Tales of a Loremaster of Lothern

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Tales of a Loremaster of Lothern

#1 Post by Elithmar »

Prologue

Morelion leant on the balcony rail of his apartment as he stared longingly out to the sea, stained crimson by the blood of the dying sun. Yet it was not the peaceful and enchanting Sea of Dreams that he gazed at; he looked instead out to the Great Ocean. The sliver of it that he could just see past the lofty towers of the city beckoned to him, urging him to go on just one more adventure. He had sailed its waters countless times, East to Elthin-Arvan, Araby, Nehekhara and further to Cathay and Nippon, and West to Naggaroth and Lustria. He had sailed in good and bad weather, in the day and in the night. He had done everything from deposing foreign kings to rescuing elven princesses to putting an end to world-threatening plots. Yet despite all this, he still wanted to go on just one more journey.

He was too old, though. He had too many scars to count, most notably the one from forehead to chin down the right side of his face, which meant he was blind in one eye. The tall handsome figure of his younger self was gone entirely, leaving a hunched old elf, who had to rely on a walking stick to keep himself standing. Even his trusty sword and merwyrm-scale shield were starting to look a bit battered.

The only thing that didn’t appear to have aged was the magical tome, which he kept locked in a chest, safe from any aspiring thieves. No, that had always looked ancient, right from the day he first found it, when its pages were being used by an orc as toilet paper. The book seemed to have originated in Saphery, as it said ‘Printed in Hoeth’ on the back cover. It was a pity that so few of the pages were left, but the magical enchantments which were written on the remaining pages had come in very handy on numerous occasions over the years – he had used them for washing up the dishes to making regiments of Phoenix Guards fight like feral animals.

No, he was hardly able to walk from one side of the room to the other without help, never mind go on an adventure. All he could do was reminisce about past travels. Speaking of which, Morelion finally looked away from the ocean and sat down in his chair. As the bleeding sun dipped below the horizon at last, his eyes shut and he dreamt of his heroic past…
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
daid13

Re: Tales of a Loremaster of Lothern

#2 Post by daid13 »

Nice though not much action yet but I guess that that will change as the story goes on.

Is this Morelion as in Aenerion's son?
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#3 Post by Elithmar »

Yeah, this was just the introduction to different adventures he's had.

No, this is a different elf by the same name. ;) This is meant to be in the reign of Finubar, although the prologue was set a bit in the future. The adventures are supposed to be happening in the 'present'.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#4 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Named after Aenarion's first born?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
daid13

#5 Post by daid13 »

Is it stated whether Morelion or his sister who's name escapes me is older?