The Darkest Day

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

ZT Strike

The Darkest Day

#1 Post by ZT Strike »

Chapter I

"Insulate Worm!" Yells an Elven woman. "How many times must you fail even the most simple of tasks?"
"I'm sorry mistress, I try my best." Says a young Elven Woman
"Your best? If this is your best you are beyond worthless!"
"I'm sorry mistress, I will try harder."
"No there will be no more trying for you! Guards, take her and throw her into the caldron. If she can't be useful in service, she will be useful in death!"
Two male guards run to the young elven woman. They grab her, and begin pulling her toward a massive caldron in the center of the room. Acting violently and desperately, the woman shouts: "Please my mistress, I can do better, I will do better!"
"Its too late for your poor self, but I can still make great use of you. You should be happy, you are about to become part of my son's greatest moment."
Screaming and fighting all the way, the young elf fights the best she can. However, it is not nearly enough. She is thrown into the caldron, and melted alive in the pool of dark magic.
"Now, to end these accursed days we will finish our great work! Bring me one thousand animal sacrifices and one hundred of those human monkeys to be thrown in. Soon vengeance will finally be at hand!"

To be continued.....
Last edited by ZT Strike on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
-ZT Strike
Sea Guard of Eataine - Asur
Corsair of Karond Kar - Druchii
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The Darkest Day

#2 Post by Elithmar »

Hmm, interesting. Try to check your spelling though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. Bit of a cliche, this bit, but I wonder if you can pull it off.

I take it these are Druchii, not Asur? ;)
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
ZT Strike

#3 Post by ZT Strike »

I'm not the best speller in the world, especially if you happen to be a citizen of the commonwealth.

This was just meant to get people's attention, am about to finish chapter I.

Who the people are in question is up to guess, but you will find out soon. It will be a great surprise!
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike

#4 Post by ZT Strike »

... continuing from the opening.

The sun shines upon the forests of Saphery in most days. Like many days before, the sun shines brightly. In the forest, birds fly and chirp, bees fly and make honey, and lekars jump and fly from tree to tree. Below the trees stands a young male elf. He a practicing mage, is focusing his energy in an attempt to purify his magic. For most, all is quite.

BOOM!

"Woops" says the young elf as he collects what just happened.
"Dang, I did it again" as the realization sinks in that he failed once more to achieve what he has been practicing for the past year.
"I hope the High Mage doesn't find out" he then thinks. Before he can begin to collect himself to start again he hears a number of footsteps racing toward him. He turns around to find two of this fellow students and a High Mage running toward him.
"Damn"
"You did it again, didn't you?" says the High Mage.
"I'm sorry sir" in reply.
"You have only been here for just over a year, and since then you have destroyed over ten square acres of this beautiful forest."
"I know sir, I can't get good control over my energy."
"I noticed, I'm the one that usually repairs the damage."
"I hope that soon you won't have to repair anymore damage sir."
"Well, it is good practice for my magic, and no real harm done. However, I think its time we try something new."
"New sir?"
"You are defiantly special, I think its time we seek the help of someone more experienced than me."
"Who did you have in mind sir? One of the Elders?"
"No, I'm actually thinking the Master."
"The Master! I don't think the likes of me is needed for the attention of the Master."
"Well, most cases I would not think of such, but I think he would be best for you."
"If that is what you think sir, I will go."
With that, the elves set off toward the great white tower. After about five minutes of walking they reach the entrance of the tower and proceed in. Inside is the worlds largest library. Books upon books, shelves upon shelves, that tower for almost half a mile high. In the center of the tower is a great marble staircase. The elves, just the young elf and the High Mage now begin the long journey that is ascending the stairs to the top. They pass floor after floor, floors loaded with massive shelves, which are filled with books, scrolls, and parchments from across the world. Over Five Thousand years of knowledge stored in one building. After almost an hour of stepping from step to another, the two elves reach the top. Here they come upon a great chamber, filled with not only the usual shelves with books but also vast potion kits and piles of herbs. To the untrained eye, nothing but a huge mess of things. Approaching, the center of the camber the two elves stop. The High Mage then takes his staff and hits the hilt of it on the floor three times.
"Master! I request your attention." shouts the High Mage. At first, there is no reply, but after a few seconds in a broken voice "just~one moment" is heard. About a min later a middle-aged looking elf appears from behind a nearby bookshelf. As he comes closer he continues to drink of kind of unknown potion. Before he gets to the two elves, the young one notices how short and pale he is. Being somewhat shorter than the average elf, and as pale as the white of the Lions of Chrace, he is easily noticeable.
"Master, I bring young Aerious before you to seek your wisdom." says the High Mage.
"What did you have in mind Kouris?" The Elf replies.
"This young elf is having great problems controlling his energy. He is the one I brought up the last time I talked with you."
"I understand. I apologize young Aerious, this is the first time we have actually meet and you only know me as Master. I am Teclis, and this is my chamber."
"A very interesting place you have here. May I ask what the potion was for?"
"I will tell you in time. Kouris, please leave him with me. I think I can help you."
"Thank you master." Then the High Mage set back down the stairs.
"You asked what the potion was for yes?"
"Yes sir I did."
"I don't like sir, master is fine. The potion is for my body, I was born cursed, and I am afraid I don't have many years left."
"What do you mean master? How where you born cursed?"
"I was born cursed by the actions of one of my great ancestors. The curse has made my body weak and frail. Even with the strongest of potions, I don't think my body can hold out for many more years."
"You are dying master?"
"In a way, yes. However do not concern yourself with that. All will be taken care of."
"That's horrible! You are the greatest mage who has ever lived!"
"Maybe, but I will not be the greatest mage to ever live."
"How do you know that?"
"Because I know of a young elf that is far more powerful than I."
"Do I know this elf?"
"Maybe, but that's for you to decide."
"I'm sorry, but I don't understand."
"I'm sure you will in time. Speaking of which, come with me. We have some things to do."
"Yes master." With that, Teclis grabbed a few things, the noticeable one being a large staff. Then he began heading toward the stairs. The young Aerious then followed and they both began down the staircase.
Last edited by ZT Strike on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike

#5 Post by ZT Strike »

I guess no one likes chapter I?
-ZT Strike
Larose
Chronicler

#6 Post by Larose »

Um well your story totally contradicts the way telcis is portrayed in the warhammer books like defenders of Ulthuan and sons of Ellyrion BUT I'm am totally supportive of everyone's personal fluff and view of the crazy warhammer world. As im sure my story isn't the most accurate either.

Though isn't it his staff that keeps him strong and fit? Maybe it's losing it's power? Whatever the case write more! Develop the characters and give us a story :mrgreen:
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
ZT Strike

#7 Post by ZT Strike »

In other stories its the potions and the staff that keep him going, which I was going to get into more detail in with Chapter II when he helps train the boy. They reason he is dying is because the staff and potions still can't fight the force of Nature. Teclis is cursed and try and he might no potion or magic is going to keep him from dying at some point. This also goes into part of the idea that the Era is going o change. The High Elves are dying and I help show that through Teclis. Its what happens along the way that changes destiny.
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike

#8 Post by ZT Strike »

Chapter II

The brown and red leaves fall to the ground in the thousands. In this land of great beauty the effects of what would resemble fall engulf the region. As the leaves fall, a couple enjoy a outdoor lunch while enjoying the fresh air.
"Its nice the enjoy things as just ourselves" says the elven woman.
"It is very difficult is be alone sometimes. Especially when your servants insist they stay nearby" says the elven man.
"I know they are a bit of a bother, but they mean only the best."
"Of course they do, as any other elf would for you. Its just a bit too far."
"Well I suppose it maybe with you here with me. You are the best warrior in the world."
"You know it! I will always be there to protect you from danger."
"I know you will, but if something were to ever happen we can always wait for Teclis to come save us again" she says with a slight laugh.
"That's not funny. My brother is strong but I can take care of you better than any other."
"I know you will, and being there for me is all I can ask."
"You know you can always whatever you need."
"I know I can, but all I ask for is you."
"Well, I'm not going anywhere."
"Of course not. I do have something to bring up though.
"Yes what is it?"
"I know this is not something you talk about around others but I hope you would with me..."
"Well go on."
"Well, Finubar is slowing fading under the strain of the Pheniox Throne, and I think he will pass on to join Asuryan soon."
"I wasn't aware of this, but why would this effect me so personally? I will serve the next Pheniox King just as well."
"That's what I was getting at, If it came to it would you accept the Pheniox Throne?"
"Such talk is unnecessary and veil! I do what my King and you order me to, nothing more."
"Yes you do, but this is important! I need to know if you will do what is needed if the time comes."
"I will do what is asked of me, that is all. Now we will speak no more on this."
"Very well."

"Wow! It's so impressive father!" Yells a young elven boy.
"Yes it is my son, one of the greatest sights one can see in life." A Elven man says in reply.
"That tower is so big, and the ocean seems like it flows to this very spot!"
"In a way it does, the tides more a lot of water here."
"Its like we are entering a whole new world."
"From what you are used to, we are. Crew, we are arriving at port, get to stations!"
"Is there other places like this?"
"There are many great places in this world, but none like the straights of Lothern my son."
Indeed the fathers words are true. The world is vast but there is no place like the fabled Straights. Many ships come through here every day, and the ship this father and son are on is just one of many. Its midday and the sun is directly over the guardian tower. The tower is a huge structure build on an island in the middle of the straights. It is the gateway into the inner sea and the primary defense of the port of Lothern. For the last 500 years, the city has grown in size and splendor. Once a small fishing village, its is now the biggest and most prosperous port in the whole world. It is also home to the current Pheniox King and his throne. While one of many great elven cites it is one unto itself.
"Do they have good food here?" The young boy says.
"They have every kind of food in the world here, anything you could want." Replies the father.
"Can we try something new?"
"What fun would it be if we didn't?"
The boat they are on is a merchant ship about 300 feet long. Its named Kathou, and has been at see for over 50 years. Its been battered and busted by the most powerful of storms, and cruised the flattest of seas. Its a light draft speed ship, built to cross the globe in 21 days on the average trip. While not usually used for globe trotting, it usually is carrying cargo that is in needed within a short time. Things like rare medicines and political messages. These typically bring in a lot of Suri (Asur money) for the crew. Today is no exception as for today they are carrying letters to the Phoenix King and royal accountants of colonial holdings. It also is carrying an assortment of rare gems, medicine, and spices. All of which will bring in about three months average pay to the common Asur.
An older elf comes closer to the father and says: "Captain, we are ready to enter port."
"Very good, we can be docked in time for dinner and a good nights sleep." He says in reply.
"Its a very nice day to come in isn't it?"
"Yes indeed it is, looks like smooth sailing."
-ZT Strike
ZT Strike

#9 Post by ZT Strike »

Need to work on my presentation and dialog, but what do you all think?
-ZT Strike
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#10 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

The dialogue works well but there isn't much else there ^_^'
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]