Scriveners contest '10 ~CL

Have a story, then you come here.

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Tahl

Scriveners contest '10 ~CL

#1 Post by Tahl »

As some of you may know the Citizens Levy is Ulthuan.nets much famed E-zine. In the last year it has dropped off due to various commitments of the staff. So for this issue we’re going to try something different, we’re going to let you guys: the members and players of fantasy write the articles. The best articles given to us will be included and immortalised in the Levy. The runners up may even appear in later issues. So essentially this is a series of competitions, you can submit as many entries as you like and there may even be a title or two available for the various winners.
So the articles that we are looking for are:

Tactics:
An article about a particular unit (preferably High Elves). The strengths, weaknesses and the best way to play with them.

Painting:
An article with pictures of one of your painted models (or units) about how you managed to do it.

Ideas:
An article about a scenario battle that you have made.

Scrivener:
The famous Ulthuan story telling competition which needs no introduction! Simply submit a short story. There are very little rules although with one change to normal. This year points will also be given to those who consider the readership of the Levy.

An initial deadline for entries is the 22nd of Feb.

(This post is copied in every applicable forum)
Winner of the 'Best member' award Incumbent
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wraith-lord/misc/Animebanner.gif?t=1285150718[/img]
VictorK

Re: Scriveners contest '10 ~CL

#2 Post by VictorK »

What does it mean to 'consider readership of the levy'?
Elias Kalderon
Prince of Shades

#3 Post by Elias Kalderon »

Sounds like it has to be about Warhammer, preferbly about High Elves.

The deadline is February 22nd already? Ouch. What's the maximum length? Can we submit earlier entries?
[size=75]I'll think of something[/size]
Tahl

#4 Post by Tahl »

Sorry for the late replies

@VictorK:

Traditionally the contest has allowed any entry, each being judged on it's own merit. Given that the Levy is Asur.org's E-zine it would benefit more if it was part of the fantasy universe. Opposed to for example being about Somalian pirates. That is not to say that an excellent story about X wont be picked simply because it isn't about high elves. It's simply another criteria that will be judged. (once we find a judge heh)

@Elias; it was just a number picked out of thin air. If you would like more time I will happily push back the deadline :). Entries can be submitted any time before this date (and probably a little after if you contact me in advance). As for word length there's no maximum or minimum limit, although sticking with the original point of it becoming a part of the CL if you write a 90 page epic story it might fall fowl of the readership criteria.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/wraith-lord/misc/Animebanner.gif?t=1285150718[/img]
Korhain Ironglaive
Location: Ontario, NY,Yes it says Ontario, no I don't live in Canada

#5 Post by Korhain Ironglaive »

So where do we submit stories?
Sturen

#6 Post by Sturen »

PM to tahl I think
My Log - guaranteed to make your day 127% more awesome!

Also find me on Instagram: @battlestones
Tahl

#7 Post by Tahl »

Yup you can either PM me or email them to Tahl16@hotmail.com

Please point out it's a scriveners entry in the subject area, and put the title at the top of the actual page.