Give Peace A Chance

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Facade19

Give Peace A Chance

#1 Post by Facade19 »

They say that the dead cannot talk, that their voices do not reach the living who are consumed in their own world full of riches and luxuries. Though that might be true to some, there are those to whom the dead communicate daily, to whom the dead impart their agonies nightly.

Years have passed since those events occurred that robbed two nations of their young and beloved. A senseless drama of dead enwrapped in the tentacles of greed, lust and power. And to what avail have all those who gave their lives away parted from the living? So that yet once more we ignore their voices to please our passions, to accommodate their remembrance to a picture that suites our lifestyles better?

I was not yet born when that madness started. The war was till there when I came around. The war was there when I left it. But war has caught up to me once more. I cannot run from it. No matter where I seek shelter, no matter how far and fast I sprint away from it, it always ends up catching me. I plead with it. I beg it, “Leave me alone! Go Away!!!” It mocks me. Telling me how we humans are addicted to it. That without we cannot live. Nor function.

I was born in a war that robbed me from a homeland that has never been part of me. I was robbed from a million compatriots that died for the greed of a few, but who have left behind millions of weeping eyes. They say nations are born through wars. That through bloodshed you attain the right to stick around. But what is the kingdom of G-d really like? Does He want us to kill one another over pieces of dirt? Does He wish for us to butcher one another for black liquid? Does He care whether we adhere to a different viewpoint of Him? Is He even aware that His name is used for this?

How about we give peace truly once a chance.