Pride.

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Greenman

Pride.

#1 Post by Greenman »

It took a moment to register the source of the sound.
A lute - strings softly brushed in open chord, rising and falling in volume, as though to the wind.
Alith looked over to the chest where it sat and to a pouch beside the instrument. The Trinket. Gaeldhren had returned then, and would be accompanied presently by others seeking to help. He removed his cloak, picked up the lute and began to play..

"Did you retrieve the book, Blade Lord? Do you have it?"
"We did, Lord King. Herself guards it". Sword Master Taba bore his wounds with grace, though in truth the lotus he had imbibed was not for the physical pain. Few return from Naggaroth and none without damage.
"May I see it, Lady?"
"You may, my Lord, though it will reveal none of it's secrets until returned to the Citadel. There is a cipher that our smiths must translate.
Be assured, a copy comes to you within the month". For a moment, while She spoke, Alith felt his mood lift. Felt the muscles in his face relax, and with her eyes upon him, he was untroubled.

"Did your Chapter find the mark, Taba?". Reluctantly, the Shadow King returned his attention to the business at hand. "Were you able to establish what is more widely known?"
"The slaver is dead, my Lord, along with his house. He told us that his ship's sorceress scried three phoenix flying over Ulthuan. And drake riders, followed by a sky-chariot. When we boarded, they were headed for Anlec with the papers. We transferred those to the Eagle Star and continued to the Corsair's home. None survived. We are sure of it." Taba bowed his head.

Gaeldhren coughed quietly,"Boss. There's something else. Seven and Thirteen have returned with confirmation that these Daemon Princes are real. The game's changed - they fly alone. Seven were barely able to keep up on horse. And tough, too. MaGaragh saw one shrug off cannon at Fort Lautern."

Nobody spoke while pondering what had been said. They became aware of the bass and low sound of strings in the corner of the tent.

Eventually, Alith Anar rose and moved to the chest. He picked up the pouch and dropped it's contents into his right hand - a smooth pebble marked with a single glyph and relieved by a thumb-sized depression.
"Do you know what this is, Taba. Will you carry it?"
With barely a pause, the Bladelord nodded, "Aye. I will".
"Then come with me, my friend. I would show you our strength - we have much to talk about.. Gaeldhren, have your captains raise the levy. No spears for this show, but we'll need all the bow-arms available. Try and pin the Fey, and Caledorians to the cause. Tell them we march after tomorrow."

"Now, if it please you, would you accompany us, my Lady? We'll find our standard bearer amongst the Chracians and see what might be done about this new threat from the North..
Greenman

Re: Pride.

#2 Post by Greenman »

Should probably mention it's an army list for SCGT.

Hello chaps, hope you're all well.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: Pride.

#3 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I like how you tied amy list elements into it, well played Sir.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]