To the Northlands!-Gamethread

Satisfy all your role playing cravings right here!

Moderators: The Heralds, The Loremasters

John Rainbow

Re: To the Northlands!-Gamethread

#91 Post by John Rainbow »

Alithir was interested to watch his companions test their skills against the Sword Master. Though the old Bladelord was no longer in his prime, he could still fight it seemed. He had already fought one of Alithir's potential comrades and stood readying himself to combat the next. He fought with the traditional two-handed blade of the Sword Masters, a huge and graceful 6ft long switch of Elven steel. Such a weapon might appear cumbersome to those inexperienced in their use, but the blades were light as well as strong. A warrior trained in their use could wield them with poise and dexterity. The old Bladelords were rumoured to match some of the great Elven Princes in skill at arms. And this is what his comrades had to face. Alithir struggled to suppress a grin.

The Asrai archer was up next, and he wondered whether his skill with a bow would be matched by those with his blade...
Last edited by John Rainbow on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silly Dragon

#92 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: I'm confused, did i win that fight with the Bladelord? Or lost as i rolled 4 sixes and Yvran hasn't posted yet the guards response. Why say 'dispatched' if i won?

IC: Cynthia picks up her things and leaves the others never to return. She didn't know what she was thinking when she started out on this jounrney as she works alone and will always do so in the future as others just get in the way. Without a word she leaves.
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]War. War never changes [/b]
[i]dum spiro, spero...[/i]
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
John Rainbow

#93 Post by John Rainbow »

OOC: My bad, I thought you lost after you got all angry and tried to poke his eyes out - which is when I stepped in. Did you win or not?
The Silly Dragon

#94 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: Don't know as Yvran hasn't posted yet. People are jumping ahead!
[b]"Humans are strange creatures, in a world of such fascination and wonder they have managed to invent boredom"[/b]
Yvran the Prince

#95 Post by Yvran the Prince »

OOC:Sorry guys, my internet connection has been down. It's fixed now though. Cynthia won. Namathur got a six for the second round. Elithmar is up next. TSD, why do you quit?

Kalossir nodded to Selthar, indicating he should go next.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

"Dojo! What is Rule One?"
"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
The Silly Dragon

#96 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: Honestly i been having a bad time at the moment in life and i shouldn't take it out on you guys. I will stay but have Cynthia walk out of the group (out the room into the hallway perhaps). One point though i will make is that please don't 'control' my character without my say so in the future. When John made Cynthia 'flail' about it got me annoyed as i did not create a character for tantrums and such (do you really see Shadow Warriors flailing around in fights? No they are still disciplined warriors just with a burning hatred). At no point did i indicate her being like this, she is a dark brooding character not a child (she was a Handmaiden to the Everqueen for a time before joining the Shadow Warriors remember? so she's not very young and prone to 'tantrums'). Sorry it just got under my skin and like i said having problems of my own at the moment that i shouldn't take out here.
The Silly Dragon

#97 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia picks up her Daggers that were laid at the sides of the room they were in. She sheathes them and goes to walk out the door but before she walks through she hears that female voice in her head again,
"stay, these will need you before the end" and in her mind (not speaking out loud) she replies,
"they don't deserve..."
"nor do you, but you do"

She sighs heavily and turns to face the group so she could watch the others perform their own dance with the Bladelord. As they begin she wraps herself up in her tattered cloak again and holds it tight around her as if it was her only shield against the world and she was invisible, she liked the idea of being invisible maybe she should seek out the Shadowcasters once this is over with to learn their lore.
Arratak

#98 Post by Arratak »

Arken watched intently as the she-elf picked herself up and collected her things. A sudden compulsion came over him, his heart melted for this elf. He seen so much in common in her life. She was like him, or he was like her, life had not been kind to them. And he suddenly felt close to her. But he quickly dismissed that feeling. Unnatural and not like him.

Arken wasn't one for sentiments but he felt compelled to give her praise. "well done" he said quietly and left it at that.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#99 Post by Elithmar »

Selthar stepped up, keeping his keen Asrai eyes at all times on the sword master. The Asur poised for action, blade held out in preparation.

What the waywatcher planned to do was to sink into the shadows as he was used to doing, and then quickly burst out again when the sword master dropped his guard and was vulnerable. He would take his Asrai blade right to the Asur's neck, and force him to let him past.

He stepped back into the darkness, and waited. He saw his opponent's confused look. He waited. There! He relaxed for a second, and Selthar pounced! Was the timing right though?

OOC: Waywatcher skill used (5) - 6,4,2,2,1 so 2 successes? Ouch! I'm guessing that's a fail.
"I say the Eatainii were cheating - again." -Aicanor
"Eatainian jerks…" -Headshot
"It was a little ungentlemanly." -Aicanor (on the Eatainii)
"What is it with Eataini being blamed for everything?" -Aicanor
The Silly Dragon

#100 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: some heroes we're all turning out to be! :lol:
Arratak

#101 Post by Arratak »

Arken watched intently as the two warriors fought, then all of a sudden the wood elf vanished and reappeared to catch the swordmaster off guard. However the old swordmaster had kept his nerve and looked to overcome the elf as their swords clashed.
"that's a neat trick I will have to learn..." Arken thought to himself.
[quote="Ptolemy"]
"My eagles are going to die. If you choose how they die, you'll win the game. If you let me choose, I'll win the game." [/quote]

[url=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][img]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/23.jpg[/img][/url]
The Silly Dragon

#102 Post by The Silly Dragon »

His move did not do so well in this well lit room giving the guard enough time to react. But now that the Asrai had revealed himself the Bladelord started to charge at him going on the offensive, sword held low for a mighty uppercut.

OOC: Bladelord rolls a 3,5,5 =2 successes and a drawn combat so far. Round 2!
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#103 Post by Elithmar »

The trick failed! The blademaster managed to deflect Selthar's blow just at the right moment. Still, that was not the limit of Selthar's abilities.

Of course if brains fail, there is always brawn. Selthar let himself be filled with all the fury of Kurnous, and let out his rage on the Asur guard. With his twin knives he leaped at the sword master in a flurry of blades, hoping that one would hit the target.

OOC: Skill used - The Wild Hunt (5) - 2,2,3,4,5 - So 2 successes again :? Oh dear.
The Silly Dragon

#104 Post by The Silly Dragon »

OOC: No worries as a first opponent is really only a tutorial i am lessening the dice he rolls to 2 so you should beat him. Still i think this has gone on long enough, He rolls a 1,3 so he gets a -1! You beat him by a solid victory! Huzzah! Next up will be Arken but let Elithmar post his character's fight and i'll let you control the bladelord just don't rough him up too badly! Make it cool! Then we get this started.
Arratak

#105 Post by Arratak »

It seems the swordmaster is getting tired, should be easy for me. Arken thought.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#106 Post by Elithmar »

It worked though! Selthar managed to land a strike on the sword master's arm. It wasn't a serious wound, just a cut, but it would certainly be painful enough.

"May I pass now?" Selthar asked smugly.
The Silly Dragon

#107 Post by The Silly Dragon »

The Bladelord held his arm with his free hand and looked for any lasting damage. The Asrai's blade had not cut deep but his ego would surely be scarred and his beloved white cloth shirt was now torn! He looks up at the few would-be heroes who beat him and stepped to one side to allow them passage. Then he stood in the way of the Human Arken and broadened his shoulders before the Man could pass,
"you have yet to test yourself!" he spoke flatly and with confidence, after all it was only a human, or so the Swordmaster thought.

OOC: So far Cynthia and Selthar may enter the armoury. Arken is up next. If you want i can speed things up alittle here. Arratak make your move and roll the dice!
Arratak

#108 Post by Arratak »

"I do not need anything from your armoury good swordmaster. Besides, your tired. It wouldn't be fair fight." Arken said while adjusting his belts and weapon straps.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#109 Post by Yvran the Prince »

"A human wouldn't have beaten me anyway!," scoffed the Bladelord.
"If you spend your whole time thinking about the universe, you tend to forget the less important bits of it. Like your pants."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#110 Post by Arratak »

Arken chuckled briefly. "so it seems old man, if you want to try your luck for a third time, I could spar with you. But I still don't need hand outs." then Arken lit his pipe again with his flint and steel, and began to draw deeply.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

The Silly Dragon

#111 Post by The Silly Dragon »

Cynthia walked past the Bladelord and into the towers armoury. There were still a dozen guards inside and they gave her a brief look as she entered.

Standing there for a second to take it all in Cynthia breathed in deep. This is where all the powerful artifacts were of ages past. The wealth of weapons that could help her spill the blood of her enemies and she had access to it all.

Or so she thought as two guards blocked her path through a large ornate locked door. Elvish symbols decorated this doorway to show it as the way to the most powerful of items like the Bow of the Seafarer. It was not to be then for Cynthia to weild such a prized tool of destruction. She curses under her breath as she walks away, she wasn't surprised as the heroes of old didn't just have a simple duel to get access to the most powerful items.

Looking around she did find some new Daggers but left them alone, enchanted or not she preferred her own. Then she looked around the arrows but nothing was of any real worth. Then to the Bows and she was happy to see one splendid looking bow made of Ilthilmar if she wasn't mistaken but it was tarnished for a darkened look. She picks it up and the grip seemed to mold itself perfectly for her hand. It felt lighter then the air itself. Without thinking she drops her old one to the ground and walks away with her new prize, not sure if she was expected to return it after which she had no intention of doing so.

Then on her agenda was a suit of armour. If she was to be in the middle of a war she needed better protection then her tattered leather. She sees a suit of black and crimson shadow armour. Not the one of legend but it would do just as well. They were said to help the wearer blend into the shadows and muffle any sound they make.

She eagerly looked around for a place to change into her new attire, where no prying eyes were.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#112 Post by Elithmar »

Ha! Is the human too scared? thought Selthar.

He entered the armoury, looking about for some new blades. There must be something he could use...

OOC: Do I just make up what I want, or is there a list to take from?
The Silly Dragon

#113 Post by The Silly Dragon »

The Bladelord ignores the human as it brings no honour to bring down such an opponent, he didn't want access to the armoury so he wasn't worth the time. He turns his attention to Alithir now and notices the Noble origins in the Elves own armour. It would be a good battle.

OOC: Make it up but within reason. I'll tell you if what you have is too powerful (a guard will take it from you and shake his finger side to side :lol: ). Not sure if these should do anything since the SPAM system is skill based (maybe we receive a +1 to one of our skills while using the item? But only 1 item per person then and Cynthia's Bow wont give any bonus so she will recieve +1 to her Ambush skill while wearing her Shadow Armour). And John you are up roll your skill your using and post the fight.
Last edited by The Silly Dragon on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elithmar
Young Eataini Prince

#114 Post by Elithmar »

There! Two beautiful, green-tinted blades. They were small and light, but had a wickedly sharp edge, as the waywatcher found by accidentally pricking his fingertip with one. However as soon as he held the knives in his hands, the wound healed.

Handy, he thought.
Arratak

#115 Post by Arratak »

OOC: johns character and the swordmaster captain don't have to fight. They were already deemed worthy to enter.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#116 Post by Yvran the Prince »

OOC: I have pre-made stuff for john and Cython, if they want it.

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Mentheus of Caledor

#117 Post by Mentheus of Caledor »

OOC: I'm happy to take that off your hands, whatever it may be :)
"They thought we had all but died out, but as we take to the skies our foes will tremble with fear, for they will know the True Dragon Princes have returned."
Arratak

#118 Post by Arratak »

While the others were fussing over weapons. Arken took out a leather pouch of tobacco and packed a bit into his pipe, then put the pouch back into his jerkin's pocket. He lit the pipe again and leaned against a wall outside the armoury and waited. The day was getting on and he was getting impatient. Kalossir was taking his time with the preparations. So he decided to pull out his whetstone from a leather pouch at his belt and sharpen his weapons.
[quote="Ptolemy"]

Yvran the Prince

#119 Post by Yvran the Prince »

A guard stood up and walked over to Alithir. "My lord," he said, "This was given to us by a great Dragonmage. He told us to give it to the next Caledorian to enter this room. No Caledorians have entered before you, so you may have this mighty heirloom of your land." He handed Alithir a ring. It was a dark, reddish-gold colour, and Elven runes and patterns of flames were etched into it.

Meanwhile... Kalossir walked over to Lenaethis. "Lenaethis, you have been a good guard to me these past years," he said "To repay you, here is a gift from my personal armoury." Kalossir gave him a golden gauntlet with a large, flat, circular gem on the palm. "Placing your palm against a wound while you are wearing this glove will heal it, and it also has the power to store sunlight and release it in the form of a blast of energy."

-[i]Terry Pratchett[/i]
Arratak

#120 Post by Arratak »

After Arken finished polishing his last dagger and sheathed it inside his left boot he got up and waited at the door of the armoury for the rest of the party.

"how far north are we travelling Kalossir?" he called out.
[quote="Ptolemy"]