Court of the Phoenix King

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Aicanor
Rainbows

Re: Court of the Phoenix King

#301 Post by Aicanor »

First, reminder of the last messages...

Assume Anaril’s message will reach you sometimes soon, as well as Deral’s encrypted one (Aicanor is no doubt enjoying herself trying to decode that one... life is too simple in Lothern).

Anaril’s star dragon message:

Found evidence that Druchii have been tampering with waystones. A previously unknown dragon nest was ransacked, and the bodies of some of the hatchlings and what I presume to be the father were used as part of a ritual to desecrate the stone. Not all of the eggs were accounted for, and the mother survived - I presume she was hunting when the attack happened, but she is untrusting of all Elves and has not been forthcoming with information. After sending this message, I will continue analysing the corrupted waystone to determine if I can safely set it to rights on my own or whether assistance will be required.
I expect similar rituals may be being enacted on other parts of the waystone network, employing sacrifices of magical creatures the traitors cannot otherwise twist to their will - adult dragons, frostheart phoenixes, unicorns, great eagles, forest spirits that have taken physical form, and the like. Attacks by harpies and other creatures likely occurred by their will.

Dragonbane

“The pleasure is all mine,” Sirilla said and she looked to be genuinely pleased. “My lord is well enough, Lord Deral. But he is worried. Very worried. Yours are not the only disturbing news that reached him. You had time enough to check and double check, so tell me what happened with the accursed thieves while I inspect the egg?” Her eyes twinkled and she smiled at Deral.

On the wind

The captain stood true to his word and they set out in new course immediately. The noble company on board retired to cabins designated to them and trying to rest as well as they could. As they approached coast of Saphery, Altatar’s shout roused them all. “No, I do not there, not Them! They can’t be trusted.” And as Coradon as the first from them ran to check on the archmage, he saw that he was trying to rise from the bunk and leave the cabin, although he was apparently not in his right mind.

Ar Yvrellion

Elessehta
*Sorry for somewhat short replies, but I have another excuse /see the side thread/*

As Elessehta searches the rocks for signs of hostile creatures, he saw a large grey wolf, and another, smaller one emerged behind him.

Shadow Wanderer

Loud screech sounded from above Izen, the creature that did that sound had to be large, and it had to have wings. But he couldn’t be entirely sure what kind of animal it was. But his senses warned him it was not the only threat present.

Rogue Dragon

The dead Caledorian stopped his hand, turned and looked directly at Anaril. His lips moved but no sound came. He pointed somewhere behind the archmage’s shoulder. At that very moment shadow passed over Anaril who more felt it than saw it, intent on the spirit world.
Coradon Lorelian

#302 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

Karalael help me secure Altatar. Laicaimir have you ever seen anything like this? There has to be a magical reason for this. Maybe it has something to do with the waystone network.
Signature
Laicamir

#303 Post by Laicamir »

"I have seen occurrences like this, many times. We can only hope its cause is not the same as in the cases I have witnessed."

Laicamir tries to assist as best he can but in his worried state he is more of a hindrance, he stops assisting and consults one of his books, looking for anything of use.
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
draxynnic

#304 Post by draxynnic »

"Elui urithair!" Anaril calls out, hurriedly weaving the matching runes in case the spirit couldn't hear him. "Sariour tyloir! Lithri ildra. Varinor Caladai!"

The message hopefully passed on, Anaril turns towards the shadow, readying to return his consciousness to the physical realm if needed to respond to the new arrival.

Intended translation: "Don't destroy it! It will cause a magical catastrophe! I have an idea to restore it. For Caledor!"
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#305 Post by Luna Guardian »

Deral made no move to remove his hand from the veiled object under his hand, but returned Sirilla's smile "The thieves are dead and their corpses feed the beasts that roam the forests. By all accounts they slipped into Chrace from the south or south west and moved with great haste through our lands. Had they not ambushed the caravan I found them fighting they may have very well slipped through our lands. Luckily, Chracians can hold off a group of vile Druchii, even if taken by surprise" the right corner of Deral's lip curled further upward into a crooked grin. "As for eggs, I cannot quite recall anything significant about eggs here in Chrace, save for the usual clutches of great eagle and griffon eggs we come by time to time. Ferthanas, do you know what the Lady El'istar is talking about?" the lord of Lionstone asked one of the lion cloaked guardians that stood by his side. The shorter elf bowed respectfully to the Caledorian lady before responding with a serious tone "My lord, I believe you had eggs for breakfast yesterday. Quite a large portion as well. I can send for the kitchens to inquire more details, should her ladyship so wish?".
Deral turned his gaze from Ferthanas back to Sirilla "Ah indeed I had, a most savory meal. Quite unlike anything I've had before, I can still feel the tingling spicy sensation at the back of my tongue"
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Aicanor
Rainbows

#306 Post by Aicanor »

On the wind

"Not there, no! They are lying to us. I do not believe them. They can't be trusted." Altatar whispered as his friends were trying to lead him back to the cabin. "They have their own agendas."

Rogue Dragon

As Anaril's senses returned fully to the physical world he realized it was just his dragon companion crossing past the entrance to the chamber. 'It seems we have visitors,' he growled. 'They are somewhat reluctant to enter.'

Lionbane

"While I greatly appreciate your sense of humour, Lord Lionbane, I need to remind you we are talking about the offspring of sworn allies of the Phoenix Throne. And if what we heard from lord Starseeker, one in grave danger of being corrupted by dhar. Still like the aftertaste?" Sirilla curled her lip. "Are you sure the druchii didn't have time to tamper with the waystones here before you got them? Are you so sure you got all of the druchii? Because there had to be a mage of considerable power with them. And if that person is not accounted for, we should go and track them down before they do even more damage. The question is, will you help or sit here pondering your next breakfast? I certainly hope not!"
Coradon Lorelian

#307 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

Coradon whispered into Altatar's ear "who has their own agenda my friend, tell me so that i may expose them."
Signature
Aicanor
Rainbows

#308 Post by Aicanor »

On the wind

"The mages in the Tower," Altatar whispered loud enough for all three to hear. "How long did I have to stand their barely hidden disdain. How they scorned all my thoughts when I wasn't parroting their views. Is it a sacrilege to actually think? But now... it is clear they were wrong. I've seen the truth. Caledor didn't finish the ritual and the Vortex is tainted. The dead are on the wind, whispering the truth. Five flaws in the network, waiting to be exploited. Four sigils... They have to be stopped. But will they so much as move a finger? No, they'll call me mad and lock me up somewhere. Let me go, just let me go," Altatar started to struggle again.
Laicamir

#309 Post by Laicamir »

"Four sigils! Did you hear that, there are four sigils!" Laicamir is quite panicked and hurriedly pulls writing implements from his robe and begins to frantically write on two bits of paper. "I will send letters to the tower and to my household, the sigils must be found!" Laicamir continues to write his letters, not realising that being on a ship at sea he has no way to send them.
draxynnic

#310 Post by draxynnic »

"Your angry cousin might explain that," Anaril responds. "Let's see what they want - if there are mages with them, I could use the help."

Striding towards the entrance, Anaril spins out skeins of uncorrupted Azyr for quick augury on whether the visitors are likely to be friend or foe, preparing to follow it up with the Cerulean Shield should he receive a warning of danger.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#311 Post by Luna Guardian »

Deral's expression of mirth remained unchanged, but he did remove his hand from the covered object and leaned on the opposite side of this throne "I will have you know that nothing in this world or the next has yet spoiled my appetite for good food or drink" the lord of Lionstone said with mock seriousness before tilting his head slightly "And I have not talked about any sworn allies of the Phoenix Throne as far as I am aware of, unless you caledorians have taken up laying spiced goose eggs. As for the druchii you speak of, if the sorceress was with the party she must have died for I left none alive to spread their taint upon my homeland. But if you Caledorians consider this to be of such great importance, I will dispatch the Thalui Brotherhood to scour my lands for any sign of the dark ones. If there is anyone unwelcome left within my grasp, they will find that they have made a poor choice in enemies."

The towering elf lord rose from his seat and walked to pour himself and his guest a goblet of wine. Raising his glass in salute, Deral downed his drink with one gulp and poured himself another "Now, I can't help but think there is another reason that you have come here dragon rider. Your kind is rarely seen here in the north, and in my court even more so, and a matter as simple as a druchii scouting and raiding party should not raise you from your slumber, not when it is limited to us wildlings of Chrace. Speak your intentions plainly, you will find me much more accommodating" he locked his eyes on the Caledorian lady, his eyes as green as the forests around the citadel
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
Coradon Lorelian

#312 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

The young prince stood inside he was shaken by the news but he could not let it show. They had found 1 sigil 3 more had to be found.

Laicamir you are quite correct I will send my last messenger birds to Aicanor, The tower and Tor Elyr. The word must be spread to every city in Ulthuan these corruption must be found and dealt with.

Finally he whispered to his friend "Rest easy we will find these corruptions and undo their damage. Then when you are better we shall journey to Athel Loren so that you may show me the wonders of that place.
Signature
Laicamir

#313 Post by Laicamir »

"Excellent, please also send this letter to my home they can begin to search within Tiranoc."
Laicamir finishes writing his letters and then goes back onto the deck to find out how far from port they are.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#314 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Lord Izen, is that you?
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Shadow star

#315 Post by Shadow star »

The voice Izen heard, though reasuring, did nothing to aid his unease. "Aye'" he calls "and it's good to hear your voice. Beware, I sense danger. Can you see anything?" He himself scanned the area while readying his bow. Grey too strained his senses.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
The Silly Dragon

#316 Post by The Silly Dragon »

When the two elves left him in his quarters Altatar paced for a some hours mumbling to himself as he did so before finally resting in his bed. He did however leave a bunch of hastily scrawled notes that he pushed under his cabin door.

As he slept he whispered continuously one name,
"Cynthia"
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Coradon Lorelian

#317 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

Altatar, You are awake! I was worried about you my friend. This is a great day we are headed for Yvresse so we can destroy these sigils. lLaicaimir and karalael have joined us. We will put an end to this druchii treachery.
Signature
The Silly Dragon

#318 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Altatar looks at Coradon for a moment as if trying to remember a name before responding, "Coradon, what has been happening? Sigils what sigils? and why Yvesse?" while rubbing his head and then running a hand down his face as if he was tired. He remembers nothing of the last hours or days?
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Coradon Lorelian

#319 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

My friend its been 5 days since you last awoke it is best if you sit down.

When you last went to sleep we were on our way to the vortex 2 days in, the voices of the wind were driving the crew mad, I received a letter from Aicanor. She directed me to turn back and return to Lothern. We met up with Karalael and Laicaimir on the seas and took them aboard it was from them that I heard of the sigil. Laicaimir has indicated it can be found in Yvresse. For more esoteric discussion I suggest you ask Laicaimir as I am over matched by most magical discussion.

I'm just glad you are awake you should also be aware one day I will take you back to your love on Athel Loren.
Signature
The Silly Dragon

#320 Post by The Silly Dragon »

"Athel Loren is too far away and there is no love there to be found, only darkness" he says as he remembers his last days spent with the Asrai and how they ran him out of the forest and warned him to never return.

He had been looking so forward to being at the Vortex that he looks out a window in an attempt to glance at it once more but the ship must be too far away now, as only small wisps of magical winds could be seen as a gentle breeze.

"Coradon could you take me to Laicaimir then?"
Aicanor
Rainbows

#321 Post by Aicanor »

Lionbane
(His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad...)

“I appreciate your delicate sense of humour, my gracious host,” Sirilla met the mountain lord’s gaze, unblinking. She was almost as tall as Deral. “But the truth is quite plain. I did come exactly for the reason I stated. It was not an isolated incident,. Did you not have any news?” She took a sip of wine, nodding slightly to Deral, then she put the glass back on the table and reached for the dragon egg shaped object with great care.
“It may seem a small thing to you, but trust me that for us it is not. Theft of the dragon egg would never be a small thing to us, as you well know.
But if you want to know more about my intentions - first I need to make sure whether or not dhar was used against the Unborn's soul, as we suspect it might be the case.
And then I should find out how the Druchii you had the pleasure to meet got here and make perfectly sure they didn’t manage to do any more damage. I have no authority to request help from you, but if you are willing to help us investigate, we can save some of this pleasant conversation for later...

Caledor

The shield sent no warning to the mage's senses, but Anaril was not ready to put down his guard in such a dark place. He gave a sign to his dragon and together they reached the entrance to the caves. The white dragon was curled up at the entrance, completely still. She was not looking at them, but at something on the other side of the ravine. Or rather, someone.  Anaril tiredly climbed back into Curannoch’s saddle and he saw over the smaller dragon’s back that an elf, clothed in hunting leathers, was standing there as still as the she-dragon, leaning on long spear with ithilmar tip. He recognized the long, flaming red hair of the hunter at once. He was Salmar El’istar from Tir Eloc. It seemed at least one of his messages was received.

On the wind

Altatar and Coradon found Laicamir in conversation with the captain. They heard the captain’s answer to some Laicamir’s question: “One more day to the Temple, perhaps two if the wind changes. Three if we stop at the Tower of Rainbow, but you say it is no longer neccessary?”
Altatar still looked over his shoulder in the direction where the Vortex had to be when they joined the two.

Mists of Yvresse

As the mist lifted Izen realized what led Grey to this place - he was accompanied with a slightly smaller she wolf. Their hackles were raised, but they were not facing the place from where the screech came a few moments before, but up the valley. Izen made a few steps forward and the mist thinned considerably. Dark outline turned into the young lord of Yvresse. At that moment the wild wolf made a strangled growl and inched carefully forward, looking back at Grey.

Aicanor’s not so secret mission

Aicanor was walking up the short flight of stairs. She was brought to the top of the Tower soon after she arrived. Before she could knock on the door before her, it opened and she entered the chamber with a large arched window so high up the Tower only clouded sky was visible from the doorway. There was a sound of soft paws as two furry creatures dived under large table in front of the window. “Sorry I do not raise to greet you, Lady Nenuvar,” said the man sitting by the desk with one of rare smiles. Third of those creatures, a full grown one this time, was curled up in his lap. “I quite understand, my lord,” Aicanor answered, hiding her own smile in a respectful bow. I have the information you requested. Enough to be able to act I think.”

*===uééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééééé... ů§vú xxxxxxdž z* Well, I suspect there may be more our kitty wrote in this post, clever girl... sorry for that ;)*
Coradon Lorelian

#322 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

No Captain unless any of the Mages have a need i think we can head straight for the temple.
Signature
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#323 Post by Luna Guardian »

Deral deftly moved between his guest and the egg "Am I to understand that the high and mighty princes of Caledor actually need help in accomplishing something? Surely this cannot be the case, for I have not witnessed the skies falling or the seas boiling or any other portents for the imminent end of the world" he grinned, clearly fighting hard to keep his mirth at bay. With a grandiose gesture he pointed towards the doors of the hall and spoke with a booming voice "Send forth heralds and mark this day in the annals of history, the dragon lords of Caledor have come to Chrace to beg for help in sorting out their mess!". There was an audible chuckle from the assembled Chracians and Deral winked at Sirilla "The hospitality and might of Lionstone are at your disposal, my Lady of Caledor. Behold, the dragon of House Lionbane!" Deral drew back the velvet covering the dragon egg, revealing a gleaming round object larger than a man's head.

Stepping back to allow Sirilla to examine it unobstructed, Deral smiled from ear to ear "Tell me my lady, how long does it usually take for a dragon to carry a warrior to battle?"

Laicamir

#324 Post by Laicamir »

"I have no cause to stop at the trower."
draxynnic

#325 Post by draxynnic »

Anaril draws tendrils of Hysh into his eyes, which begin to glow as an outward sign of a cantrip intended to allow his vision to pierce through magical illusions. While the Druchii had discarded their studies into some of the Winds of Magic, the Wind of Ulgu had not been one of them, and under the circumstances it seemed that the suspicion was warranted.

After whispering his findings to Curranoch - trusting the golden dragon to keep the white informed and, hopefully, nonhostile until and unless hostility was called for - Anaril straightens and calls out a greeting to Salmar.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#326 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

"Lord Izen, have you made a new friend?" Ele called down to the trio, "She seems to want to show you something."
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Shadow star

#327 Post by Shadow star »

"Aye," Izen replied. He crouched down and gently murmered to the wolf. "What is it lass." While many elves were adept at handling animals, Izen was glad he was naturualy gifted at dealing with birds and beasts.

Especialy with her help.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#328 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Karalael stood at the bow of the ship, his fingers trailing amber stardust as he occupied his time with magical amusements and his lupine senses kept focused across the Inner Sea, as he waited for the other mages determine where they were heading.
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
The Silly Dragon

#329 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Altatar continued to look back towards the Vortex lost in thoughts about how close he had become. A wave of hate came over him briefly for his companions but he ignored it and simply sighed.

He stood awaiting the others for he had no authority as the High Loremasters of Hoeth would tell him often. Cursing his heritage under his breath he folded his arms in impatience for if they were to go somewhere other then the Vortex he would prefer to get to it as he always said, "the sooner you start, the sooner you finish".
Coradon Lorelian

#330 Post by Coradon Lorelian »

Coradon noted Altatar impatience and anger over the fact that they were no longer headed towards the vortex. However the young prince knew that had he not received the message from Aicanor, Altatar would be dead and their ship would have been destroyed. Now at least they could travel without those voices vexing him.

he put his hand to the token from here he wore around his neck she said it enabled her to watch him. He felt his heart gladdened by that fact and longed to reach the shores of Yvresse and a horse.
Signature