Storm Over Ulthuan

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3151 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Why, Avel'Firrodeth, I'm flattered you feel so. But ultimately you have to trust yourself, and what you feel is right."
At this point the pheasant arrives, and the rest of the night is spent on idle chitchat.
"Ask every person if they've heard the story,
And tell them, loud and clear, if they have not:
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3152 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Elshar regains consciousness to find he is securely bound with elven rope and seated somewhere out of the way. Looking around, he appears to be in a small room only dimly lit by magelight. A cell, in fact.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3153 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar took the time to look around the cell, making use of his magical eye to try and see more easily in the dim lit.

He quickly checked to see if he still had his White Lion cloak, with a sigh he saw that they hadn't thought to take it off him. With nothing else to really do he worked on trying to use one of the claws to free himself from the rope he was tied up in.
"Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is forgiven." - Alith Anar, the Shadow King
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3154 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Elshar can see the rope is enchanted slightly, but not enough to avoid being sliced open by the razor-sharp claws danging at the end of the cloak. It is time-consuming work manoeuvring the claws to cut the rope, but when the first bond is cut it becomes much easier and Elshar is able to remove the ropes. This done, he goes to the door and finds it locked.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3155 Post by Crazylisk »

Seeing as he didn't have any means to open the door, Elshar sat down where he couldn't be seen making sure the rope was also out of sight.

He simply planned to wait until someone came to get him, then he planned to subdue them using the claws on the cloak and a few of things he had picked up from Aruthan during the weeks at Calarion's manor. He only hoped he could pull the moves off half as well Aruthan.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3156 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

As the hours slink by, Elshar realises a problem - his plan assumes that they will come to pick him up...
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3157 Post by Crazylisk »

Started to get rather bored of waiting, Elshar got up and started walking around the cell inspecting it. As he went around he placed his ear to different sections of the wall, trying to pick up any possible clues that would help him work out more about the cell. Once he was finished with one section of the wall he scratched an x on the wall with one of the claws.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3158 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Putting his ear against the door, Elshar picks up a snippet of speech.

"...him?"
"He didn't say. Just said the elf was dangerous. Attacked Tarielle Windwave. Until he gets around to deciding what to do with him, I guess. Probably after the tournament."
"I wish I could see the tournament, instead of being stuck here. It's not like he's getting out."

After this, the two speakers begin a simple discussion of the contestants at the tournament, and Elshar hears nothing else of interest.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3159 Post by Crazylisk »

Starting to get a little desperate and annoyed at the situation Elshar picked up the rope and rapped it back around himself so that it looked like he was still tied up. Then lying back down on the floor with his back to the door, he started to groan as if he was just waking back up. He worked on slowly increasing the volume of the groaning and adding in the odd cough trying to get the guards to enter the cell where he'd be able to get he jump on him.

He doubted the guards would fall for such a trick, but it was all he could really think of.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3160 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Elshar can hear no sounds of reaction from outside. Possibly the guards cannot hear him. Possibly they've left. Maybe the door will not let sound out either. He doesn't know, but no relief comes.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3161 Post by Crazylisk »

Completely and utterly frustrated with his failure to find a way out of the cell Elshar got back up, and walked over to the door.

"What does an elf have to do to get some food in here." he yelled.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3162 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

There is a sound, and then a voice outside says, "I'm opening the door as soon as you stand back against the door. There's a spear pointed at you - don't do anything stupid." As soon as Elshar complies, the door opens, and Elshar can see his two guards, one carrying a bowl of crude soup, the other with a spear levelled at him.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Crazylisk

#3163 Post by Crazylisk »

"You call that food." Elshar said as he sprung at the guards, whipping his cloak off and swinging it at the spear pointed in his direction. Hopefully it would entangle the weapon and render it useless.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3164 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

The guards' reactions are swift. The spear strikes Elshar in the leg, and before his charge is even finished, he has struck the floor. He does have the satisfaction of jogging the guard holding the soup in the process, who spills it all over his spear-armed comrade.
"Look what you did!" the guard bemoans, striking Elshar in the face repeatedly with his spear's shaft. It hurts, a lot. They then leave and lock the door again, leaving him groaning on the floor in pain.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3165 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

That night, Aruthan goes to report back to Calarion, and finds him sitting pensively, looking out a window.
"Elshar has vanished," the High Prince says. "As has Cendramir. Avel passed by before, he seemed... distant. Do you know what has happened to them?"
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3166 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"Last I knew Elshar was tracking a female for me. As to Avel, I have not seen him since we the opening ceremony. As to your little puppet, I left him at Avel's sisters after finding an important clue in my quest."
He shrugged off the Princes concerns.
"I have more pressing matters for you to investigate anyway. I need you to find out what you can about Tythasiar Silveroak."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Crazylisk

#3167 Post by Crazylisk »

Silently cursing the guards outside, Elshar used his sleave to gently clean the blood off of his face. At least the guards hadn't taken is cloak, not that it had been of any particular use in the fight. He'd get them back when he finally made it out of this cursed cell, but for the moment he was content to lie there till the pain subsided thinking of what he'd do to the gaurds if he got his hands on them.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3168 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Lord Silveroak is the head of one of the oldest and most influential noble houses in Avelorn. Why? What have you discovered?"
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3169 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"His line wouldn't go back to the time of Aenarion now would it? His blood was found in Avels sisters house. He sports a bandage upon his arm as well. I think you get where this is going."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3170 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"No, he isn't a prince. I think his line goes back to the time of Caradryel, when the Asur were recalled from the Old World. I take it you believe he is connected to the Veiled Alliance?"
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3171 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"It is hard to say, he hasn't tried to kill me yet. I am certain though that he is involved in something and that his captive shall be used agains't Avel."
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3172 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

"Right. It's a fairly tenuous lead, I have to admit, but better than any I've seen thus far. Tomorrow, I want you to follow Lord Silveroak, and see if you can find anything out about possible connections to the Veiled Alliance."
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3173 Post by Etherion Fenix »

"As always you have been a tremendous help," he wasn't sure if the mocking tone came across in his voice or not.
Nodding his head slightly in some vague recognition of Calarions rank, Aruthan left to get some well deserved rest.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3174 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

The next day, Avel's fight is one of the earliest. After limbering up in the clinging pre-dawn mists, he emerges to fight. His opponent for the day is Lonias Gladeborn of Avelorn, and he has heard much of the prowess of this one after his spectacular duel with a Caledorian weapons-master on the previous day. The crowds of watchers are there again - Finurair, Calarion, Tythasiar, and the others. And Lonias, clad in practical green robes. The two draw their weapons and bow to each other, and then the duel begins. This time, Avel's foe does not charge directly, but watches the Yvressan carefully, circling him slowly, and Avel follows suit, holding his sword blades before him. It is simultaneously that they charge each other. Lonias' blade is remarkably quick, and his style slightly reminiscent of fencing, as he attacks high, and in a series of swift staccato motions fends off both Avel's blades as they alternate a high/low attack routine. Then Avel strikes with both, and to his amazement Lonias slips under the attack, his blade whirling to parry above his back. Steel clashes, and Lonias is behind Avel, who spins, blades leading. The Avelorian's sword hums in a short circle and now he has the offensive, raining blows down on the duellist, who employs both his blades to keep him from harm. The crowd is completely silent - as the two fighters throw each other back and disengage for a moment, Avel casts his eyes swiftly over the crowd. Finurair and Tythasiar are tensed with anticipation, while Calarion's expression is characteristically cool and calm, almost as if he doesn't care.
The two charge again, blades howling at each other, and Avel's mind crystallises the situation. He suddenly sees what he must do to win.
A second later, Lonias' sword strikes his short-sword, and the blade flies up into the sky, torn from Avel's grip. Reversing his hold on the longsword, Avel strikes, backhanded, forcing Lonias back a step. Avel uses the momentum of the locked blades to spin himself behind Lonias, and as the Avelorian moves to counter - Avel plucks the falling shortsword from midair, crossing the blades over Lonias' own weapon, and forcibly disarms him. Too late the Avelorian realises that Avel lost his second sword on purpose... and the duel is now over.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3175 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Shifting his weight back, and withdrawing his swords from his opponent once again. Avel looked at the Avelorian briefly, before looking back towards the crowd, scanning the sea of faces.
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3176 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan say back leisurely, watching Tythasiar from several rows back. He knew at some point the elf would do something and then he would have him. Until that time though, he had merely to sit and wait.
Crazylisk

#3177 Post by Crazylisk »

Elshar sat in the corner of his cell, his head resting back up against the wall staring up the ceiling. His face still hurt after the little run in with the guard, but at least given the treatment that he recieved he thought that it was safe to say that he had finally found the Veiled Alliance. Not that it was much good given that he was stuck in this stupid cell.

With nothing better to do he picked up the rope that had originally been used to restrain him, and tied it into a loose noose. Maybe this would work a little better than charging straight at a spear wheilding elf he thought as he placed it in front of the cell door.

With that complete he sat off to one side of the door with the rope in hand waiting for them to open the door and to step into the noose. Well at least that's how he imagined it happening, but he doubted it would actually work that way. At least it gave him something else to think of other than his throbbing face.

Now if only someone would walk through the door.
Calarion Sapherior
High Prince of Saphery

#3178 Post by Calarion Sapherior »

Avel surveys the field, seeing the same elves as before. Finurair is smiling warmly and nodding in congratulation. Tythasiar scowls angrily and strides from spectators, Aruthan shadowing him. Calarion is as impassive as ever. The Yvressan feels slightly stunned - he is now the first elf to enter the top eight duellists. Leaving ring, he returns to his quarters to meditate and continue his practice.
Meanwhile Aruthan is concealed in shadows, watching Tythasiar as he talks to two other elves. They are speaking very quietly, and so Aruthan cannot hear all they say, but it is clear they are planning something - and it will be for this night.
Called Camelot.

Don't let it be forgot
Etherion Fenix
The Immortal Phoenix

#3179 Post by Etherion Fenix »

Aruthan knew what must be done. For now there was likely nothing else he would get from Tythasiar.
Before he returned to Calarion with this news, he needed to make a stop. There were a few supplies he had in mind that could prove very useful in the coming future.
Bob of Beleriand
The Clubslinger

#3180 Post by Bob of Beleriand »

Sitting deep in-thought, blocking out any outside interference, Avel looked inwards, and back towards the duel. Playing it over and over again in his head in slow-motion. "I won, but how did I visualise it. Everything became so simple, yet so complex and faceted." Re-visualising the fight once more. "What happened to me during that fight...?" pondered Avel, to himself.