The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar

#1 Post by Elithmar »

I've been thinking about writing my own tales about my characters recently, and after Headshot complained that hardly anyone writes in this section of the forum anymore, I knew that I just had to.

It'll help if you read the fluffy parts in this first.

I'd like to improve my writing, so please criticise. Just don't be too unkind, though I do want to improve, so don't go all soft. Just get the right balance ;) .

I won't have much time to update this, as I have school, Sentinels of Shadows fluff reports to write, my own novel to write, and painting, but I'll make an effort now and then to keep the story going. :wink: :D

Anyway, enough talk; here it is:

Late Autumn, Imperial Year 2537

Elithmar slept in the bedroom directly above the great hall. It was large, but not huge. A four-poster bed stood proudly in the middle of the room and against the wall, dwarfing all of the other furniture. There was also a cupboard and a table in the corner, but not much else besides – the prince preferred to waste his money on other delights.

The walls were painted to imitate the seascape outside, as was the ceiling and the floor. It had been done by the most skilled artists in Lothern, and was so lifelike that one could almost imagine that one was actually outside, standing on top of the blue-green waves.

A mobile, consisting of a dolphin, a hippocampus, a sea drake, and a sea-gle, hung above his bed, lovingly crafted for him by his dear mother. She had made it for him when he was a baby, and he could not bear to get rid of it. It aided him in getting to sleep, some nights, as he would watch the familiar shapes drifting lazily around, and around, always around…

In fact, on the very night on which our tale begins, he had observed these movements, until he settled into a dream-filled slumber. He did not hear the near-silent opening of the balcony doors, the soft pattering of an expert intruder’s feet on the painted floor, or even the rustling of robes as something was brought out of them; if he did hear these, he thought that they were part of his reverie. He did not realise, then, that the intruder had produced a dainty, blood-red phial from within a cavernous pocket. He did not realise when the intruder gently opened his mouth, removed the cork and emptied the contents into his mouth. He did not realise.

When the prince awoke, he immediately knew that something was wrong. Where were the clouds of his ceiling? Why had they been replaced by an emerald canopy? Why had the soft mattress of his bed become a leafy cushion?

Ah yes, that was why – he was in a forest. He had been to a wood not far from Lothern once. He hadn’t liked it; he was more suited to city life.

Where was this wood, though? It didn’t look like any wood on Ulthuan. They were tame, where this one was wild, and
free. It could be Avelorn, he supposed. He had never been to Avelorn.

Or was it further away even than that? There were forests in Elthin-Arvan, he had heard. Mightily wild ones too. Perhaps it could even be Athel Loren…

‘My lord, you are awake!’ this was a familiar and comforting voice – the voice of Aldris.

‘Of course I am, idiot. Where are we? Who else is here?’ he eased himself up onto his elbows.

Aldris dropped the tone of concern and sympathy. ‘Loraniel’s here too, along with Daethir. None of us know how we came to be here, but Loraniel says that we’re somewhere in Elthin-Arvan.’

‘I can tell by the stars, you see.’

‘Stars? But it’s late morning, by the looks of it,’ Elithmar countered.

She looked irritated. Who wouldn’t? ‘Yes, cousin, but
some of us woke up earlier.’

He nodded. It was too early in the morning. ‘What are we going to do then? And why, someone tell me
why, are we here?!’

No one had a chance to reply, because just at that moment a dozen tree-like women burst out from the trees. Their skin was bark; their arms were razor-sharp branches. They
didn’t look happy.

Elithmar cursed, ‘Oh-’
Last edited by Elithmar on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 38 times in total.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar

#2 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Elthin-Arvan? Isn't Giladis the Steward of Elthin Arvan, is he going to make an appearence or make this completely your own? Giladis' story is pretty good.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Headshot
Ultimate End Times Chronicler

#3 Post by Headshot »

Ooh, just found this! Nice! I especially like the prince's mobile! :D I wonder if there is a missing blankey there somewhere....

Almost makes me feel sorry for sending all those letters to the Swordmaster Captain in Hoeth.

Almost.... :wink:

Headshot
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#4 Post by Elithmar »

Yeah, he called this afternoon. Don't worry though, Elithmar was more skilled with a sword than him. ;) Ha, so much for Sword Masters. ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm wanting to write more, even though I said I didn't have much time. This can go to the top of my priorities list!
Tiralya wrote:Elthin-Arvan? Isn't Giladis the Steward of Elthin Arvan, is he going to make an appearence or make this completely your own? Giladis' story is pretty good.
Elthin-Arvan in the Old World, I think. No he's not going to make an appearance. Never knew he was Steward of the Old World though...
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#5 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

If you get time, read his army fluff, he's pretty good.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#6 Post by Elithmar »

Part II:

‘-dear.’

The Dryads came charging at them, the unstoppable might of the forest. Their bark was green, their eyes, red. Their talons ripped through the air before them, and the tatters drifted to the ground behind them.

Murder has bark, now, thought Daethir.

Loraniel prepared a mighty thunderbolt, but it would not be ready before the terrible apparitions reached them. Elithmar, seeing this, grabbed up a branch from the soft, leafy ground, and leapt in front of her. He might have had anger management problems, but he was a skilled fighter, and a ferocious one too. The Lothern Mage would not have trusted anyone more than her cousin to protect her.

They came at them, wave after wave, but they could not break past the prince. The High Helm and the Sea Master followed suit, and the Dryads were repelled even quicker. It looked as if they would never break through, but the defenders began to tire, whereas the spirits did not. Then their cruel assailants came at them from behind, a new force of them leaping out of the trees there. They would surely be overrun!

Yet they were not, for at that moment, the Storm Daughter unleashed her spell at the flanking force, leaving only smoking stumps where they had been but a second ago. The endless tide began to end then; the Dryads came less and less, until eventually, and suddenly, they stopped altogether. The prince and his lieutenants dropped like felled trees to the ground, utterly exhausted. The Mage, being of the feminine persuasion, carefully and gracefully lowered herself to the ground next to them.

‘Can we do that again?’ Daethir muttered, and fell under sleep’s sweet spell.

The others soon followed.

An elf, shrouded by a dark green, leaf covered cloak, crept into the glade in which they were resting. He was exceptionally good at this, having spent three centuries refining the skill. He came to each of them in turn, studied them in great detail – enough, in fact, that he could easily have recalled every last detail about them afterwards – before gesturing to others just past the tree line.

The others, similarly dressed, stalked to his side, and each picked up one of the sleepers. They carried them so gently, and so smooth was the journey, that none of them awoke on that short trip.

They soon came to another glade, one that they knew very well; they knew it
better than the backs of their hands. Here they put down their cargos, and, at the silent signal of another elf, left.

This other elf was also dressed like them, with a large hood hiding his face. One thing about it was apparent though: out of the left side of his head grew branches and twigs; it was covered in bark, not unlike a Dryad’s. His other side was quite normal, apart from his eyes, which both glowed blood-red in the gloom, eerily lighting up his deformed features. Furthermore, the limbs on his left side resembled branches.

At the click of his fingers, his guests were roused from their reveries. They looked about, confused, before their eyes finally settled on the tree-elf. He began to chant:

‘I am the guardian of the deep forest, ever watchful.

‘I am the guardian of the trees, ever ready to strike.

‘I am the guardian of Athel Loren.

‘I am Tirral’yon the Guardian.

‘You are my prisoners.’

Tirral'yon the Guardian is one of my Wood Elf characters, and my character is he in the Sentinels of Shadows campaign.
Last edited by Elithmar on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#7 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Oh wow, your description of the tree elf was well done, I loved his little chant. Does he always speak in sing-song, that would be cool.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#8 Post by Elithmar »

Aye, that's the plan. :)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#9 Post by Elithmar »

A little (it is short!) side story here:

Prince Elithmar was rich; so were many in Lothern. He had made his fortune by trade, and so he could be called a ‘merchant prince’. Lothern was the centre of merchant trade in Ulthuan, which was what prompted him to become this ‘merchant prince’. He traded with the Old World; he traded with Cathay; he traded with Nippon, Lustria, Ind, and Araby. However, since his father, Arnarion, had died and Elithmar had become prince, he had lost interest in his business. It was left to Sarnellion, an old and wizened Eatainian, to make sure that a steady stream of money was kept flowing, to satisfy all of Elithmar’s…wants.

Sarnellion was short for an elf, and far less handsome than the usual Asur. He had a hunched back, silver hair, and terribly short eyesight from peering at countless coins in a dark room. Therefore he wore spectacles, as a human might.

At the same time that Elithmar was meeting the mysterious Asrai Lord, Sarnellion was at his desk, sifting through piles of coins.

‘Argh, I do wish those fools would only put coins of the same type into the same bags! Look here – a golden coin in with the silver!’ he muttered.

The piles of gold, silver, copper, ithilmar, and gromril (mainly gold!), were neatly stacked in fives, and the piles were all neatly organised into fours. That was another thing that annoyed Sarnellion – others not putting their coins into piles.

Elithmar’s business ran as smoothly as when he had run it. The same extraordinarily large amounts of money came in, too. All because of Sarnellion - an unsung hero…
Last edited by Elithmar on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#10 Post by Elithmar »

‘Prisoners? Ha!’ Elithmar said, standing up. He spat at ‘the Guardian’. ‘Who do you think you are, Asrai?’

‘The Seaside Prince taunts.

‘And yet he is in no position to taunt.

‘He is the captive of the Guardian Lord.

‘And yet he-’

‘-yes, yes, we get the idea!’ he interrupted the chanting. ‘Why do you do that, anyway? Is there something wrong with you?’

The Asrai brought his hand down in a signal to a hidden watcher in the trees surrounding the clearing. A black shafted arrow almost instantly appeared just next to Elithmar’s left foot, barely inches away.

‘Bad shot,’ Elithmar muttered.

‘Next time, Asur, the target will be your head. I do not advise underestimating Daereth’s aim,’ Tirral’yon almost looked smug.

Elithmar leant over to Aldris, but made sure that his ‘captor’ could hear him. ‘At least he stopped the chanting.’

‘Enough of this - follow me.’ The Deepwood Lord started off into the forest, and his captives, grudgingly, followed him.

The forest was in Autumn, the trees all in gold, ruby, ochre, and fiery orange, the ground littered with leaves of these colours, all at different stages of decomposition. It was almost dusk, a surprising fact, considering that it had been morning when the companions had fallen into their slumbers. Ghost lights hung beneath the sparse canopy above, illuminating the pathway with eerie white light.

It seemed like hours passed before Tirral’yon let them stop, but in reality it was probably only a couple of minutes. They stood at the edge of a small valley, free of trees, though they grew right up to the cliffs on either side of it. A brook gurgled happily past the rocks, and faded away into the distance.

Of course, as it was nighttime, they could see little of this. All they heard was the stream, and they saw the vague shape of the dell.

‘We shall pass around the edge of Arahin Gorge,’ said their host.

He led them around the left side, as he had said, too close to the edge for Loraniel’s liking. Only once did she slip, but Elithmar was there to, perhaps grudgingly, save her.

As they continued on after leaving Arahin Gorge, the trees began to change to pines. The lovely, soft smell of pine needles swept down at them. As you might have guessed, Elithmar didn’t like it – he preferred the strong, salty smell, which was carried to you on the wind, off the sea.

‘Where are we going,
maestro?’ he queried.

The Highborn Waywatcher stopped, and turned one hundred and eighty degrees to face him. ‘The Pine Crags,’ was his simple answer.

‘Unfortunately, my topographical knowledge of Athel Loren is limited. Care to expand on that? For example: how far away are these crags?’

‘Your knowledge is limited, full stop,’ Tirral’yon retorted.

Aldris answered for him, before a fight broke out. ‘I believe there are secret pathways in the forest, only know to the Asrai. ‘A five mile journey might take a year or a hundred miles be travelled in an hour…’*.’

Elithmar seemed confused, but at least he wasn’t angry (correction: at least he wasn’t
angrier than usual). ‘So how long will the journey take?’

‘I know the pathways well, Asur. It will take less than ten minutes, if we do not stop to discuss geographical issues again.’

Elithmar seemed to make up his mind. ‘Let us carry on, then!’

Enjoy!! ;)

*See my quote from the Wood Elf Army Book there? ;) (Pg. 49)
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#11 Post by Elithmar »

A preview of what's to come ;) :

THE PINE CRAGS!

(Yes, okay, I know there aren't any pines there, but they grow on different crags in the Pine Crags. ;) )
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#12 Post by Elithmar »

Winter, Imperial Year 2537/2538

It’s been two weeks since our ‘host’ brought us to the Crags. Two weeks of boredom, and dreadful weather.

I mean, I’m used to bad weather – we get plenty of that in Lothern – but it snows here, and the winds are so strong. Yesterday I went for a little walk, and almost got blown over the edge of a crag! Why can’t Loraniel calm the weather, anyway? I’ll have to ask her about it. No, scrap that, I’ll have to
order her to do it. I’m an Asur Prince, for goodness sakes; I don’t ask people things!

What’s Tirral’yon playing at, anyway? A couple of days ago, I asked him that exact question. You know what he said? ‘I’m thinking’. How long does it take for him to think? He must have a
really slow thoughts process!

How I long to be back home again, to see Maelthron, and to lie under my mobile again, to watch its little shapes tumbling through space, those oh so familiar shapes…

Can Tirral’yon not just dismiss us and send us on our way with a pack of fresh food and a pat on the back? Why does he keep us here? Why are we here anyway – who brought us here? Argh, so many questions, but no answers!

I see Daethir sitting by the edge of the crag I’m currently on, and go over to him.

‘My lord,’ he nods to me.

‘Daethir, whatever shall we do?’ I sit down next to him and sigh.

He seems surprised by the friendliness in my voice. Idiot.

He shakes his head. ‘I have not a clue, sir, but I do wish we could be back in Lothern. I have a wife, you know. We just got married last year, and I am beginning to think that I shall never see her again.’ He does not cry, as some might – he’s a soldier, after all – but he picks up a stone from beside him and throws it, with all the force he can muster, over the edge. There’s a muffled yelp of pain from below.

I don’t know what to say. I’m not married. What does one say in answer to questions like this? Is there a book on this sort of situation? Well, I’m not much of a reader anyway.

‘Well, look on the bright side – the worst that could happen is that you’ll never see her again.’ Okay, not the best response.

He looks even glummer. ‘Thank you, sir, I think I’ll just go and…collect some firewood.’ He gets up and leaves.

Whoops.

So, with nothing else to do, I set about concocting a plan. A cunning plan. Yes, I’m good at those; I’m good at most things.

Right, I’ve been thinking for at least two hours, and I’ve come up with nothing but…pray to Asuryan that somebody comes on a rescue mission.

I hope he hears my prayers.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Elithmar on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#13 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I like your Prince, he got dropped on his head at birth didn't he =P
Larose
Chronicler

#14 Post by Larose »

Um quote. --- There’s a muffled yelp of pain from below.---

Lmao who did he hit? Haha keep it comin :D
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#15 Post by Elithmar »

Tiralya wrote:I like your Prince, he got dropped on his head at birth didn't he =P
Twice! ;)
Larose wrote:Um quote. --- There’s a muffled yelp of pain from below.---

Lmao who did he hit? Haha keep it comin :D
Ah, you'll find out... ;)

Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate the support.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#16 Post by Elithmar »

The next part!

The one the Asrai call Daereth stumbles past me, clutching at the top of his head. I wonder why he is doing that?

I am standing on a grassy slope, dwarfed by the crag to the North of it. Loraniel is over to the left of me, resting on the grass. I was looking out across the forest of Loren, but now that the sight of Daereth staggering away has roused me from my thoughts, I decide to go over and talk with her for a while. There doesn’t seem much else to do.

She opens one eye as I approach. ‘Yes?’ she asks, tetchily.

It seems that all of the Sea Prince’s family are the same.

‘I just wish to talk for a while, if you will allow me?’

‘Ugh, I suppose so.’ She sits up and turns her full attention to me. ‘Well?’

I wish I could be talking to Daethir now. At least he is pleasant. It looks like I shan’t get a decent conversation out of Loraniel, so I quickly think up a convincing excuse. ‘I was just going to show you a rare avian I just saw, but it seems that it has flown off now, so I shan’t keep you any longer.’ Rare avian? What sort of an excuse was that?

She scowls, and says, ‘You had better not keep me any longer.’ With that, she drops back on to the grass and firmly clamps her eyes shut.

Really! Good manners cost nothing.

Searching about for something else to do, I spy Daethir gracefully descending the rock face. As he reaches the bottom, I am already there to meet him.

‘Daethir,’ I greet him.

‘Aldris,’ he does likewise.

I frown – he looks sad. ‘Is something the matter?’

‘No, no!’ he replies, rather too quickly. Realising this, he elaborates. ‘I was just talking with the Sea Prince, that was all.’

My frown deepens. ‘What did he do this time?’ I whisper, making sure that Loraniel cannot hear.

‘Nothing! I don’t know what you’re talking about!’ he squeaks. I thought so. You see, he always squeaks when he’s lying.

‘Okay then,’ I decide to pursue the topic no further; he obviously doesn’t want to talk.

‘Well, I suppose I’d better be collecting some firewood.’ He leaves without another word.

Yeah right, like I haven’t heard that one before.
Larose
Chronicler

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar (17.12.2011)

#17 Post by Larose »

No he's obviously trying to find the guy Who tossed the rock lol [-X I wonder what secret he hides :-k

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#18 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I like the first person writing style.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#19 Post by Elithmar »

Larose wrote:No he's obviously trying to find the guy Who tossed the rock lol [-X I wonder what secret he hides :-k
I don't quite understand what you're talking about.
Tiralya wrote:I like the first person writing style.
So do I! It allows me to easily explore the different characters and how they think. What do you think about the fact that it's in the present tense too?

I've added some dates from the Imperial calendar. All of these parts are in the Imperial year 2538. That's so that Animosity Six, which is going to be in 2539, is one year after this. I'll post how Elithmar gets on in it here. ;)
Larose
Chronicler

#20 Post by Larose »

Crap I forgot to quote the story lol it was in regards to When Elithmar asks Daethir If something's wrong, And I was trying to imply that nothing was wrong, as he's just trying to find the guy who threw the rock lol.

Yes I realize that post did not make much sense :lol: :?

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#21 Post by Elithmar »

Umm, Daethir threw the rock. :? Anyway!

The snow covered everywhere; a pure white fist, grasping the land tightly. The cold was absolute and the wind was deadly. Elithmar hated it.

'Lothern would be warm this time of year. It's always warm in the Winter. Practically tropical.' He thought about this. 'Actually, it wouldn't be. It'd be just as cold.'

Loraniel sneered. 'Can't you tell hot from cold,
O wondrous and wise cousin?'

Elithmar looked up, and threw her a look full of daggers and other sharp implements. 'Someone throw her off a crag,' he growled.

Aldris shook his head. 'I am terribly sorry, Lord, but I fear Daethir would catch her.' He treated the young Sea Master to an evil wink.

'Oh? What's this then?' Elithmar sounded interested. That was unusual. The only things that usually interested him were the young elven girls of his court and passing Chracian Princesses.

Daethir looked helpless, and shot Aldris a look even more filthy than a rat-man.

The Tempest Lord began to look annoyed at the lack of answer, and was about to say something which he no doubt thought was extremely witty, when a dishevelled Nagarathi girl came running to them.

'Prince Elithmar?' she called to them as she halted.

The Prince in question nodded at her with vague interest. 'That's me.'

'I come from the Host of the Shadow Lord. He has come to rescue you!' She did not add how reluctant he or his companions were.

'I notice that you did not bow as you entered my presence. Why?'

She in turn ignored him. 'I have just escaped from the clutches of the fey folk of this forest. They captured me upon entering Loren. You must come quickly. The others should not be far off now.'

'I might quite like to stay here and-'

He did not complete his sentence, as the sounds of battle reached his ears.

'Then again,' he began slowly. 'I would like to see Eataine again.

He reached a decision, and rose to his feet.

'Lead on, Nagarathi scum.'

To read more about the battle/pre/post battle, go to Headshot's thread.
Larose
Chronicler

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar (26.12.2011)

#22 Post by Larose »

He did :shock: ? I'm gunna have to re read that lmao I may be confused #-o keep it comin! More more more :twisted:

Nagarathi scum? Lol well he definitely has a funny way of Talking to his rescuers :wink:

Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#23 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

He's a Prince, from Lothern...
Larose
Chronicler

#24 Post by Larose »

That is true Tiralya :p

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#25 Post by Elithmar »

Yeah, he doesn't really respect anyone apart from himself. ;)

He has an ego bigger than Ulthuan.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#26 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

It gives him an edge, I like it.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#27 Post by Elithmar »

Here's a bit of a disappointment if you thought you were getting a story part. The thing is that I've got some great fluff plans that I'm itching to get on to so this is just to bring it up to date.

The battle was won by the Tempest Lord's Nagarathi rescuers, and he and his companions were taken back to Lothern on the Host's ship. The journey passed without too much happening, though Elithmar did make rather a few enemies. Oh, and he gained a broken nose from the Chracian Princess.

Anyway, the Shadow Lord and his Host were glad to be rid of him when they returned him to Lothern.

There was a rather unfortunate surprise waiting for Prince Elithmar in Lothern, though...
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar (29.12.2011)

#28 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

A pile of paperwork? =P
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar (29.12.2011)

#29 Post by Elithmar »

Something more sinister than that. Mwahahahahahaha! ;)

Sorry about that. ;)

So, after the battle, in Athel Loren:

Tirral'yon stumbled through the undergrowth. He was usually so light on his feet, as all Waywatchers are. He could sneak through the forest mere inches away from the enemy, and still not be noticed. Not now though. Not since the arrow.

That damned Nagarathi, with his flashy bow, and cursed arrows. The magic was acting as poison, seeping through his body from the wound, tainting all it met.

Reaching a clearing, he collapsed on to the grass. He had not the energy to go on. He felt his life force drifting away, as if on the wind.

There was nothing left in this life for him. Mereth was gone, as was Daereth. Most of his warband, too.

Reaching this decision, he closed his eyes and let the arrow do its work. He fell as if to sleep, but never woke again. His spirit was released from the prison of his body. It flew up, to who knows where, but instead of reaching its destination, it became caught in the branches of a nearby tree. The spirit entered the tree, perhaps gladly but perhaps not, and joined with the spirit of the great tree.

The Treeman Terralon opened his eyes for the first time. He blinked in the sunlight, then focussed on a point far away. Terralon was not happy.

He had a grudge to settle.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

Re: The Adventures of the dashing Prince Elithmar (29.12.201

#30 Post by Elithmar »

Here's the reason, Tiralya. ;)

Elithmar took his time riding his gilded chariot back through the streets of Lothern to his palace, like a victorious war hero. He wanted everyone to know that he was back.

As he made his way along the streets, all of the elves by the side of the road stopped what they were doing to stare, and the ones inside either leant out of the windows or even came out to line the streets. 

Naturally, the Prince loved the attention. He was so occupied with looking, frankly, fabulous, that he didn't even shout at anyone. And he shouted A LOT.

He finally reached the palace and, after disembarking his chariot, he entering that impressive edifice. The absence of noise and activity immediately struck him. Then again, he reassured himself, he had been away for so long (he had first met Tirral'yon in the Autumn, and it was the end of Winter when he got back to Eataine) that there was bound to be less activity. Still, something seemed wrong. 

He reached the grand doors of the great hall (the gold on the doors was fake, he had to admit). At least the girls would be there. They would have been so worried. But they'd enjoy his tales. Ah yes, about those. Some would have to be changed slightly, of course. He wasn't caught easily. No, it took them a thousand warriors and several Treemen! He couldn't have been rescued by Nagarathi either. He escaped himself, fending off thousands more of the tribal barbarians.

Pushing open the doors, he waited for the inevitable realisation that he was back. And waited. And waited some more. Hmm. Something
was wrong. 

When he pushed the doors fully to, he realised that there was nobody there. Where had they all gone?! The only person Elithmar could think would know what had happened was Sarnellion. He would have been in the palace all of the time the Prince was gone, and he was surprisingly knowledgeable about goings on around the principality.

Therefore the young Eatainian Lord marched smartly down the corridors to Sarnellion's chamber, or 'counting house'. Without bothering to knock - one of the privilages that comes with being a Prince - Elithmar threw the doors open.

'Sarnellion,' he shouted. 'Where have all of the girls gone? What's being going on here?'

'My lord,' said he. 'I am afraid that you business has collapsed! I don't why, but all of your trade clients have sent letters saying that they have found better business elsewhere. Furthermore, your treasuries were looted a fortnight ago. I had the guard doubled, naturally, but the damage had already been done. I am afraid that there wasn't enough left to cover the upkeep of the...of your...you know.' He gave his master a knowing look. 

Elithmar looked as if he would burst. He didn't though. 'How? Who? Somebody must be behind all of this. This can't all be a coincidence. No, and by Mathlann's trident, I'll find who it is.

'I shall start by paying visits to all of my contacts. Starting with that old fool, Sethryal, in Lustria. We'll find out just why he's decided not to trade anymore.' There was an evil glint in his eyes now; Sarnellion didn't like it. 

Still planning, Elithmar left the room. Well, thought Sarnellion, at least he didn't attack me. With that happy thought, he sat down and wished he had something to count.
Last edited by Elithmar on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.