The winter king

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shadow star

The winter king

#1 Post by Shadow star »

The winter king

Intro

Long ago, before the sundering of the elves, beyond the blighted land they now call Nagaroth, their lay a kingdom. Its walls were strong, it’s leader wise and it’s knights honourable. The kingdom had never lost a war. But it was no war that decimated it. No man, ork or even skaven played a part in its destruction. A much more powerful force destroyed it. The icy grip of winter.
As the ice crept south and consumed the city, it left the city lifeless. But now the lifeless are stirring.

Chapter 1

The old hall slept silently. The grey stone floor was littered by a silvery dust, which glistened in the light that streamed through the cracked roof. At the end stood a stone throne, cracked and weathered by age.
A corpse, little more than an icy skeleton, with frozen flesh hanging off the bones, sat in the throne. It’s eyes empty voids. It had a stillness that came from an age of unmoving, unfeeling sleep. His armour, ice covered and cold, still covered him. By his side hung a, more ice than steel now.
A single finger twitched. A lone bony digit, scratching at the grey stone. Another finger followed, tapping. Soon the whole hand was tapping. Steady, unchanging. As the hand beat out it’s tune. The head lifted. Empty eyes now filled with a pale blue light. Teeth ground and gnashed, low growls escaping his skeletal lips. Finally his mouth formed words. A low ,guttural ,gasping voice. A voice that should not have been. And it muttered a single word. “Glaaadyyss.”
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Raithial

Re: The winter king

#2 Post by Raithial »

curious, I wonder where this is going; it seems quite an original start of a story. Lots of atmosphere, and I love your wording of it.
[img]http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/hh480/Dernaile/oacau0ek.jpg[/img]
Shadow star

Re: The winter king

#3 Post by Shadow star »

Thank you :). I should have the next instalmant up soon.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]