Interesting GW numbers

Place to discuss anything related to tabletop wargaming that isn't covered by the other forums.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Interesting GW numbers

#31 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

Daeron wrote:
Shannar, Sealord wrote:As to the actual trends in the chart I think it's likely that you did miss things as you mentioned. I'm guessing you were fairly excited (one way or the other) about AoS and as a result you searched for things (and therefore found them), where with warhammer you stuck to what you already knew.
Well, I didn't so much as search as bump into them. On a social media platform it was easy enough... There were enough AoS enthusiasts on my Twitter feed and retweets and links did the rest. For YouTube, I simply took part of a community that supports all kinds of games but there's enough AoS support there too.
The only thing I can say for sure is that your twitter feed and mine are very different :lol: Nothing gaming related shows up, well ever. Yours is probably more fun than mine.
Prince of Spires
Auctor Aeternitatum

#32 Post by Prince of Spires »

I think I don't 'social-media' enough to notice AoS (or anything else really...).

The difference probably is that WH never needed social media support. Anyone wanting to play a tabletop war game was bound to run into WH at some point. And there was a very well established forum scene online. No need for social media support.

AoS is very different in this regard. A lot of forums either became more quiet or didn't do anything AoS related. Any online presence would have to come from GW itself. Also, there probably are a few managers at GW who have a lot riding on AoS working. After all, someone at GW got the job of getting AoS going. If it does, he'll probably receive a nice paycheck at some point. If it doesn't, well...

And unlike WH AoS doesn't sell itself. So, a lot more media presence is needed.

Rod
For Nagarythe: Come to the dark side.
PS: Bring cookies!

Check out my plog
Painting progress, done/in progress/in box: 167/33/91

Check my writing blog for stories on the Prince of Spires and other pieces of fiction.
SpellArcher
Green Istari

#33 Post by SpellArcher »

In Britain at least, the Podcasters, TO's of the bigger tournaments and high profile Twitter posters tend to be the same guys. They were always going to go all-in on AoS in the same way that they did with End Times and when 8th edition launched to some controversy.