Court of the Phoenix king idea?

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

Shannar, Sealord
Very Helpful Elf

Re: Court of the Phoenix king idea?

#31 Post by Shannar, Sealord »

I'd be in for Eataine. I'd love to see something happen in here again.
Laicamir

#32 Post by Laicamir »

If I meet the requirements for participating I shall gladly so so!
Last edited by Laicamir on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#400080]'What errand have you, Dark Elf, in my lands?' - Curufin[/color]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#33 Post by Aicanor »

I am in for Saphery (non-Hoeth). Or perhaps Avelorn if need be, but I'd have to stretch the fluff a bit.
Any more Princes (and Princesses) to gather at the Temple?
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#34 Post by Elithmar »

Well I think I count as a princess now. :?
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#35 Post by Luna Guardian »

Elithmar (the Lady) wrote:Well I think I count as a princess now. :?
There've been plenty of princesses in power in elven history :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Aicanor
Rainbows

#36 Post by Aicanor »

I see you change names quite frequently, Elithmar(?). I feel that might be some evil plot by certain Cothiquean... heheh.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#37 Post by Elithmar »

It was supposed to change to Elithmar, but the certain Cothiquan decided to have some fun.
Shadow star

#38 Post by Shadow star »

Could I represent Nagaroth?
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
The Silly Dragon

#39 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Shadow star wrote:Could I represent Nagaroth?
Can't see why not, though the solution from the shadowlands is probably just to kill everything right?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#40 Post by Luna Guardian »

The Silly Dragon wrote:
Shadow star wrote:Could I represent Nagaroth?
Can't see why not, though the solution from the shadowlands is probably just to kill everything right?
Nothing wrong with that :D
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
The Silly Dragon

#41 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Perhaps that could be the first topic?

The Problem with Naggarythe and the Asur attitude to murder (for war or otherwise).
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Laicamir

#42 Post by Laicamir »

And the fact that Naggarythe was not the only kingdom to suffer the sundering, yet Tiranoc is not a home to uncivilised murderers.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#43 Post by Elithmar »

Laicamir wrote:And the fact that Naggarythe was not the only kingdom to suffer the sundering, yet Tiranoc is not a home to uncivilised murderers.
Just be glad Headshot isn't around at the moment to hear that. :P
Aicanor
Rainbows

#44 Post by Aicanor »

That sounds like certain Cothiquean prince indeed, Eli. :D

Caledorians seem to think otherwise, Laicamir. Nice quote by the way. For some reason I always liked Eol.

Whoever wants to represent Nagarythe is highly recommended to read Headshot's stories in Story telling section. As are all others who already haven't done so. ;)
Laicamir

#45 Post by Laicamir »

I shall have to take a look at them then, I'm just sad Eol missed.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#46 Post by Aicanor »

Laicamir wrote:I shall have to take a look at them then, I'm just sad Eol missed.
It is worth finding them all. As for the Dark Elf, in retrospect it would be probably better if he didn't miss. not a nice thing to do, yes, but well...
Shadow star

#47 Post by Shadow star »

No, we were not the only ones to have suffered. But Tiranoc's lands are still green. Thre dead children slain in battle - in honour. Our children where butchered while they slept and our lands left burnt and scarred.
[i]The shadow of war is cast long in the dying light of peace.[/i]
Laicamir

#48 Post by Laicamir »

Point conceded, yet I still feel that vengeance should come after a rebuild of our shattered lands.
The Silly Dragon

#49 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Vengeance should not come at all, it is not our way. If we give into our base desires like bloodlust and plain lust then we are no better then the foul Druchii. We need to win wars but also keep our identity and morals. Though i agree Naggarythe needs rebuilding but so does alot of Ulthuan. Raising their lands back from the seas is not an easy thing to do.

What we need is a stronger naval force to stop them from being invaded at all. Let them have some peace for a change so their minds and spirit can heal. Who is representing Lothern? Why does our Navy let the Druchii through so often?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#50 Post by Luna Guardian »

They're grown complacent, knowing that the North will hold whatever they let slip through

The Silly Dragon

#51 Post by The Silly Dragon »

But a time may yet come where the North could not hold. Surely we shouldn't risk that?
Laicamir

#52 Post by Laicamir »

But each time we have defeated them our demise has come when we attempted to pursue them to their shores, doing so will almost certainly always be a mistake. I agree that defence should certainly be a priority. With their recklessness, treachery and the foul interactions with the ruinous powers they may fall on their own given time.

The notion of vengeance is hard to overcome for those of us whose land are still sundered, even more-so for those of us who can recall with foul vividness that time, but as long as we do not give in to the machinations of Khaine then we are different from the Durichii, very very different .
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#53 Post by Luna Guardian »

The North certainly could not have held were it not for the brave elves of the inner kingdoms and the southern realms, we are not so vain as to believe that. That was meant as a friendly jab at the mariners of Eataine.

We have successfully pursued the dark ones to their shores. Eltharion led a successful raid on the seat of the Witch King himself, earning the eternal ire of the accursed Malekith. Vengeance and justice are also two different issues my noble friend, and I for one pledge my axe to the service of the latter.

Laicamir

#54 Post by Laicamir »

Your points are both valid and noble, I to wish that our better armed cousins in Eataine would lend more aid. However despite the fact that Eltharion gained victory, and a valorous one at that, I must question if with our waning population it was worth the price. Truly justice is a noble cause which must be pursued but at this time the cost may prove to high.
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#55 Post by Luna Guardian »

An assault on Naggaroth would be a dangerous prospect certainly, but one that does merit thought. How long must our people live under the threat of raiders and corsairs that descend upon them without warning? In the long term, which will prove more harmful for us: continuous warfare without an end, one invasion after another upon our shores and slavers making off with our people or one campaign to wipe the stain of Druchii forever from the face of the earth? We have the generals, we have the armies and we have the just cause for a successful war on our enemy's land. All we require is the will to do so and proper preparations

Laicamir

#56 Post by Laicamir »

Can you tell me with full certainty that there would be no trick waiting for us, that we would win, it is an all or nothing gamble and a risky one. What of the storms they send to lay waste to our ships? What if they, in desperation, summon foul daemonic allies?
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#57 Post by Luna Guardian »

In war, nothing is certain. However, if we do nothing about the threat we face we will certainly come under attack again and again. Who amongst the dark elves is the equal of Tyrion or Teclis? Show me one of their warriors that can match Eltharion. How could they face the sons of Caledor, if they can get their lizards to awaken from slumber? And what trickery could overcome Chracian bravery, Avelornian archery or Asur unity? Our enemies distrust even each other, a proper assault on Naggaroth would crush them so that they could never again threaten our lands.

Laicamir

#58 Post by Laicamir »

While surely your courage and valour are unshakable I do believe that the odds are much closer than you conjecture. While its true that I cannot name counters to some of our assets that you name that is not to say that they don't exist.

Perhaps if we could draw others into the conflict, kingdoms on the old continent have been raided and may harbour grudges, The Empire owes us a debt I doubt they could ever repay, even the Orcs might see value in the opportunity to face great foes or the Vampires if offered the northland as incentive. While I realise such thought are greatly dishonourable and their warriors do not hold a candle to ours in this war it may be a necessary cost, although I am sure many would disagree with me.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#59 Post by Aicanor »

I deem time is not ripe for such action. We can't guard every inch of the ocean, but we certainly need to destroy their naval force first. We learned that long ago.
Laicamir

#60 Post by Laicamir »

And stop them from doing the same, both factions believe they can defeat the other, considering that they have much more experience and almost certainly better knowledge of our situation then we have of theirs, as such we should expect to lose any engagement between us. Like I said peviously defence is the best curse of action, but if an assault was to be made we would require external support.