporizers and a return to Pathfinder.. maybe DnD 5e soon to follow.

Pleasure meeting all you fine gents!

Check out my High Elves R3K Plog! It's super picture heavy though... You've been warned..
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#114 Post by SpellArcher »

The full horror...

Aicanor
Rainbows

#115 Post by Aicanor »

It is good to have a face to the name. :)
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#116 Post by SpellArcher »

Thank you Aicanor.

Have all the mods posted pictures here?
Myth

#117 Post by Myth »

I guess I shouldn't be illegal any more.
My name is Mitar, age doesn't matter....I still feel as a boy :)
Started WHFB at 2003, High Elves my first and true army, all others I posses are not important [-X =D> :mrgreen:

This pic has some 7-8 years....
Last edited by Myth on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#118 Post by SpellArcher »

Myth wrote:all others I posses are not important
=D>
bloody nunchucks

#119 Post by bloody nunchucks »

This thread is quite fun to read, and brings back many memories of discussions past. Especially with AoS and the death of 8th Ed this was quite the refreshing stroll through Nostalgia Lane. I hope you're all doing well and continue to do so! :D

I'm Roger, located in Buffalo NY, USA. Please note that this is NOT New York City and is instead an aging member of the steel circuit of the northeast.

I'm a financial advisor, currently finishing my Bachelors. Spare time is rare, but when I have it I enjoy snowsports (boards and skiis), camping/hiking, various video games (League, Halo, Cod), painting, writing and traveling around on my crotch rocket (FZ1).

I play Warmachine (Retribution obviously), some 40K (Tau), in the past I've played some trading card games and am a huge geek. Favorites are LoTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, Marval stuff, Sci-Fi (Asimov, Critchon type), various high fantasy and so on.

EDIT: I'm 23 years old.
EDIT#2: I'm among those that can't yet grow a full beard. Sigh....

I used to play:
High Elves
Tau
Retribution of Scyrah
Gandalf_82

#120 Post by Gandalf_82 »

I recall reading this thread a good year or so back and resisting the urge to post but it is good fun putting a face to a name and all that so I guess I should get involved!

So, sticking with the pattern I'm the guy on the left, the little man in the middle is the reason I struggle to find time to get much painting done at the moment and the one on the right is my wife (since March!). Very lucky to have such a great family. :D

My name is Dan and I'm a 34 year old accountant living in Swindon, England. Other than wargaming my interests include football (Playing and supporting the Villa, season ticket holder - tough times!), golf, reading (fave authors include Tad Williams, George R Martin, Robin Hobb and Bernard Cornwell) and I've been known to play the odd computer game in my time, although rarely these days.

First started WFB back when I was at school many moons ago, gave up when I went to uni and only got back into it when a colleagues boyfriend confessed to being a WFB player on a night out 3-4 years ago. I drunkenly suggested I'd be up for a game some time and was true to my word and havent looked back since. Dread to think how much time and money i've put into painting/gaming since!

Elves have always been my only real Warhammer army, why on earth would you want to collect/play anyone else?! (I have got an Ogre army I bought off ebay a while back I dabble with occasionally but thats all)