Court of the Phoenix king idea?

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

The Silly Dragon

Re: Court of the Phoenix king idea?

#271 Post by The Silly Dragon »

So the court has convened to talk about...cats?
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#272 Post by Ruerl Khan »

The Silly Dragon wrote:So the court has convened to talk about...cats?
evidently so. Also, just finished reading through both threads. Makes me miss the old round robins. One of these days i'll start up another RP myself, starting with the DAU that I had to abandon.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
draxynnic

#273 Post by draxynnic »

Ruerl Khan wrote:
Aicanor wrote:Cats are hard to remove unless they want to (and they don't care how much you sneeze)
Certainly true, and cats have an allergi detector, it goes like this: Ohhh! That is the person I need to brush up against! I find that placing a book in the general direction of the trajectory of the cats jump works as a brilliant deterrent however. Book-meet-cat. Which results in Cat-meets-floor. and the indignified look of "I meant this to happen!" before it walks away.
There is actually a reason for that, and it basically boils down to human and cat body language being out of sync.

People who like cats, and don't know what I'm about to say, have a tendency to watch them closely. Cats, however, interpret being stared at as a threat. Now, staring is rude among humans as well, so this is probably about as much people not thinking about how animals may interpret what they're doing, but it's the reason why cats often avoid people who want the cat to come near them (and not because they're intending to do something unpleasant to it).

By contrast, there is a distinct contrast in what cats interpret as a welcome - namely, looking briefly at them and then turning your head away, particularly if you narrow your eyes before looking away. I can't say if it's the case where you're concerned, but people who are allergic to cats or otherwise don't want them around often do this without really thinking about it - which the cat interprets as a written invitation.

So if you want a cat to stay away from you, it's better to communicate this in cat rather than human - stare at it until it gets the message, maybe even hiss at it if you want to make sure it gets the message across. Cats are aware that humans outmass them by a considerable margin, so if you establish that you don't want around you in terms that it understands, it will usually avoid you on its own, particularly if you're a stranger to it.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#274 Post by Aicanor »

And now the court has officially convened to discuss cats and their politics. :)
I knew what you were going to talk about, draxynnic. But it is more complex than that. You need to mean the threat. If you don't they'll see through it soon enough. :lol:
draxynnic

#275 Post by draxynnic »

Yeah, if you're one of "their" humans and they're comfortable enough to feel that you're not going to seriously harm them, they'll push if they think they can get away with it or if something's sufficiently important to them. Much like people in that respect. :P

Still, you've got a better chance of getting them to do what you actually want them to do if you actually know and control what messages you're sending them, rather than sending mixed messages through using human body language instead.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#276 Post by Aicanor »

That is certainly true. Funny in public. Once ended up emulating a white lion to break up a fight. Worked wonderfully. :look:
Aicanor
Rainbows

#277 Post by Aicanor »

Things are on the move again, it would seem. Hope you are not yet tired of the story... Do not let the Druchii have all the fun. :wink:
The Silly Dragon

#278 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Nope, I am still interested and more than happy to keep this going! :mrgreen:
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#279 Post by Aicanor »

Glad to hear it! Do you want another cookie? This time hopefully not poisoned. I'll keep those druchii in line. :mrgreen:
Luna Guardian
Pendragon

#280 Post by Luna Guardian »

Work's been keeping me busy, back now :)
Prince Deral Lionbane, head of the House of Lionbane, Lord of Lionstone and Warden of Tor Charta

Luna, try not to beat them too hard. They are proud about their pseudo-glorious past and their present nothingness, you know.
-Elmoth, about Caledorians
Peacemoon

#281 Post by Peacemoon »

May I join the court to represent one of Ulthuans colonies?

I'm representing the colony located in real world Mexico that's name is never given in fluff. It was founded in C: 4400 and still exists according to that map.
Name: îdhithil (Peacemoon in Tolkein Elvish)
Realm: The Lustrian Colony

A member of the "old guard" at the Tower of Hoeth, Idhithil was very outspoken with his blunt opinions on how Ulthuan should be run. He ended up offending the High Loremaster who commanded him to help defend a minor colony in Lustria; a kind of political exile.
However, over the years Idhithil fell in love with the colony and decided to make his home there. Centuries later, Idhithil was called back to Ulthuan to represent the western colonies ( The Lustrian one, the Citadel of Dusk and the Turtle Islands).
Last edited by Peacemoon on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#282 Post by Aicanor »

Welcome, Peacemoon! I'll add you to the initial post. Lustria is quite convenient story-wise right now. Did you have a look at what is happening? If you have questions, send me a PM.

I am going to post soon, got a bit overwhelmed by real life again... It just keeps interfering.
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#283 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

Kittens....
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#284 Post by Aicanor »

Kittens, yes... And deadlines again. Unfortunately it is a wall of text I need to finish and I feel drained - inspiration-wise. But deadline is very near and after that nothing can hinder me. :shock:
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#285 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

See, I know what an unhindered Sapherian can do. We're all doomed.

:P :lol:
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#286 Post by Aicanor »

I am working on an update, just bear with me a little longer.
Ruerl Khan
High Executioner

#287 Post by Ruerl Khan »

Just a note: Still here, but having some health related issues that may make me a bit slow, feel free to proceed as if I was not there.
I love pushing around my small delicatedly painted dolls together with the rest of you.
draxynnic

#288 Post by draxynnic »

Incidentally, Aicanor, do you have anything in particular planned for what's happening in the cave, or were you simply looking to bring that to a temporary resolution so the characters there can move on?

If it's the latter, let me know and I'll proceed with my original plan for putting a stopgap measure in place - I may have limited access between Christmas and New Year, so if things pick up around then, I'd rather Anaril already be in transit rather than cliffhanging.
Aicanor
Rainbows

#289 Post by Aicanor »

Ruerl Khan wrote:Just a note: Still here, but having some health related issues that may make me a bit slow, feel free to proceed as if I was not there.
Kind of the same here. Sorry for that. I hope you'll be well again soon.
Draxynnic (and whoever has an idea how to proceed), go on. It is definitely a good idea. I'll try to catch up quickly.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#290 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Just curious, is this continuing, or is real life still affecting the DM(s)?

No worries if they are still busy :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Besides, the battle of Finuval Plain was more a minor skirmish anyway. A good enough summary would have been "Teclis and Malekith ran into each other. Teclis cast The Dwellers Below on Malekith with IF, and Malekith failed his Strength test." Not much more to it then that really.[/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#291 Post by Aicanor »

Real life is still interfering. Sorry for that, but I really had no energy left to use on the story...
I plan to restart this at the end of the month at latest though if you are still in.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#292 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

I am indeed, and don't worry about it. You take as long as you need :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#293 Post by Aicanor »

A question for the court members: Are you still interested in restarting this?
Elessehta of Yvresse
Well played Sir

#294 Post by Elessehta of Yvresse »

I've been waiting to see if any druchii were brave enough to shoot at Tiralya as she charges using the old fighter ace tactic of charging from the sun =P
[url=http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34506][i]Lord Elessehta Silverbough of Ar Yvrellion, Ruler of Athel Anarhain, Prince of the Yvressi.[/i][/url]
[quote="Narrin’Tim"]These may be the last days of the Asur, but if we are to leave this world let us do it as the heroes of old, sword raised against evil![/quote]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#295 Post by Aicanor »

Excelent. We'll find out. I'll just wait a few mire days if someone else will want to join us. Apologies for my long absence from this forum.
LordAnubis

#296 Post by LordAnubis »

I might be interested in joining in if you need more members/players and nobody objects.
[img]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/Veherzak/ChaosUndivided001.jpg[/img]
[b]Rezaile the Puppet Master[/b] - 30/8/6 - 340 kills
Herald of Oblivion
Lord of Twilight on the High Council of the Everchosen
High Prince of Yvresse
Aicanor
Rainbows

#297 Post by Aicanor »

You'll be welcome. The Court is always open to new players. If you want more information/ have any questions, just ask here or send me a PM.

After last few months I think I should be also looking for people willing to eventually share the task of moderating the game. Its concept is just the Court discussing (and on occasion trying to solve) various matters as they come to its attention, so there is potential to roleplay separate events.
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#298 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

I'm still interested. You'd be hard-pressed to be rid off me :D
[quote="rdghuizing"]
Aicanor
Rainbows

#299 Post by Aicanor »

Good. :mrgreen:
Karalael Moonsinger
Chronicler

#300 Post by Karalael Moonsinger »

Do we have a start date planned? I only ask as I'm away LARPing next weekend, and don't want to miss too much :)
[quote="rdghuizing"]