A Brief Summary of the Life of Prince Laicamir

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Laicamir

A Brief Summary of the Life of Prince Laicamir

#1 Post by Laicamir »

What follows is a short (very short) piece of backstory for my army and more specificity its leader. I know that this will probably brake much lore and I am truly sorry about that. I have faced difficulty explaining the monumental life span of Laicamir and I am not sure if I have the time periods correct. This will be really really awful, read at your own peril!

One afternoon in mid Autumn Fiondel an Archmage with the tower of Hoeth was training a group of young elves whom had just progressed out of being novices and were quite exited to be moving on from prayers to Isha and into actual spellcraft, Fiondel was perhaps a little short of being one-thousand years of age and was extremely interested in magical theory and research this day he wore simple white robes under a dark green cloak, his hair was dark brown and his face was stern but not unkind. While one of the apprentices was attempting to sustain a small flame the door of the hall opened and Fiondel noted a strange elf standing in the doorway. His hair, long enough to reach his shoulder, was pure white and his eyes were of a deep blue, he had the airs of an elf of immense age but showed no signs, even though the signs appearing on the elves are few, of being aged at all. He wore white robes gathered by by a belt from which hung a number of pouches and vials, over this he had a cloak of a purplish blue which had a group of white feathers on either shoulder. On his head he wore a simple circlet of silver adorned with a single emerald, he carried a short staff of smooth and pale wood adorned with a round crystal which seemed to be full of some for of colour changing fog. He was also armed with a sword, slightly leaf bladed and engraved with elvish script, in its pommel and hilt were set emeralds. However none of these things intrigued Fiondel as much as the amulet and ring he wore, both made of emerald but in the shape of a symbol, and the feeling of cold which radiated from the elf. As Fiondel struggled to work out how an elf bearing that ring could be standing there, Kraviel, an exceedingly old elf who nowadays did more administrative duties then instructing entered the room and upon seeing the elf would have fallen over if two of the apprentices had not quickly supported him, and with that the elf in the doorway spoke with a voice surprisingly warm and pleasant "Greetings!" as he walked towards the two mages.

As he walked through the young elves many excitedly whispered, noticing his sword one of the few weapons of the days of Anerion which, just like the prince who bore it had been missing since the days of Bel-Shannar. This led the apprentices and Fiondel to wonder if this was truly the Prince Laicamir or if somebody, perhaps one of his sisters descendants had found his sword. However Kraviel had no doubt as to the elf's identity only how he could be standing in front of him, still alive at an age surpassing six-thousand. Kraviel himself was much older than most elves lived to being born quite soon before the sundering, most put it down to the fact that he was a mage of great power and had spent most of his life studding the lore of life, his favourite of the lores of magic, today he wore a pleasant robe of light green and a plain golden circlet, his face showed the few signs of ageing that the elves ever experience. Then Laicamir spoke "Archmage Kraviel I have not seen you since you were but an elfling and there are many things I would discuss with you and Archmage Fiondel here", Fiondel was mystified as to how this visitor already knew his name and station, Kraviel answered "Yes of course, I am amazed you are here no elf has seen you in many a millennia". Laicamir who was at that point showing one struggling apprentice a technique to maintain a flame answered "Yes but first I need to ask you something of the utmost importance", "What is that" asked Fiondel curiously, "Well" said Laicamir "I would like to inquire as to the location of something that was delivered to this tower many years ago, my stockpile, of tea".

After giving a surprisingly vigorous laugh for one his of his age Kraviel spoke "I remember how my father told me stories of how you were the only mage insane enough to awaken a dragon only to use it to fly to Cathay just to get leaves which you mix with water and drink". "Well" said Laicamir, suddenly serious "Where is it". Kraviel suddenly looking quite nervous replied "Well we received a crate which was for somebody who we presumed long dead, we sort of, well, drank it". The howl of fury that was then let loose by Laicamir was immense, his skin seemed to take on a slight glow as the air around him grew freezing. Then he was calm and almost painfully said "No matter, I will just have to use some of this old stuff", indicating to a pouch on his belt. Kraviel looked visibly relived while Fiondel and many of the students recalled and old sapherion folk tale from the time of Bel-Shannar concerning a powerful mage, a 'strange hot beverage', and an arrogant caledorian who after spilling said beverage on the mages robes was transmuted into a cabbage.

Kraviel quickly summoned one of the other instructors to continue Fiondel's lesson and the three mages walked towards Kraviel's office. On the way they met Loremaster Aladeana who he bade follow them. Once in the office Laicamir waster not time beginning to make his beloved tea in his alchemical flasks using a silver flame which he had summoned. Aladeana spoke "Surely you are not the true bearer of that ring and sword", sending a glance to Kraviel who then spoke "Yes this indeed the Prince Laicamir". At these words Aladeana bowed before him and said "Then you are most welcome to the tower, but if I may ask how is it that you still live". "I suppose I should explain that at some point but first let us enjoy some tea" Laicamir said perhaps a little overzealously. Kraviel gladly took one of the glasses that he had produced from a rather small pouch on his belt, Fiondel took his with a gaze of scepticism. Aladeana took hers very happily, not that she would ever tell him but the pilfering of his 'tea stockpile' had been authorised by her. Aladeana was one of the younger Loremasters and while a very potent mage was not very well suited to warfare thus she was one of the few who was still at the tower in between rumours of a strange beast in nearby mountains and a possible dark elf raid had draw most of the other lormasters away from the tower, her hair was black and she wore white robes and a cloak of light move. Drink 3 cups of tea before the others barley had time to take a sip Laicamir began to recount how it was that he was now here.

"Well as Kraviel would know I come from Tiranoc" began Laicamir "My castle is situated up on a plateau in the mountains where it is quite nice and cold" he pauses briefly as he pleasantly recalls the cold climate of his home, he loved it, most elves would be crying out for the warmest coats available. "Well as the sundering was beginning I began to attempt a spell much like those that the dark elven wizards devised to preserve my castle and my people but the magical unbalance at that time caused me to miscast my spell and I was sealed within a large cube of Ice within my basement". Drinking another cup of tea Laicamir continues his story oblivious to the amusement of Kraviel and Aladeana or the disbelieving gaze, "I could still think all those years and managed to create a mental focus with the waystones so that I could keep track of what was happening even if I could do nothing to assist. Then not four weeks ago my sister's great grandchild discovered the location of my old castle and while examining the place which he seemed to believe was now his, he inadvertently released me, scared him quite a bit when the frozen guard and me came out of that old dungeon, very amusing". As his story drew to a close the other elves immediately said;
"That does not explain why you are not aged" said Fiondel amazed
"How did your tea create get hear" asked Aladeana, earning a disproving gaze from Fiondel.

"Well" said Laicamir "I believe the reason I have hardly aged at all is due to a spell I found which would supposedly allow one to live until slain", "Truly" gasped Kraviel. "I'm not sure, after being frozen for so long I have no idea what I did with the incantation, now to answer the second question, as my great grandnephew was cleaning out 'his' new residence he decided to send many of my old things here, he no doubt thought me dead and that you may have a use for them, that is the reason I am here".

Two days later all of Laicamir's old things were loaded onto the back of his pegasus minus his tea and his favourite old cloak, it was of a beautiful silver colour and unknown to the others had been given as a gift by Aladeana to a senior lormaster. Laicamir said goodbye to his colleges and began to recite a spell, it was at this point the other mages realised that his pegasus had already began to flow back to the harbour and his ship back to Tiranoc. However before the could point this out Laicamir finished his incantation and the feathers on his cloak burst into brilliant white wings and as he flew off to the harbour waving, the mages just stared for some time in astonishment.

Lantrinal watched his great granduncle's ship sail into harbour, and cursed his luck, of all the long dead family members that could have claimed his castle from him it had to be an eccentric old mage, not one of the great strategists of noble tiranoci warriors from his line but some insane loremaster who downright refused to summon any fire to warn up the freezing castle.
Last edited by Laicamir on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: A Brief Summary of the Life of Prince Laicamir

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

He locked himself in ice, hilarious, silly Tiranocians...
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Laicamir

#3 Post by Laicamir »

Thank You.
It was either that or accidently becoming a tree.
I just realised how many errors this has I shall fix them now.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#4 Post by Aicanor »

Eccentric story for sure. :D Luckily Laicamir likes the cold. Elsewhere he could be unfrozen so much earlier... :lol:
And all the talk about tea! Few thousand years old blend, even with all the magic... did his miscast affect it as well? Anyway, I had to go and make some while reading (does it make me an addict?).
Laicamir

#5 Post by Laicamir »

Well originally there was no tea but a combination of me drinking tea, my profile picture and lack of sleep kind of filled the originally serious backstory with it. :)
Laicamir

#6 Post by Laicamir »

I wrote the story about the caledorian whom was transmuted to cabbage :lol: :twisted: :lol:
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40570