DAU 14 - Shifting Isles (Sign-up and OOC)

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Anarion
The White Lion

DAU 14 - Shifting Isles (Sign-up and OOC)

#1 Post by Anarion »

I'm back! But only to inject a bit of life into the RP forum for a while. Since DAU 13 never got off the ground let's skip ahead and call this DAU 14.

The setting:
Presumably we need to have some kind of setting. Let's say then that we're in the Shifting Isles. Rumors of some items of power have reached your ears. Adventurous elves from across Ulthuan have started out to find these items. You twelve are the first to reach the isolated and mostly barren spit of rock far out in the isles. However, some of you are not what you seem...

Please sign up, I'll add your names to this list as you sign up. I'm looking for about 12 players

The following people are signed up: (3/12)
1: Asurion Whitestar
2: Domine Nox
3. Cidracin

The usual rules for a DAU applies, these are for your convenience:
THE RULES AND ETIQUETTE (with a nod to EricJ, the first host):

During the game's nights, everyone who has to do so sends me an E-mail or PM. Many of you have nighttime abilities (actually you *all* do), making it crucial to be prompt with your nighttime PM's. Nights may also take a while, so please be patient and considerate of that fact.

In the "morning" inform the nights events and announce them to everyone else.

During the daytime you discuss and vote to kill someone. It is my prerogative to set a time limit on the voting; I will announce that at least 24 hours before the limit expires.

Under no circumstance are you allowed to show any E-mails/PMs from me or others. If there are questions on this, PM me FIRST. I will allow more if you ask than I will forgive if you don't. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not edit or delete your posts. Not even to fix BB Code. Not even lightning editing. Double posting is preferred. Or triple posting. Or getting it right the first time. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post invisitext. Do not post white, despite the fact that white is indeed not invisitext. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post at night. Period. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

If you wish to quit, don't be an ass and commit suicide via modkilling. PM I will find a replacement for you instead.

Please ensure that you participate regularly. Inactive players tend to be innocent asur and that makes things easy for both sides. All players MUST post at least once during each game 'day'. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GE-- (you get the idea.) You do have to post in character.

Please do not discuss this game via Instant Messenger, E-mails or IRL... (unless you are part of a group, and then only when it is night.) We can't police this, but please respect the game for everyone's sake.

If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post any information afterwards. Please respect the game for the remaining players.

If you feel the need to make OOC posts or posts after death and what you say has no bearing on the game please use the SignUp/OOC thread.

Votes must be in bold and of the format vote: Anarion. I do not care about capitalization. If you revote, an unvote for your previous vote is understood - you do not have to unvote unless you wish to refrain from voting at that time. Votes in quotes are not counted as votes.

Once a majority is reached, that person gets lynched. You may continue to discuss during twilight (while you walk home) but you may not post at night. The night arrives when a mod posts that it is night. Again, I will not be very forgiving on this AT ALL.

The person with a simple majority gets lynched. If two people have equally many votes, then I roll a dice and decide who survives, by chance.

Generally speaking a game 'night' should take no more than 24 hours and a game 'day' should take no more than 72 hours. Once 72 hours has elapsed I will typically set a 24 hour deadline. The game works best and is most fun if we all keep it moving. So please participate. That said I usually am not around on Sundays so any turn that passes through a Sunday may be longer than others.

Under no circumstances will a day end without a lynching, even if I have to specify that whoever has the most votes regardless of a majority is killed. I don't want to do that so don't force my hand. You may abstain from voting but its better for the game if you vote.

Finally, if anything is not clear or you have any questions at all, I reiterate here once and for all, please ask me by PM. Remember, its a game so have fun!
Last edited by Anarion on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Never moon a werewolf.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

Re: DAU 14 - Shifting Isles

#2 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I've played a couple of VAU over on Carpe Noctem, so I'm keen.
Do you assign characters or would you prefer we came up with our own?
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Head of the Ninth Age 'High' Elves of Light Army Support.

The Mighty Pen (App) Link coming soon
Anarion
The White Lion

#3 Post by Anarion »

I assign roles, not characters. As this is a High Elf site it makes sense for you to be High Elves (or High elves in disguise). Of course, if I assign you a role of say, Swordmaster, and you are role playing a Dragon Prince from Caledor that hardly makes sense. So I suggest you come up with your character after you know your role. Make sense?

The last DAU I ran was DAU 9. I've done a few of the others too, not sure which numbers.
Never moon a werewolf.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#4 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Cool, sounds good.
A High Elf is a must I think, or at least an Elf.
In that case though I'll leave the character profile for now.

Looking forward to this, so come on people, sign up.
:3
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

Re: DAU 14 - Shifting Isles (Sign-up and OOC)

#5 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Can I be your trusty GM-assistant again Anarion?
Anarion
The White Lion

#6 Post by Anarion »

Remind me why I need a servant again? :twisted:

(No seriously, I forget how we split it up.)
Never moon a werewolf.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#7 Post by Domine Nox »

I might be interested, but how exactly does this work? I did a cursory look through to see if I could see an explanation of exactly what this entails but there wasn't anything that elucidating.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#8 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

Well it's a role playing thread where you have your character interact with others to work out who's the spy (Druchii) in this case. At the end of each day we'll vote whom we think the traitor is, then he/she will be executed and revealed as the Druchii, if we're correct.
The Spy must remain hidden and shift accusations to someone else.
Sort of like an online Cluedo, or murder mystery. :3

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Sincerely,
Kitlith

Anarion
The White Lion

#9 Post by Anarion »

What Asurion said. In reality it's more a game than an RPG. It's the online form of the party game, of which the various names currently escape me. The players need to identify the killer, in this case the Druchii, before he/she/they eliminate the rest of the players. If they succeed in identifying they win, if not the Druchii win. Simple.

Honestly, the RP part is mostly for flavor and fun and people can exercise their writing skills and try to direct what they can. But the in game vote is the important part (and the night activity of course).
Never moon a werewolf.
Domine Nox
D3niROTCODht01

#10 Post by Domine Nox »

All right, I'll give it a go.
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48766]Nox's Painting/Modelling Log[/url]

[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60529]Nox's Battle Report Log[/url]
Anarion
The White Lion

#11 Post by Anarion »

So apparently this forum is even deader than I thought. Unless this fills up in the next week - which now seems unlikely - this probably will not happen.
Never moon a werewolf.
cidracin

#12 Post by cidracin »

I'll join up for old times sake. So count me in Anarion :D
Anarion wrote:So apparently this forum is even deader than I thought. Unless this fills up in the next week - which now seems unlikely - this probably will not happen.
Yeah its pretty dead. I've only been checking in like once a month so I missed this until today. I wonder if people still get what the RP forum is for :lol: Hopefully I'll get the signup ball rolling by joining up.
Cidracin Greyrider 12/14/3
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/cw69lwp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/bg7b4jp.gif[/img] [img]http://www.abload.de/img/v19he1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/flafam3l1.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/arhav13f.gif[/img][img]http://www.abload.de/img/s1efia.gif[/img]
Ferny
9th Age Moderator

#13 Post by Ferny »

I see these posts cos I use the 'view active topics' tab, but I wonder if folks who don't just miss the RP forum. Not sure what the answer would be, but might be (part of) the problem?
The 9th Age: Alumni

Former Roles: Advisory Board, HR, Moderator and Highborn Elves Army Support
Prince_Asuryan
Giantslayer

#14 Post by Prince_Asuryan »

This is enough to draw me back into the light...
'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.'
Anarion
The White Lion

#15 Post by Anarion »

Yeah, well it doesn't appear like enough people are interested even with cid and PA coming back out of the woodwork. I'm not sure if Domine and Asurion are still watching this. If you guys can collectively get another 8 people to commit I will still run it. If not, I don't think there is enough interest.
Never moon a werewolf.
Larose
Chronicler

#16 Post by Larose »

Oo love these types of games, I'm in.. If it goes lol
Shadowy member of The Mage Knight Guild

Attack when they are unprepared, make your move when they least expect it.

Only in your darkest hour, will you triumph over true evil.
Asurion Whitestar
The White Star Captain

#17 Post by Asurion Whitestar »

I'm still in.
Sincerely,
Kitlith