Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shandiar

#2221 Post by Shandiar »

"It's risky but I like the idea. Using the forces of nature against our enemies." Alariel replied.

The trap was set barely in time as the first trolls appeared from the trees, mad with glee to see their victims trapped between them and the ravine.

Kelian counted twelve trolls in all and waited patiently as the predator for its prey to ensure most trolls would be caught in the falling snow. At his sign all the wolves stretched their necks and howled towards the sky. At first nothing happened, but then suddenly a cracking sound could be heard and the snow crept free of the rocks and began its slide down.

One troll managed to beat a wolf to a pulp with its huge club, but the trolls didn't percieve the grave danger they were in, before it was too late. Deftly the wolves moved downhill, sprinting and jumping as the trolls were caught flatfooted in the center of the avalanche.

The muffled screams and trees uprooting overwhelmed your senses and suddenly everything went quiet.
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2222 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Very warily Kelian looked out from behind one of the snow covered pines. Softly he walked over the snow, careful to avoid any patch to soft for his weight. Nostrals flared as he checked for any scent of Troll.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2223 Post by Shandiar »

The scent of troll was strong as ever, but no trolls seem to be standing. Kelian could see some movements in the pile of snow and a limb here and there. He looked down into the ravine with grim satisfaction as he saw the corpses of three trolls at the bottom. Question was, how many were alive?
High Priest of ASS
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2224 Post by Etherion Fenix »

The thought worried him, how many got away, there just wasn't the time to check though. "We have been gone to long and this should slow down what has been chasing us. We should get back to the others and hope our diversion has done what it needed to."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Shandiar

#2225 Post by Shandiar »

"I agree, our job here is done for now. I wonder how your friends fare in the camp. We should move back quickly. Alariels soft voice said in his head.

She howled to the sky once more and as one being the wolves started to run back towards the camp.
High Priest of ASS
Anarion
The White Lion

#2226 Post by Anarion »

The second troll bodyguard was approaching and Baffin quickly composed himself and cast a new spell. But not composed enough, there was a tearing in the winds as he drew upon it and he staggered, barely able to direct the fury of his own casting. Nonetheless a bolt of pure energy surged forth and struck the troll causing it to stagger back.

Baffin clutched at his chest momentarily, it had been a shock to feel that strike from the winds, but a subtle reminder that magic was not to be trifled with. He wasn't much the worse for wear so far though he realized.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2227 Post by Shandiar »

The twoheaded troll looked in Baffins direction, clearly aware of the winds of magic swirling around the halfling. It gestured with its large dirty hands and mumbled a few words. Green fire shot forth from its eyes in a chaotic display of wild green energy. Baffin was hit squarely in the chest, scorched by the blast and he was thrown backwards into a pile of snow, soothing his burns on his chest.

OOC: Baffin takes 5 wounds to the chest.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2228 Post by Glaciandar »

As the mage fired it's magic towards Baffin, Otto charged it, swinging wildly and connecting with nothing, worried about whether the mage's vomit would be even worse than a normal troll's.
[i]"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>"[/i] - Paul Dirac
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2229 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Muscle rippled under fur as Kelian pushed on, the pack surrounding him as they moved as one. The experience of being a wolf was intoxicating. It was more then just sight and sound, there was smell. It was as if it was as real and solid as the snow covered trees they passed. Steam snorted from his nostrals as he ran, he could only hope they others had done what they needed to do.
Garadehl

#2230 Post by Garadehl »

Grumnir and Roland yelled out their respective battle cries as they charged into the troll bodyguard. Their heavy two handed weapons swinging great circles before plowing into the troll. Roland's striking heavily on the beast's arm and Grumnir using his momentum to hit the troll in the gut. The troll staggered under the impact, two large bloody gashes now adorning its body.
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Shandiar

#2231 Post by Shandiar »

To Rolands surprise the wounds on its gut closed visibly. Grumnir was not surprised as he had fought them before.
"Keep hitting it lad, we can't allow it to regenerate."

The troll roared out in the goblintongue as it swung its huge club menacingly. Suddenly it came crashing down on Grumnir. The dwarf jumped for his life as the club embedded itself in the soft earth. Enraged the troll tore it out of the ground and smashed it into the chest of the daemonslayer.

OOC: Grumnir takes 6 wounds to the chest.
High Priest of ASS
Garadehl

#2232 Post by Garadehl »

Having seen the dreaded magics wielded against Baffin, Daerendil decided the shaman was a very real threat and sent two arrows arcing through the air into its leg and arm. Both arrows struck with force, embedding themselves within the thick troll hide. The shaman roared, more with anger than anything else, glaring in Daerendil's direction. The wood elf watched on cautiously bracing himself for a magic attack.
Glaciandar

#2233 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto swung his flail powerfully into the arm of the troll shaman and ducked a swing of its staff. Again he flail struck out and the hammer head crashed into the trolls arm strongly again.
Shandiar

#2234 Post by Shandiar »

The sound of running paws and soft movements in between reached Daerendils ears. Kelian and the wolves were back and the trolls were nowhere to be seen. Soon the pack emerged from the woods and the troll shaman finally noticed the threat and how outnumbered the trolls were.

He growled at Otto with his mouth open filled with broken teeth. As his wounds closed he smashed the weirdlooking staff into the ground. A small breeze that became stronger tugged at Ottos body and he found it difficult to move towards the troll. Small rocks and snow were whirled up in the air obscuring vision and making movements difficult at best.
High Priest of ASS
Shandiar

#2235 Post by Shandiar »

It soon turned into a cyclone ripping trees up from their roots and dragging you slowly towards the center. The laughing shaman began his run towrds the hills as his bodyguard was slowly swallowed by the wind. Ottos body was picked up like a feather and rotated wildly and madly.

With bow ready Daerendil scouted for the fleeing shaman but his vision was obscured by the cloud of snow, troll, Otto approaching him and Baffin.
Last edited by Shandiar on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#2236 Post by Glaciandar »

Otto crashed into the ground, trees and debris as he was flung around. Pain flooded his senses of his already battered body. Even though the wind was horrifically loud, he yelled, "Do something, Baffin! You're the wizard!!".
Glaciandar

#2237 Post by Glaciandar »

Given that our lovely RP has died it's natural death after over a year of enjoyment (I haven't checked but I'm sure you have the requisite capabilities if the mood should strike you) and we never really closed it formally or even expressly acknowledged it's end, I thought I would do that. The way I'd like to close Howling is with a thank you. Firstly to our dedicated (well he was dedicated until recently anyway) GM, Shandiar, who led us through many scenarios and many encounters (not all involving us fighting daemons, though one could say there was a definite theme), best RP I've been in mate. Secondly, to all of my fellow RPers; those who went the whole distance with me, those who left with the first decent looking NPC they laid their eyes on and those who joined our merry bandwagon late.
Thank you all for putting up with me deciding that I wanted a deranged and sometimes uncontrollable religious fanatic and if ever any of you want to do something similar again, I'll be there.
Garadehl

#2238 Post by Garadehl »

Were you drunk and nostalgic when you posted that Glaciandar? :P

I too had fun, especially early on when for whatever reason we all managed to see each other on MSN at the same time and have funny chats that were usually centered around picking on me :lol:

Oh and Dazz, I've seen lasagna spelt both with an A and an E (lasagne) :P
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#2239 Post by Etherion Fenix »

I have to say those conversations were certainly the most weird things I've ever been involved in. :lol:
All things must come to an end though. :cry:
Anarion
The White Lion

#2240 Post by Anarion »

That's what happens when you mix some loonie Aussies and Kiwis with some crazy Danish and Norwegians along with one completely sane Canadian loremaster. The conversations go straight to, well, you know where.
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#2241 Post by Shandiar »

ROFL, it went well nevertheless. It was great fun and who knows, maybe we'll start again sometime...
High Priest of ASS