Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Garadehl

#2191 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil looked down at his spell-casting companion with an almost surprised look as his magic went off with spectacular effect. The wood elf felt a brief moment of pride before Otto leapt from cover to charge the bedazzled trolls.

Snatching two arrows from the quiver and nocking them in a motion that was now practiced to perfection, Daerendil sent them both flying through the air at the nearest troll. Both struck the beast, one in the arm and one in the leg penetrating deep. The troll howled out and spun around, the confusion of the blinding light made all the more harrowing by the severe pain it now felt.

Daerendil looked back at Baffin, hoping to see his previous look of respect now returned by the halfling. (:P)
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Glaciandar

#2192 Post by Glaciandar »

As Garadehl's arrows struck home into the troll, Otto's prayers reached their end and he thrust his shield in the air, signalling his plea to Sigmar. Even more resolute now, Otto continued on towards his foes.

OOC:
Otto has cast Blessing of Fortitude on himself (6 rounds, +5 T, +5 WP)
[i]"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>"[/i] - Paul Dirac
Anarion
The White Lion

#2193 Post by Anarion »

Baffin did a double take for it seemed that Daerendil had had a sense of deja vu and done the exact same thing twice in succession.

That was indeed worthy of admiration and his jaw dropped at the wood elf's sudden control of time!

:lol:

Then, feeling it would be best to even the odds if he could, he directed his attention on the troll that Daerendil had just shot. Drawing on the lingering winds he muttered an incantation he had not tried before. Beams of light shot from his eyes and struck the troll in the chest, but seemingly with little effect.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2194 Post by Shandiar »

Grumnir growled as he ran after Otto, the snow slowing him down. He grabbed his axe and charged forward uphill, his breath clearly visible in the chill air. "For Grimnir!" This was a fight he understood, battling trolls was something he had done even before becoming a slayer.

The troll roared in pain and confusion, trying to locate the enemy. Dazzled and confused the trolls picked up their giant clubs and prepared for the upcoming fight.
High Priest of ASS
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#2195 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

His hammer swinging with the rate of his movement, Roland broke into a jog as he attempted to catch up to the others. Instead of blindly charging in Roland thought to himself "Perhaps I should try get around them and attack from the sides..."
Shandiar

#2196 Post by Shandiar »

To your surprise, the wounds on the troll closed slighty and the bleedings stopped. It grinned towards Daerendil before charging down the hill towards Grumnir and Otto.

The dwarf wasn't the least surprised at all and stood firm in front of the towering menacing troll. He had battled them before countless times and knew how to subdue them.

He placed his legs firmly in the snow, anticipating the trolls move and dodging the incoming blow. His retaliation were swift. His doublebladed axe bit deep into the chest of the troll and with the counterswing he left the troll open for attack as it groaned in pain as the axe slid across its left hairless leg. The dwarf seized the opportunity and chopped off its arm with a mighty blow, immersing himself in the black blood as the troll fell to the ground quite dead.

OOC: what are Kelian doing?
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2197 Post by Anarion »

Baffin steadied himself once more and focussed on the next of the trolls. The beam of light shone forth from his eyes. The beam took the troll in the chest and it bellowed in pain and rage as it was seared by the heat. It did not drop however and Baffin began to backpeddle to get himself out of its range, and away from Otto who was beginning to recklessly swing his flail around and around.
Never moon a werewolf.
Glaciandar

#2198 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto was taken aback by the dwarf's show of ferocity, he'd never seen anyone take out something so big so quickly and with such a small amount of effort. He turned towards the nearest troll and felt Sigmar look down upon him. He swung out instinctually, not really thinking at all. In a moment, he had stopped as the troll lay at his feet, a portion of skull missing and blood streaked for several yards over the snow.

OOC:
I used 1 fortune in there, help me not forget.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2199 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian continued to follow the other wolves. Each part of the pack helping to tease and pull the trolls along after them. They needed to give the others enough time to get into the camp and out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2200 Post by Shandiar »

The trolls moved closer to the Sigmarite, surprising ly lowering its club. Then with a disgusting sound its mouth opened wide and spewed forth corrosive and ill-smelling digestive juices, spraying the Sigmarite in foul acidic slime, small bones and half digested animal remains.

OOC: ROFL, trolls are funny. Otto takes 5 wounds.
High Priest of ASS
Garadehl

#2201 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil felt sick to his stomach at the sight of what had happened to Otto. The stench was foul. Deciding against running into combat (as if he would've anyway :P), the Asrai let loose two shots at the troll, aiming high so as to miss his companion.

Struck with two heavy arrows in the head and shoulder, the troll bellowed in pain.
Glaciandar

#2202 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto smelled rank. He knew it, everyone else knew it but the troll didn't seem to care. Either way it pissed Otto off and somehow it had hurt him too.
Otto's flail began to swing again as he prepared to deal out some retribution.
Shandiar

#2203 Post by Shandiar »

Ottos retribution was swift. He lifted the heavy flail above his head and smashed it into the trolls ribs knocking it back a little which forced the second swing to miss its arm by mere inches.
High Priest of ASS
Shandiar

#2204 Post by Shandiar »

Clearly impressed by the Sigmarites prowess, the troll turned back on him and ran for the horn. At least I can save the boss it thought, as it it covered the ground towards the horn fairly quickly, despite the deep snow.
High Priest of ASS
Shandiar

#2205 Post by Shandiar »

In its haste to get the horn and sound the alarm, it completely overlooked the small dwarf standing with his legs firmly in the deep snow. The dwarf braced himself and swung the heavy axe with a slow but hardhitting blow aimed for the trolls kneecaps.

The troll fell face first into a pointy rock hidden in the snow, as its leg was rendered useless by the powerful blow. The rock crushed its skull and it lay still.

Around you everything was quiet, except for Ottos curses and the wind blowing through the narrow passes on the hilltops.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2206 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto tried to shake himself like a dog to get the vomit off but it didn't work very well. Rolling on the ground helped a little more, the snow wiping some off, and he almost washed it out of his hair with his water bottle before realising it would freeze.
"Let's get this over with and before those wolves get back. I don't trust them," he said.
Garadehl

#2207 Post by Garadehl »

"I'm going to see if I can find any prisoners, we might be able to get them out without fighting the troll shaman." Daerendil said to his companions before ducking off in the direction of the campsite.

Carefully the wood elf rounded the back of the camp, keeping a constant eye out for threats. He watched each of the tents, but could see no movements or prisoners. Daerendil saw a large-ish tent in the center of the camp, this would no doubt be where the prisoners lay.

There was no way in without alerting the trolls however, they would have to fight their way through. Silently, he turned about and headed back to his companions and told them what he saw.
Anarion
The White Lion

#2208 Post by Anarion »

"Hmm," said Baffin, "If we move in and there are still trolls in the camp I could try to dazzle them again. It seemed to be effective last time, so that you can take them down. If Mellanor is in there, we need to get him out."

He grinned at Otto. "Why don't you lead?" he asked. "It can't get much worse than it already is for you."
Never moon a werewolf.
Glaciandar

#2209 Post by Glaciandar »

"It will only get as bad as Sigmar allows it to," Otto said.
Moving to each of them he laid his hands on them and prayed to Sigmar, their wounds closing slightly and their bleeding slowing. He then laid his hands upon himself, reciting the same prayer, but Sigmar did not hear this prayer. No matter, Sigmar only sought to test him further.
"I am ready," Otto intoned, "let us do Sigmar's will."

OOC:
I cast blessing of healing on you all and you heal 1 wound. Otto fails on himself however.
Shandiar

#2210 Post by Shandiar »

The huge twoheaded troll looked around and bellowed some orders and then uttered some strange words followed by alien gestures. It was clear to Otto and Baffin this troll was using magic. What kind however was hard to tell. Baffin had never encountered magic like this.

The two bodyguards left their positions and started to move around the camp as if they were looking for something.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2211 Post by Anarion »

Baffin's mind attuned quickly to the winds, but the troll mage was not using a magic he was familiar with, it was more raw and feral than anything he'd encountered before. The winds bit at him and he resisted. The troll mage was strong.

"I don't know what he is up to," he said to the others. "We had best be cautious, it might be a trap. I think he knows we are here."
Never moon a werewolf.
Anarion
The White Lion

#2212 Post by Anarion »

Baffin senses Otto's eagerness to get on with it. The Sigmarite was so fidgety he would burst into a charge at any second.

"Wait," he whispered sharply. "At least let me try to blind it before you go off half-cocked." He channelled the winds quickly and then cast at the troll that was now approaching them, though hadn't yet noticed. The blinding flash went off right in its face and the troll staggered about pawing at the air. Meantime, the other trolls noticed the ruckus...
Never moon a werewolf.
Glaciandar

#2213 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto charges out of hiding, basically howling Sigmar's name, and whirls his flail with a powerful swing to the skull. He has never hit so hard before and expects it to go down, but it stays standing and grins at him with its awful smelling mouth, just waiting to send deadly vomit his way.
Garadehl

#2214 Post by Garadehl »

As Otto charged in, Daerendil readied his bow and waited.

The troll stood grinning at the Sigmarite, before two arrows struck it heavily sending it to the ground with a thump. Blood beginning to pool about it. But it was not dead, just blinded, and a little confused.
Glaciandar

#2215 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto looked down at the troll in front of him for a moment, expecting it to vomit on him still.
Shandiar

#2216 Post by Shandiar »

Grumnir knew how to fight trolls as all slayers do. He saw it was not dead yet and charged in lifting his axe before in cut the head off. The head rolled a few times before it lay still in the snow.

The other two trolls had indeed seen Baffins spell go off in a magical light. The other bodyguard, massively muscled and tattooed began its run towards you, bellowing as it wielded its huge spiked club menacingly.

The leader began to move with slow steps, grinning with its wicked quaterstaff by its side.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2217 Post by Glaciandar »

As the head came to a halt, Otto took a step to the left so that the mouth wasn't facing him. He wasn't taking any risks with that vomit.
Garadehl

#2218 Post by Garadehl »

As Daerendil saw the trolls approaching, he heard a muffled sound coming from the large tent he had seen earlier, it sounded vaguely similar to Eltharin. The Asrai turned to face the trolls as he pulled an arrows out of the quiver, "I think I heard an elf in that large tent, it may be Mellanor!" He called to his companions before loosing the arrow at the shaman.

It struck poorly in the beasts left arm, not causing enough damage to wipe the ugly grin from its face.
Shandiar

#2219 Post by Shandiar »

Meanwhile the wolves and Kelian moved through the sparse vegetation beneath the evergreen trees. The trolls seemed to be more and more frustrated about chasing a foe they never had a chance to catch, but they haven't realised that yet.

One of the wolves reached the edge of a ravine stretching across the path for escape from the trolls. It was steep and lined with an icy surface covering the sharp rocks. A frozen riverbed most likely. Kelian looked around, to the right there was a steep mountainside, no escape there. To the left it sloped gently downhill towards the forest.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2220 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian's lupine mind whirled in thought. We could use this, to get rid of these trolls. "We can use this ravine to our advantage. If we place ourselves close to the edge and lure the Trolls close, then let out one giant howl we could bring the snow down upon them while we escape to the forest down the hill."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein