Howling Winter across the Empire - Gamethread[Closed RP]

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Krusader

#31 Post by Krusader »

"I've seen magic used in battle once" Jonas stutters, fear in his voice. "But that was much more..."nicer"...than this..." he looks at the elves. "Do you know what this might have been?". The look Jonas gives them, is filled with fear.
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Glaciandar

#32 Post by Glaciandar »

Despite the paltry effect that the halfling's latest attempt at healing had had, Otto still decided that the bloody hole in his arm could do with some attention and promptly asked for some.
Thinking about it, the halfling looked a lot like a description given to him by Bruchstein. Fishing a worn scrap of parchment, Otto quickly skimmed it over and smiled at what could only be Sigmar's providence.
Turning to the halfling, whose name he did not know, Otto asked, "By any chance are you the pharmacist known as Baffin Brindlewine? The merchant Jonas and I are working for said that if we got into trouble to look you up. It seems that we may have done both simultaneously."
[i]"Ĥ|Ψ> = E|Ψ>"[/i] - Paul Dirac
Anarion
The White Lion

#33 Post by Anarion »

Surprised, Baffin said, "You have me at a disadvantage. You know me but I do not know you. I am indeed Baffin."

"Let me see that gash in your arm," he added. Applying some of the same ointment he had administered to Kelian, he said, "There that ought to fix you up, it was only a small nick. Hardly worth my trouble." He smiled, not adding that a bruising pit fighter likely didn't need such a treatment.
Never moon a werewolf.
Glaciandar

#34 Post by Glaciandar »

Smiling contentedly at the fact that Sigmar was indeed still watching over him, Otto replied, "I am Otto of Meissen, a pit fighter recently self-made redundant. Jonas," Otto tilted his head towards him, "and I are looking into the matter of a raided tradestation on behalf of the merchant Bruchstein, and it is he who told us of yourself."
Anarion
The White Lion

#35 Post by Anarion »

"Oh, well met then Master Otto," replied Baffin. "I am the one you were told about by your merchant friend. But what further need of my services would you have? I am merely an old pharmacist."
Never moon a werewolf.
Garadehl

#36 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil looked uncomfortable, that feeling was very odd, and they all felt it. "It may be prudent for us to travel with you toward this tradestation. Afterall there is safety in numbers. And what magic came to pass touched us all... We may be linked in this journey." He suggested, looking at the two humans. Daerendil had never been one to discount any possible meanings of unusual events.
-Proud member of ASS and MOBI-
Glaciandar

#37 Post by Glaciandar »

"That seems wise," Otto said, still wary about trusting an elf who couldn't tell the difference between a dwarf and a human, "in my opinion what first seems to be chance is often later understood to be divine will. We should find our horses Jonas, they were startled by the greenskins but they won't have gone far."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#38 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian stood quietly to one side while the others discussed matters at hand. But the feeling he got was that what ever it was, it was doubtfully not good willed. For then the animals would not silence and it would have a less forboding feel.
When Daerendil decided to tag along with them, he shrugged and followed. While the Halflings ministrations wasn't entirely effective, it certainly tasted good.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Krusader

#39 Post by Krusader »

Jonas replied to Otto: "Yes. Let's find our horses and travel to the tradestation. The quicker we're gone, the better"
He turns to Baffin & the elves "And I'm Jonas M?ller of Hochland, sword for hire."
"I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up i will just hit them all at once.
Shandiar

#40 Post by Shandiar »

You found the horses soon enough. As Otto said they hadn't wandered to far off. Both horses are enjoying the warmth of the sun in a small glade close to the road.
Sunset were only a few hours away and Baffin estimated they could reach Strudelheim before dark.

What do you do with the unconscious goblin?
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#41 Post by Glaciandar »

Krusader wrote:Jonas turns to the wailing Goblin and curses audibly, and then quickly kills it.[/i]
OOC: Well I'm not going to bury it.
Shandiar

#42 Post by Shandiar »

OOC: well there was a wounded one (dead) and the one Kelian knocked unconscious
High Priest of ASS
Garadehl

#43 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil strode over to the comatose goblin with murderous intent, these fould being were defilers of nature afterall. But as he reached the helpless being, he felt he could not kill it. This was wrong, like hunting the sleeping deer. No. Instead he quickly carved up thin strips of leather from the goblin's jacket and attempted to bind it's hands and feet...
Anarion
The White Lion

#44 Post by Anarion »

"Very well," said Baffin. "I can take you to Strudelheim, or the trading post which is just south of it. Whatever is your wish. I should drop in on my old mentor Bertha anyway. It has been a while since I saw her and she is getting quite aged."

"Have any of you been there before?"
Never moon a werewolf.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#45 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Not I. This shall be my first time seeing this place. I am new to this Empire place. It is much different from the glades I know."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Glaciandar

#46 Post by Glaciandar »

"It'll be my first time to Strudelheim. I only really know Nuln and the area by the banks of the Upper Reik River," Otto replied, "Shall we go? We can tie the goblin to one of the horses if you really can't kill it."
Garadehl

#47 Post by Garadehl »

"No. Leave it here, it will only burden us later. These knots will fall out eventually and a lone Goblin isn't a threat to the forest." Daerendil replied, standing and walking away from the greenskin. "Let us keep moving."
Shandiar

#48 Post by Shandiar »

The sun was setting and cast its last grazing ray out, as darkness consumed the land slowly. The first stars appeared on the nightsky and the temperature dropped quickly. Surely winter were on its way.

Before the small company of adventurers reached the town, they were greeted by Strudelheims children. They gazed with huge eyes at the elves, but stayed clear of them. The most brave ones asked of Otto and Jonas' names.

Strudelheim was a small village to Otto. About thirty houses were grouped together around the road that went through the city to the tradestation to the south. The houses were typical Empire made, structures of tree with straw and padded mud in between.

As you arrive the village was suddenly bustling with activity, people are leaving their dinner to get a look of the newcomers. You could all hear the whisperings, as the inhabitants gathered around the road to get a closer look.
"These must be the hired swords."
"Going to investigate the tradestation, are they?"
"Poor them, we will never see them again."

Soon you are standing in the middle of Strudelheim. To your left was an inn called The Roasted Hen". Further down was a larger building with a stable connected to the main structure. It looked like a small garrison.

"Baffin, my dear!" The halfling was greeted by a woman that looked older than the earth itself. The hunchbacked elder supported herself with a stick and wore a long darkbrown robe. "How have you been?"
High Priest of ASS
Glaciandar

#49 Post by Glaciandar »

Squatting down so that he might be slightly less intimidating, Otto smiled in a way that he hoped was reassuring at one of the braver and larger lads, who was still no more than 10.
"Would you please tell me where the shrine is?" Otto asked, trying to make his deep, harsh voice softer.
Perplexed, the boy looked a bit abashed as he replied, "which one?"
A bit stunned by this, Otto couldn't keep as much of the harshness out of his voice as he had previously and answered curtly as embers smouldered in his eyes, "Sigmar's."
Confusion quickly gave way to fear as the boy's tongue frozen in his rapidly drying mouth and he hurriedly pointed down the street, hoping to be done with this as soon as possible and be able to return to the friendly and comfortable banter of his friends.
"Thankyou," Otto replied as he rose back to his full dimunitive height. Turning to his companions Otto muttered that he was off to pray and would meet them later at the inn, where he assumed they would spend the night. Walking down the street towards the shrine, Hans wished for home where the people were true to Sigmar and his teachings.
Krusader

#50 Post by Krusader »

Jonas looked at the others "I'll head to the inn and get myself something to drink."
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#51 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Kelian couldn't understand why they cut down the trees to build their homes. Why not live among the forest as was meant. He kept a keen eye out for trouble, it was undoubtedly the first time any of them had probably ever seen an elf.
Garadehl

#52 Post by Garadehl »

Daerendil started to follow Jonas to the inn when he noticed Kelian staring at the wooden abodes. "Come Kelian, we should stick together here." He called in Eltharin to his kinsman.

He caught up with Jonas. "I do not fancy this attention. The villagers speak of bad tidings."
Krusader

#53 Post by Krusader »

"Mmm....Ive noticed that too! I might suspect there is more to this tradestation, than what I and Otto have been told. I hope relaxing and taking a drink might make things clearer"
Anarion
The White Lion

#54 Post by Anarion »

"Perhaps it would be wise for you to speak to the garrison commander. He might have an idea what is going on here. His name is Stefan," said Baffin to the others.

"I'll meet up with you later."

He turned to the old halfling. "Mistress Bertha! It has been a while. I was hoping to see you here."
Never moon a werewolf.
Shandiar

#55 Post by Shandiar »

The inn was dark and forbidden at first sight, but as the eyes accostumed oneself to the light, it was quite cozy. A warm fire greeted them in front of the bar and candles lit the tables. Above the bar a sign was carved in oak saying Drink Weissgerber and your dreams will come true.

A heavy set bald man greeted Jonas as he went to the bar.
"What can I get you laddie? The local Weissgerber is the best beer around. A wayworn traveller like yourself should try one."

Jonas looked down himself and saw the splattered orc blood, no wonder thecitizens had been looking at them.
"And what can I get you...elf!" he spat. "A glass of wine?". Several of the locals in the bar viewed the elf suspiciously.

OOC you will each get 200 xp and I'll get back to you Baffin with the conversation
High Priest of ASS
Krusader

#56 Post by Krusader »

Jonas cursed inwardly, but with no spare clothes he decided to ignore the fact he had orc blood on his garments.

"Hmm...the Weissgerber sounds good" Jonas replies and gives the bald man a silver coin, and when he gets his tankard he sits down at an empty table.
Glaciandar

#57 Post by Glaciandar »

His homage to Sigmar completed, Otto felt a certain empowerment, as if his God had bestowed his blessing upon him. Thanking Sigmar silently for His beneficience, Otto returned to the inn the same way as he had came.
Upon opening the door, Otto quickly spotted Jonas and sat with him, summoning a maid and ordering a meal and tankard of water, which he was forced to defend with a glare into the wench's startled eyes.
Anarion
The White Lion

#58 Post by Anarion »

Baffin took the old halfling's arm and walked up the street with her. "I am ready to complete my training I think," he said. "But I do not have the necessary implements to take the test. Can you help me?"

"There seem to be strange doings going on here. Let us go to your house where it will be safe and quiet."
Never moon a werewolf.
Krusader

#59 Post by Krusader »

Jonas greets Otto, and after Otto has placed his order he asks him:
"You found the shrine to Sigmar I take it. So. What should we do now? As you might suspect there might be more to this tradestation than what Bruchstein has told us"
Shandiar

#60 Post by Shandiar »

The two halflings walked towards a small hut at the outskirts of the village. Once inside Bertha made tea and served bisquits.
She opened a chest and took out a black folded cloth, that was quite heavy.
"Take this Baffin, you will need it in your travels."
He opened the clothbag and saw this was Berthas surgery equipment.
"If you need to go investigate the raided trade station you better be prepared for the worst. Strange things have happened here lately. Evil magics are at work here even as we speak."
Her face was grave as she continued.
"The dead don't rest easily around these parts anymore. Why someone would raid the tradestation is beyond me, but it seem like something secret and evil is going on in Dunkelwald to the southeast."

Baffin stayed for a few more hours talking about old days before he went back to the inn.
High Priest of ASS